手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

十五分钟城市

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

For too long, those of us who live in cities big and small have accepted the unacceptable.

长久以来,无论是生活在大城市还是小城市里的我们,都已经接受了无法接受的现状。
We accept that in cities our sense of time is warped,
我们接受了这样的事实:在城市中,我们的时间观念退化了,
because we have to waste so much of it just adapting to the absurd organization and long distances of most of today's cities.
因为我们不得不浪费大量时间来适应今天大多数城市极不合理的结构规划和不同地点之间遥远的距离。
Why is it we who have to adapt and to degrade our potential quality of life?
我们为什么不得不适应这些不便,并降低自己的潜在生活质量?
Why is it not the city that responds to our needs?
为什么不让城市反过来满足我们的需要?
Why have we left cities to develop on the wrong path for so long?
为什么我们让城市沿着错误的道路发展了这么久?
I would like to offer a concept of cities that goes in the opposite direction to modern urbanism,
在此,我要提出一个与现代大都市的发展方向相反的新的城市概念,
an attempt at converging life into a human-sized space rather than fracturing it into inhuman bigness and then forcing us to adapt.
即尝试把生活融合进一个以人为本的空间内,而不是将其分散在该空间之外,并强迫我们去适应。
I call it "the 15-minute city."
我称之为“15分钟城市”。
And in a nutshell, the idea is that cities should be designed or redesigned so that within the distance of a 15-minute walk or bike ride,
简而言之,城市应该被设计或重新设计,在步行或骑车15分钟的距离内,
people should be able to live the essence of what constitutes the urban experience:
人们就能够充分体验到城市特有的便利:
to access work, housing, food, health, education, culture and leisure.
外出工作、回家,获取食物、健康、教育、文化和休闲。
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself: Why does a noisy and polluted street need to be a noisy and polluted street? Just because it is?
你是否曾心生疑惑:街道本就应该是喧闹和脏乱的吗?有办法改善吗?
Why can't it be a garden street lined with trees, where people can actually meet and walk to the baker and kids can walk to school?
为什么不能是绿树成荫的花园街道,人们能够边聊天边步行去附近的面包店,孩子也能够走路去学校?
Our acceptance of the dysfunctions and indignities of modern cities has reached a peak.
我们对现代城市的混乱和糟糕的市容已经容忍到了极点。
We need to change that. We need to change it for the sake of justice, of our well-being and of the climate.
我们要改变现状。为了公正、我们的福祉和气候而彻底改变城市的面貌。
What do we need to create 15-minute cities?
我们为什么需要打造“15分钟城市”?
First, we need to start asking questions that we have forgotten.
首先,我们需要问一问早已被我们忘却的问题。
For instance, we need to look hard at how we use our square meters.
例如,我们需要认真考虑如何利用好每一寸土地。
What is that space for? Who's using it and how?
每个地方用来做什么?谁在使用,以及如何使用这片区域?
We need to understand what resources we have and how they are used.
我们要清楚我们有哪些资源,以及这些资源是否得到了合理利用。
Then we need to ask what services are available in the vicinity -- not only in the city center, in every vicinity.
然后,我们要问问周围有哪些服务设施--不仅是在市中心,而是在每一片区域。
Health providers, shops, artisans, markets, sports, cultural life, schools, parks.
医疗卫生机构、商店、工艺品店、市场、运动场所、文化生活、学校、公园,等等。
Are there green areas? Are there water fountains placed to cool off during the frequent heat waves?
有自然景观吗?在频繁的酷热天气中,这些地方有喷泉可以消暑吗?

十五分钟城市

We also have to ask ourselves: How do we work? Why is the place I live here, and work is far away?

我们还得问问自己:我们如何工作?为什么工作的地方离我家那么远?
We need to rethink cities around the four guiding principles that are the key building blocks of the 15-minute city.
我们需要围绕以下这四项指导原则重新思考城市的设计,它们是“15分钟城市”的重要基石。
First, ecology: for a green and sustainable city.
首先,以生态学为指导:建设绿色、可持续的城市。
Second, proximity: to live with reduced distance to other activities.
第二,邻近居住:缩短居住地与其他日常活动地点的距离。
Third, solidarity: to create links between people.
第三,团结:打造人与人之间的联系。
Finally, participation should actively involve citizens in the transformation of their neighborhood.
最后,居民们应该积极参与社区的改造。
Don't get me wrong -- I'm not angling for cities to become rural hamlets.
但我要澄清一点,我不是要把城市变成小村庄。
Urban life is vibrant and creative. Cities are places of economic dynamism and innovation.
城市生活是充满生机和创造力的。城市是经济活力和创新的体现。
But we need to make urban life more pleasant, agile, healthy and flexible.
但我们要让城市生活更加令人愉悦,更加充满生机、健康和灵活性。
To do so, we need to make sure everyone -- and I mean everyone, those living downtown and those living at the fringes
为了做到这一点,我们要保证每个人--我说的是每个人,所有住在市中心和郊区的人,
has access to all key services within proximity.
都能在住所附近获取到重要的社区服务。
How do we get this done? The first city to adopt the 15-minute city idea is Paris, France.
如何做到这一点呢?第一个采用“15分钟城市”概念的城市就是法国的巴黎。
Mayor Anne Hidalgo has suggested a big bang of proximity,
市长安妮·伊达尔戈提出了“邻近大爆炸”的建议,
which includes, for instance, a massive decentralization, developing new services for each of the districts...
包括,例如大规模去中心化,为每个区域开发新的服务,
a reduction of traffic by increasing bike lanes into spaces of leisure; new economic models to encourage local shops; building more green spaces;
通过增加基于自行车道的休闲空间来减少交通拥堵,用新的经济模式来鼓励打造更多当地的商铺,更多绿色空间,
transform existing infrastructure, for instance, fabrication labs in sports centers or turning schools into neighborhood centers in the evenings.
转变现有基础设施,例如在晚间,把创意实验活动中心改造成运动中心,或者把学校改造成社区活动中心。
That's actually a golden rule of the 15-minute city: every square meter that's already built should be used for different things.
这就是“15分钟城市”的黄金法则:每一寸建成的土地都应当具备不同的用途。
The 15-minute city is an attempt to reconcile the city with the humans that live in it. The 15-minute city should have three key features.
“15分钟城市”就是让城市和城市中的居民和谐共处的一种尝试。这个概念应当有三个主要特点。
First, the rhythm of the city should follow humans, not cars.
首先,城市节奏应当依从人类,而不是车辆。
Second, each square meter should serve many different purposes.
第二,每一寸土地都应当具备不同的用途。
Finally, neighborhoods should be designed so that we can live, work and thrive in them without having to constantly commute elsewhere.
最后,社区的设计应该让我们能够在其中生活、工作和健康发展,而不必经常往返于不同的地点。
It's funny if you think of it: the way many modern cities are designed is often determined by the imperative to save time,
仔细想想,这是个很有意思的现象:现代城市的设计常常是为了节省时间,
and yet so much time is lost to commuting, sitting in traffic jams, driving to a mall, in a bubble of illusory acceleration.
然而我们都身处一个虚幻的加速泡沫中,反而把大量时间浪费在通勤、交通拥堵和驾车购物的途中。
The 15-minute city idea answers the question of saving time by turning it on its head, by suggesting a different pace of life.
“15分钟城市”这一概念颠覆了传统的生活节奏,为如何节省时间的问题提出了自己的答案。
A 15-minute pace. Thank you.
“15分钟节奏”。谢谢大家。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
solidarity [.sɔli'dæriti]

想一想再看

n. 团结

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
participation [pɑ:.tisi'peiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 参加,参与

 
creative [kri'eitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 创造性的

联想记忆
bubble ['bʌbl]

想一想再看

n. 气泡,泡影
v. 起泡,冒泡

 
illusory [i'lu:səri]

想一想再看

adj. 虚幻的,幻觉的

联想记忆
fabrication [.fæbri'keiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 制造,建造,虚构的谎言

 
adopt [ə'dɔpt]

想一想再看

v. 采用,收养,接受

联想记忆
unacceptable ['ʌnək'septəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不能接受的,不受欢迎的

 
agile ['ædʒail]

想一想再看

adj. (动作)敏捷的,灵活的,(头脑)机灵的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。