手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第84期:如何提高听力?(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Okay, so listening to speech is different than reading text.

听人说话和看书实际上是不一样的。

I mean, people speak kind of differently than they write.

我的意思是,人们说话和写作的方式其实是有点不同。

Well, like yeah all of these words are exactly what I'm talking about.

就像所有这些单词就是我在讲的。

Every language has their own fillers that people use.

每个语言都有大家会使用的一些填充词。

Now fillers are little words that don't mean much.

填充词都是没什么具体意思的小单词。

People usually add them to their speech without even thinking about it.

人们通常没经过什么思考,就会在说话的时候加上这些词。

They're words like um, uh, well, I mean, actually, like.

比如说恩,呃,好的,我指的是,其实,比如这些词。

They're all examples of filler words

它们都是填充词,

and all they're really there for is to give the speaker a little more time to think about what they're going to say next.

它们的存在是为了给说话的人更多时间来考虑接下来要说什么。

Now it's really natural for native speakers to use them.

以英语为母语的人使用它们是很自然的。

They don't even think about it.

他们连想都没想。

But it can be really tough for you while you're listening to a native speaker and their speech is full of these extra words that don't really mean very much.

但是当你在听一个以英语为母语的人的讲话时,他们的字里行间充满了这些多余的词,这些词其实意义不大,但对你来说真的很难。

Learning them, becoming familiar with the ones that are commonly used will help your brain to sort of skip over them while you're listening

学习并熟悉常用的填充词,可以帮助你的大脑在听的时候跳过它们,

so you'll train yourself to ignore them and listen for the more important things that they're saying in the sentence.

这样你就可以训练自己忽略它们,去听英语母语者说的更重要的东西。

So these are really commonly used by native speakers in lots of different English-speaking countries but there might be some more specific ones in certain areas.

这些都是不同英语国家的母语者常用的词汇,但是某些特区可能会有特定的表达。

So if you're watching this as a native English speaker and you've got a couple of fillers that you want to add to this list that are commonly used where you're from, then please do.

如果你是英语母语者在看这个视频的话,你有一些你们国家常用的填充词想要加入其中,那就请大家这么做吧。

I'd love to have you help my students here on the mmmEnglish Channel.

我很喜欢让大家帮助美味英语的学生。

But I always find it really interesting to hear the different fillers in other languages too because they can be quite different

但是我觉得听到其他语言不通的填充词也非常有趣,因为它们非常不同,

and they sound quite strange if you try and use a filler from another language in English.

听起来有点奇怪,如果你试着用英语说其他语言的填充词的话。

No one will recognise it as a filler.

没有人能够认出来这是个填充词。

Right so you need to study connected speech.

好的,所以大家需要做的就是学习连读。

Just as grammar is the path to better writing and confidence is a big step towards better speaking,

正如语法是提升写作能力的道路,自信是提升口语能力的一大步一样,

understanding connected speech is the key to better listening skills in English.

理解话语连读时提升英语听力技能的关键。

Connected speech is the way that sounds and words link together, they blend together or maybe the sounds even change completely as we speak a word out loud.

连读指的就是将音节和单词连接起来,它们会融为一体,如果我们说的声音比较大的话,可能听起来语音完全改变了。

Native speakers don't pronounce every word separately.

母语者并不会把每个单词的音都给发出来。

Instead, we push words together, some of these sounds disappear or they change and it all happens as we speak out loud.

相反的是,我们会把单词挤到一起,有一些音就会消失,或者是改变,我们说话的时候都会这样。

So knowing what connected speech is is the first step but you need to practise it as well.

知道连读是什么是第一步,但是你也需要进行练习。

Now this is a great place to start.

这就是一个超赞的开始。

There is a whole playlist of mine on connected speech right there.

有一整个播放列表都是关于连读的。

download (2).jpg

How to use it in naturally spoken English.

如何在自然英语口语中使用连读。

So I go over a lot of detail there step-by-step.

我在这些视频里一步步地带大家过了很多细节。

There's lots of examples and there's lots of opportunities to practise as well.

有一些例子,还有很多进行练习的机会。

Now I'm going to link that at the end of this lesson so don't go anywhere just yet alright?

我会在本节课程的结束放上链接,所以大家可别划走哦?

Because I'm not quite finished yet.

因为我还没有结束呢。

Listening's great because you can do it while you're multitasking.

因为我还没有结束呢。

You can listen to music while you're driving a car.

在开车的时候就可以听音乐。

You can listen to a podcast while you're walking, you can watch TV while you're cycling at the gym.

在散步的时候可以听播客,在健身房蹬自行车的时候可以看电视。

Awesome!

太赞了!

But if you want to improve your listening skills, you need to do more than just listen.

但是如果你想要提升听力技能的话,你需要比听做得更多。

You need to be actively listening, right?

你需要积极地去听,懂了吗?

To do that, the best thing you can do is have a goal.

要那么做的话,最好的事情就是定下一个目标。

Set a specific goal or a challenge that you need to accomplish through the listening practice.

在听力练习的过程中要定下一个具体的目标,你需要完成的或者是挑战。

So you could challenge yourself to recognise ten new words from a podcast and write them down as you're listening to them.

所以呢大家可以在听的时候可以挑战自己从一个播客里面认出十个新的单词,然后写下来这些单词。

Maybe even try and guess the meaning from the context of the discussion.

可能甚至是试一下从讨论当中猜一下是什么意思。

You can look them up after to check if you're right.

大家可以在后面检查一下是不是对的。

Another idea is to use a video with a transcript.

另外一个好主意就是使用有字幕的视频。

A TED talk is perfect for this.

TED就很完美啦。

So listen and after you listen, try and explain the author's or the speaker's opinion about a particular issue.

那就听呗,听完之后试着解释一下作者或者是演讲者对于某个问题的观点。

And then use the transcript to go back and see how much of it you got right or how much of it you understood.

然后用字幕回去检查一下你对了多少,理解了多少。

If you're lucky enough to have a language exchange partner, someone who's learning your native language and who's helping you to practise your English skills,

如果你足够幸运有一个语伴,那就是正在学习你的母语,并且能够帮助你练习英语技能的人的话,

then practise telling each other a story, maybe about your childhood.

那就练习互相给对方讲故事,可能是关于童年的。

Then try to summarise it back to them so that they can tell you how accurate you were with your listening.

然后你试着去给对方总结一下,这样他们就能够告诉你你听对了多少。

Another awesome technique is to combine different English skills so combine listening with speaking or combine it with reading or writing.

另外一个很赞的技巧就是结合不同的英语技能,把听力和口语技能结合,或者是把听力和阅读或者写作结合。

Like I said earlier, if you hear an expression that you don't know, try and guess the meaning from the context and just make a note of it so you can check it later.

正如我之前说过的,如果你听到一个不知道的表达的话,试着从语境中猜猜是什么意思,然后记录一下,这样后面就可以检查一下了。

While you're listening, read the transcript but don't just read it in your head, read it out loud, practise your pronunciation, you can imitate or shadow the person who's speaking.

当你在听的时候,读一下字幕,但是不要只是在脑海中读,要大声读出来,练习你的发音,你可以模仿或者是跟着某个人读。

So you're copying their tone and their stress patterns.

这样的话你就可以复制他们的语调以及重音模式。

It's a brilliant way to develop your pronunciation skills and your listening skills.

这是提升发音技能和听力技能的很棒的方式。

All of these things are going to help you to improve your listening skills but they require extra work.

这些都能够帮助你提升听力技能,但是需要额外的努力。

It's not just listening to English but it's practising listening to English.

不只是听英语,而是练习听英语。

And they're two really different things.

它们是完全不同的两件事情。

Don't just hear.

不要只是听。

Instead, make sure you're listening.

相反的是,要保证你在认真地听。

You're thinking, you're comprehending.

你在思考,你在理解。

you're listening again to check.

你会再听一遍去检查一下。

You're writing it down, then you're listening again.

你会写下来,然后再听一遍。

Right?

对吗?

You get the idea.

大家看来懂了。

Alight a little pop quiz.

好的,给大家一个小测试。

I want to see if you've been really listening to what I've been talking about, how much of this video did you understand?

我想检查一下大家是不是真的在认真听我说了什么,你理解了视频的多少呢?

Were you actively listening or were you just staring out the window of the bus thinking about something else?

你是在积极地听还是盯着窗外的公交车开小差了呢?

To check if you are listening, I want you to answer this question in the comments below this video.

为了检查一下你们是不是在听,我想让大家在这个视频下面的评论区回答一下这个问题。

What can you do to increase the difficulty of the audio you're listening to?

你在听的时候能做什么来增加难度呢?

Can you remember what I said?

你能记住我说了什么吗?

Were you actually listening?

你真的在听吗?

Another question, what is connected speech?

另外一个问题,什么是连读呢?

And how can it help you to listen to native speakers?

这能够在多大程度上帮助你更好地听母语者讲话呢?

It's an important one.

这点非常重要。

If you can't remember, maybe you need to go back and watch this video again.

如果你没记住的话,你可能需要回去再看一遍视频。

Listen actively this time, alright?

这次要积极地听,好吗?

Or you can check the answers to these questions on the mmmEnglish blog because there's a full transcript of this lesson and every lesson that I make on the mmmEnglish blog.

或者是可以在美味英语的播客里面检查一下这些问题的答案,因为美味英语博客会有整节课程以及每节课程的完整字幕。

The link is in the description and up there.

链接就在描述区,就在那里。

If you haven't subscribed to the channel yet then please do that right here.

如果你还没订阅我的频道的话,那就快点订阅吧。

And if you're ready for a listening challenge with native English speakers then let's go check out this video right here.

如果你准备好和母语者进行听力挑战的话,那就看看这里的这个视频吧。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
technique [tek'ni:k]

想一想再看

n. 技术,技巧,技能

 
partner ['pɑ:tnə]

想一想再看

n. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人
v. 同 ... 合

联想记忆
blend [blend]

想一想再看

v. 混合
n. 混合物

 
brilliant ['briljənt]

想一想再看

adj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的
n. 宝石

联想记忆
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
confidence ['kɔnfidəns]

想一想再看

adj. 骗得信任的
n. 信任,信心,把握

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
exchange [iks'tʃeindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 交换,兑换,交易所
v. 交换,兑换,交

 
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。