手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

解决远程办公难题的三个步骤

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

You might think that working remotely is an introvert's dream: you're in your own home hidden behind a computer, possibly in your pajamas.

你可能认为远程办公是内向的人的梦想:你可以在家里,藏在电脑屏幕后,可能还穿着睡衣。
But the truth is, for many introverts, remote work is kind of a nightmare.
但真相并非如此,对很多内向的人来说,远程办公反而是一场噩梦。
Now that the pandemic has chased many of us out of our offices, we're chafing under the new remote rules of work:
疫情已迫使很多人离开办公室,而远程办公的新规则使我们变得焦躁不安:
too much screen time; a lack of boundaries between work and home; endless video calls.
过长的屏幕时间;工作与私人生活没有了界限;没有尽头的视频会议。
The same things that make remote work difficult for introverts make it difficult for everyone.
这些让内向的人对远程办公感到恼火的事情,也让每一个人都感到恼火。
Far and away, the worst part of remote work is video calls. Being on camera is a performance.
远程办公中最糟糕的部分就是视频会议。出现在摄像头前是一场演出。
Thoughtless scheduling can mean you're basically onstage performing for eight hours a day.
草率的时间安排意味着你基本上要在舞台上一天表演八个小时。
There are none of the nuanced cues that help you read a room.
没有任何细微的线索能帮你读懂局势。
Staring at disembodied heads on a screen offers only a pale imitation of real human connection.
看着屏幕上没有实体的人像让人感受到的只有人与人间联系的苍白模仿。
Social anxiety only makes this worse.
社交恐惧只会让事情更糟。
When you have a camera in your face, that can really trigger your social anxiety. It takes energy to be on.
当有一个摄像头在你的面前,很容易就会触发你的社交恐惧症。保持兴致需要耗费大量精力。
So the key to managing remote work is to protect your energy.
所以远程办公的关键是保持精力充沛。
First, pay attention to ritual and routine.
首先,要注重仪式感与习惯。
As much as we hated our commutes, they were a ritual that created a boundary between work and home. And we need that.
尽管我们讨厌在办公室间奔波,但这是一个区分工作与家庭的必要界限。我们都需要这样的“仪式”。
For many of us, those little breaks that we would build in to the work day
对许多人来说,那些工作时自己创造的休闲时刻,
going to get a cup of coffee or a chat with a coworker -- those are gone, too.
比如去冲一杯咖啡或者与同事聊聊天,都消失了。
For me, those rituals are when I gather my energy, assume my work character and get into the right headspace to dive in.
对我来说,通过小小的仪式,我才能调整我的精力,调整我的工作状态,带着正确的心态去工作。
So how can you recreate those breaks and boundaries at home?
那么我们怎样才能在家里重塑这些休息时光呢?
The key is to be intentional. It could be music or lighting, a pep talk with a friend.
重点是要让自己“刻意”起来。比如听音乐、点亮房间的灯或者与朋友相互打气。
You could take a walk around the block at a certain time of day or even a breathing or stretching routine before you sit
你可以在每天特定时间去散步,或者在坐下之前做深呼吸与拉伸运动,
whatever it takes for you to delineate the transition between work and home.
任何方式都可以为你划清工作与家庭间的界限。

解决远程办公难题的三个步骤

Second, we need to manage our pace, place and space.

第二点,我们需要掌控我们的节奏、工作和个人空间。
You can think of pacing as managing the interactions that tax your energy versus those that recharge you.
你可以把调整节奏看作控制消耗精力的交流方式,想办法让自己恢复精力。
You could schedule fewer videoconferences, because remember, those are performances.
你可以减少视频会议的次数,记住,视频会议都只是表演。
You could schedule downtime or recharge time after performances.
你可以在会议之后安排休息时间。
Oprah does this, as do many introverted performers and CEOs. You could consider the time of day.
奥普拉就是这样做的,很多性格内向的演员和CEO也都这样做。你可以回顾一天内的安排。
Think about when you can typically summon the energy to be on and save other times for quiet work.
想一想,你在什么时候精力最充沛,然后把其他时间留给可以私下完成的工作。
For place, use your workspace to help you enforce good boundaries.
至于工作地点,利用你的工作空间帮助你划清界限。
Even if your desk is in your kitchen, make it feel like a workplace.
哪怕你的办公桌是在厨房,也要试着让它看起来像一个工作的地方。
For space, build in some alone time every day.
每天要有独处的时间。
And this includes time away from your kids. It's really key to avoiding burnout.
包括远离吵闹的孩子。这对于防止整个人崩溃十分重要。
Finally, if you're a manager, you have a special role to play to help employees protect their pace, place and space.
最后一点,如果你是一个经理,你有必要去帮助员工保护他们的节奏、工作空间和个人空间。
Manage the room during video calls. Even remotely, chatty extroverts tend to dominate.
对视频会议进行管理。哪怕在远程办公中,主导对话的通常也是外向者。
To create a space where everyone can be heard, structure agendas, assign presentation rules and minimize brainstorming.
为了营造一个每一个人都可以发声的空间,你需要安排合理的议程表,正确分配发言的角色,尽量减少头脑风暴。
Brainstorming can trigger social anxiety, and it can freeze up introverts.
头脑风暴可能会触发社交恐惧,使内向者无所适从。
Instead, create a shared space where people can write their ideas before a brainstorming session.
取而代之的方法是,在头脑风暴之前,创造一个每人都可以写下自己想法的公用空间。
Favor audio over video calls. Research shows that we actually communicate more emotion and nuance via audio alone.
尽量选择语音而非视频。研究表明,使用声音交流能让我们传达更多的情感。
Try asynchronous communication for more complicated or provocative one-on-ones.
可以尝试非同步交流方式,针对容易引发矛盾的一对一谈话。
You can steal this idea from author Robert Glazer: record a voice memo or video on your phone explaining your perspective and send it to a colleague.
你也可以尝试作家罗伯特·格雷泽的方法:用手机录制一个视频或备忘录来说明你的观点将其发送给同事。
And that way, they can respond and react in their own time.
这样,他们也可以在自己适合的时机进行回复。
Along with a lot of challenges now, we have an opportunity.
虽然我们正面对很多的挑战,但我们还有机会。
Remote work is here to stay, so don't just transfer old habits and old company culture to remote work.
远程办公将陪伴我们很长时间,所以不要把旧习惯与曾经的公司文化带入远程办公中。
Build something better. To get started, ask the introverts in your office what their ideal day looks like and take your cue from there.
相反,尝试创造一些更好的方式。首先,问一问办公室中的内向者他们理想的一天的模样,你会从中有所启发。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
delineate [di'lini.eit]

想一想再看

vt. 描绘,叙述,画出

联想记忆
boundary ['baundri]

想一想再看

n. 分界线,边界

 
cue [kju:]

想一想再看

n. 暗示,提示,信号
vt. 给 ... 提

 
gather ['gæðə]

想一想再看

v. 聚集,聚拢,集合
n. 集合,聚集

 
screen [skri:n]

想一想再看

n. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风
v. 放映,选拔,掩

 
block [blɔk]

想一想再看

n. 街区,木块,石块
n. 阻塞(物), 障

 
dominate ['dɔmineit]

想一想再看

v. 支配,占优势,俯视

 
pandemic [pæn'demik]

想一想再看

adj. 全国流行的 n. (全国或全世界范围流行的)疾

联想记忆
onstage ['ɔn'steidʒ, 'ɔ:n-]

想一想再看

adj. 台上的;台上演出的 adv. 上台;上场

 
introverted [,intrəu'və:tid]

想一想再看

adj. 内向的 v. 使内翻;使...内向(intro

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。