手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 跟我学跟我做 > 正文

如何判断自己身上有味道(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

But James’ magnum opus, his veritable atomic stink bomb, is launched from his mouth.

但詹姆斯的"杰作" 他名副其实的臭气原子弹 是从他嘴里发射出来的

One of our staff members got first-degree burns on her cheeks after mistakenly asking James the time.

我们的一个工作人员误问詹姆斯时间之后 脸颊一级烧伤

After that she said she thought she had radiation sickness.

她之后说她认为自己得了辐射病

Yep, she could have told him about it, but she didn’t.

是的 她本可以告诉詹姆斯 但她没有

If no one tells you, you might not ever know that you have the mouth of the living dead.

如果没有人告诉你 你可能永远不会知道你有口臭

According to the experts, and we are talking about Colgate,

根据专家们的说法 也就是高露洁

they say go to the mirror and stick out your tongue.

他们说你可以对着镜子伸出舌头

Do you see white stuff on your tongue?

你舌头上有白色的东西吗

That could be bacteria and it might be the cause.

这可能是细菌 也可能是口臭的原因

If you truly don’t know that your breath might smell bad and you have no great plains of white stuff,

如果你真的不知道你的呼吸可能有异味 你舌头上也没有一大片白色的东西

do a sniff test.

那就做一个嗅觉测试

You can simply lick your hand and smell that.

你只要舔一下你的手 闻一下就可以了

You can also get right in there and scrape your tongue with a plastic scraper,

你也可以直接把plastic scraper伸进去 刮舌头

not a knife we should say but the back of a spoon will do the trick.

我们说的不是用刀 用勺子的背面就可以了

Now smell the scraper.

现在闻闻勺背的味道

Does it stink?

它臭吗

For this you can also use dental floss.

为此 你也可以使用牙线

Do the flossing and take a sniff after.

用牙线清洁 然后闻一闻

We are talking about chronic bad breath here,

我们在这里讨论的是慢性口臭

and you’ll likely know if it’s bad not just because you ate a garlic sandwich.

你很可能会知道你的口臭不只是因为你吃了大蒜三明治

If it’s chronic there might be an underlying problem, such as tooth decay.

如果是慢性的 那你可能有潜在的问题 比如蛀牙

Now it’s time to visit the dentist and tell him you think you have bad breath

现在是时候去看牙医了 告诉他你有口臭

and it’s really hampering your ability to attract a mate.

这真的妨碍了你脱单

That dentist might not want to get too close to you, but he can give you something called a halimeter test.

那个牙医可能不想离你太近 但他可以给你做一种叫做口臭测试的东西

These things detect the volatile gases in your noxious mouth

这些东西能检测出你口中的挥发性气体

so you won’t just know if you have bad breath, sometimes called halitosis, you’ll know just how bad it is since it will give you a reading.

所以你不仅能知道你是否有口臭 有你还能知道情况有多糟 因为它能给你一个读数

We should say, though, that The National Institutes of Health said they are sometimes not reliable.

不过 美国国立卫生研究院表示 这些测试有时并不可靠。

We think if James tried one he’d melt the device.

我们认为 如果詹姆斯去试一下 他会把装置熔化的

So, visit the dentist if you discover something is wrong in your mouth.

所以 如果你发现口腔有问题 就去看牙医

Also, be sure to maintain good oral hygiene.

另外 一定要保持良好的口腔卫生

Avoid having a dry mouth, so drink plenty of water.

避免口干 所以要多喝水

You might also give your teeth a quick brush after each meal.

你也可以在每顿饭后快速刷牙

It’s not hard, just a very light brush for a few seconds.

不难 只是轻轻刷几秒钟

As for James, we’ve secretly had to replace the carpet under his desk three times

至于詹姆斯 我们已经秘密地把他桌子下面的地毯换了三次

because he likes to take his shoes off.

因为他喜欢脱鞋

After we lost several animators and a cleaner

在我们失去了几个动画师和一个清洁工之后

we had to unjustly promote him and give him his own office,

我们被迫不公正地提拔他 给他自己的办公室

what we refer to as the “containment area”.

我们称之为“封锁区”

Come on, surely he must know his feet stink?

拜托 他一定知道自己的脚很臭吧

Well, if you don’t smell your shoes you might not know.

好吧 如果你不闻闻鞋子 你可能不知道。

Some people are not flexible enough to put their feet up to their nose.

有些人不够灵活 不能把脚举到鼻子上

So, pick up a shoe and get your nose right in there.

所以 拿起一只鞋 把鼻子凑过去闻闻

Does it smell bad?

臭吗

If the answer if yes it might mean you sweat a lot in those shoes.

如果答案是肯定的 那可能意味着你穿着那双鞋出了很多汗

The sweat dries, and then you sweat again, and on, and on.

汗水干了 然后你又出汗了 一次又一次 循环往复

You might try changing shoes now and again or just get rid of them if they are rotting.

你可以试着时不时地换鞋 或者把穿烂的鞋子扔掉

After that, wash your feet in antibacterial soap once a day and don’t forget to dry your feet really well.

之后 每天用抗菌肥皂洗一次脚 别忘了好好擦干

Try not to wear the same shoes every day and God forbid you don’t believe in regular sock changing.

尽量不要每天穿同一双鞋 还要有规律地换袜子

1 2.jpg

You can also use a pumice stone when you wash to get rid of dead skin.

洗澡的时候也可以用浮石去死皮

Before you get dressed, try spraying your feet with deodorant or antiperspirant.

在你穿穿鞋之前 试着给你的脚喷上除臭剂或止汗剂

A pharmacist can also give you special foot powders to absorb sweat.

药剂师也可以给你特殊的足粉来吸收汗液

This should work,

这应该行得通

but if it doesn’t, go see a doctor because something else could be going on down there.

但如果不行 就去看医生 因为下面可能还有别的事情发生

Don’t let your feet get you quarantined in the back office.

别让你的脚被隔离

We think that’s all the bases covered,

我们认为所有的臭味来源都涵盖在内了

but let’s just say if you’re a young man or young woman

但如果你是一个年轻男性或年轻女性

and have just started being intimate for the first time

刚刚开始亲密的第一次

you best make sure you maintain good hygiene down in your nether regions.

你最好确保你的私密部位保持良好的卫生

You want to keep your lover, don’t you?

你想留住你的爱人 是吗

That area can get whiffy after multiple toilet visits and of course after it’s been working in other ways.

在多次上厕所之后 这个部位可能会有臭味

The rule of thumb is after it’s been used it needs taking care of.

经验法则是在上完厕所之后需要清洁一下

We can’t tell you how vicious James’ genital area is since no one’s ever been near that region.

我们无法告诉你詹姆斯的生殖器区域有多臭 因为从来没有人靠近过那个区域

We think that if James followed this advice today we’d talk to him a lot more,

我们认为 如果詹姆斯今天听从这个建议 我们会和他有更多的交流

but for some people their smell problem is so bad they might need more help.

但对一些人来说 他们的嗅觉问题非常严重 他们可能需要更多的帮助

But don’t fear, certain medical procedures can help you.

但别担心 某些医疗程序可以帮助你

You can be cured of your melodious malady, so don’t let it get you down.

你的顽疾是可以治好的 所以不要失望

Have you ever had a smell problem?

你有过嗅觉问题吗

How did you deal with it?

你是怎么处理的

Tell us in the comments.

可以在评论中告诉我们

Now go watch “What Happens To Your Body in a Coma?”

现在可以去看“昏迷中你的身体发生了什么?”

Thanks for watching, and as always, don’t forget to like, share and subscribe.

感谢收看,不要忘记点赞、分享和订阅哦。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
noxious ['nɔkʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 有害的,有毒的

联想记忆
pharmacist ['fɑ:məsist]

想一想再看

n. 药剂师,药商

联想记忆
melt [melt]

想一想再看

vi. 融化,熔化,消散
vt. 使融化,使熔

 
flexible ['fleksəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 灵活的,易弯曲的,柔韧的,可变通的

联想记忆
replace [ri(:)'pleis]

想一想再看

vt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处

 
promote [prə'məut]

想一想再看

vt. 促进,提升,升迁; 发起; 促销

联想记忆
containment [kən'teinmənt]

想一想再看

n. 容积,控制,遏制政策

 
decay [di'kei]

想一想再看

v. (使)衰退,(使)腐败,腐烂
n. 衰退

联想记忆
bacteria [bæk'tiəriə]

想一想再看

n. (复数)细菌

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。