手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

蜡笔原来也是可以回收的!

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi there! We were just about to head over to a nearby hill to draw some of the beautiful flowers that we can see from there.

嗨,大家好!我们正要去附近的一座小山,画画山上的美丽的花。

Squeaks went to grab his crayons, and he should be back any minute.

吱吱去拿他的蜡笔了,应该很快就会回来。

Oh, what's wrong, Squeaks?

哦,怎么了,吱吱?

Oh, I see.

哦,我知道了。

Squeaks is running a little low on his crayons.

吱吱的蜡笔快用完了。

We've been doing a lot of coloring lately, and it looks like all of his crayons are kind of worn down.

我们最近做了很多上色,他所有的蜡笔好像都有点磨损了。

It makes them a little hard to hold...and really hard to use!

这样的话蜡笔就不好握了……真的很不方便使用!

So, he thinks it might be time to toss them out. Hey, I have an idea!

所以吱吱觉得是时候把它们扔掉了。嘿,我有个主意!

Instead of throwing these old crayons away...why don't we recycle them?

如果要扔掉这些旧蜡笔的话,那我们为什么不回收呢?

Recycling means taking something we would normally toss into the trash and turning it into something new.

“回收”就是把我们通常会扔进垃圾桶的东西变成新的东西。

And it's a really simple way to help the Earth!

这是帮助地球的一个非常简单的方法!

Good question, Squeaks!

问得好,吱吱!

Recycling is a good way to help the Earth because of what happens to trash after it leaves our homes.

回收是一种帮助地球的好方法,因为垃圾在离开我们的家后所发生的的事情。

A lot of the stuff we throw into the garbage ends up in what's called a landfill.

我们扔进垃圾里的很多东西最后都进入了所谓的垃圾填埋场。

We use landfills to keep a community's garbage in one area.

我们用垃圾填埋场将一个社区的垃圾放在一个地方。

Yep, landfill is another word for a dump.

是的,垃圾填埋场是“垃圾场”的另一种说法。

Now, after a while, some of the trash that's in a landfill breaks down, which means it crumbles into smaller pieces and gets eaten by critters like worms that live in the dirt.

一段时间后,垃圾填埋场里的一些垃圾分解了,这意味着它会碎成更小的碎片,之后被生活在泥土里的蠕虫之类的生物吃掉。

Food scraps like apple cores usually break down in a few months, and just become part of the soil.

像苹果核这样的食物残渣通常在几个月内就会分解,成为土壤的一部分。

But plastic bags take a lot longer. It takes 10 to 20 years for them to break down.

然而塑料袋需要更长的时间,通常需要10到20年的时间才能分解。

Cups and other things made out of Styrofoam can take hundreds of years!

聚苯乙烯泡沫塑料制成的杯子和其他东西则要花上数百年的时间!

And some things...like glass… basically don't break down at all.

还有一些东西……比如玻璃……基本上不会碎。

They turn into smaller and smaller pieces, but they don't get eaten.

它们会变成越来越小的碎片,但不会被吃掉。

So they basically just stay there forever.

所以说白了它们会永远在那里。

And that means garbage piles keep getting bigger and bigger!

这意味着垃圾堆会越来越大!

0 (1).jpg

The problem is… there's only so much room in every landfill.

问题是,每个垃圾填埋场的空间都是有限的。

When one gets full, we need to make a new one.

一个满了,我们就得再做一个。

But when we make new landfills, we sometimes end up taking up space where animals and plants are already living.

但当我们建造新的垃圾填埋场时,我们有时会占用动物和植物已经生活的地方。

And that's not good for them! That's where recycling can help!

这对它们不好!这就是回收的作用所在了!

A lot of our trash — like paper, plastic, metal, and cans — can get turned into new things that people can use again.

我们的很多垃圾,比如纸、塑料、金属和罐头,都可以变成人们可以再次使用的新的东西。

That keeps them out of the landfill.

这样就不用把它们带到垃圾填埋场。

So when you put trash like this into a recycling bin… you're doing something simple to help the Earth.

所以,当你把这样的垃圾放进回收箱时,你就是在做一件帮助地球的简单的小事。

And I know a way we can recycle our leftover crayon pieces!

我知道一个回收蜡笔的方法!

Okay, Squeaks… we're going to keep our old crayons out of the landfill by turning them into new crayons!

吱吱,咱们可以把旧蜡笔变成新蜡笔,这样就不用把它们扔进垃圾填埋场了!

If you decide that you want to try this… you definitely want to get some help from a grownup.

如果你想尝试,一定要找一个成年人来帮助你。

You'll only need two things: your old crayons, and some kind of bakeable mold to shape the new crayons in.

你只需要两样东西:你的旧蜡笔,和某种可以烘烤的模具来造新的蜡笔。

Okay, the first thing we need to do is take off any paper that might be around the crayons.

好了,我们要做的第一件事就是把蜡笔周围的纸剥下来。

And now, we're ready to put them in our mold.

现在我们准备把它们放进模具里。

We need to make sure that the mold can take a little heat…

我们需要确保模具能够承受一点高温,

because we're going to put it in the oven set to a low temperature: like 80°C, or for our US oven, 170° Fahrenheit.

因为我们需要把它放到一个低温的烤箱里:比如80°C,或者美国的烤箱170华氏度。

Let's make some that are all one color… and some that are two colors.

咱们可以做一种颜色的,也可以把两种颜色放到一起。

And then we put them in in the oven!

然后把它们放进烤箱!

And now, we'll need to wait for 8 minutes or so.

现在,我们需要等8分钟左右。

While we wait...I have a question for you!

在我们等待的时候……我有一个问题要问你!

What do you think is going to happen when we heat the crayons?

你觉得蜡笔被加热会发生什么?

I'll give you a hint: what happens to ice when it gets warmer?

我给你个提示:天气变暖时冰会发生什么变化?

Right, it melts! And when it melts, it changes shape.

对,它会融化!当它融化时,形状就会发生改变。

It changes from a solid piece of ice that we can hold in our hand… ...into liquid water that's easier to hold in a cup.

它从我们可以拿在手里的固态冰... ...变成了更适合放在杯子里的液态水。

Both the ice in our hand and the water in the cup are made out of the same stuff—water—they just look different.

我们手里的冰和杯子里的水都是由同样的东西构成的——水——只是看起来不一样。

Well, wax, the stuff that makes up crayons, also melts when it gets too warm—which is why we put those crayon bits in a mold, which will act like a cup when they turn into a liquid.

嗯,蜡,制作蜡笔的材料在温度过高的时候也会融化,这就是我们把它们放在一个模具里的原因,当它们变成液体时就像杯子一样。

There is one big difference between ice and our crayons, though— it takes a lot more heat to melt wax than it does to melt ice!

不过,冰和蜡笔之间有一个很大的区别——融化蜡笔需要比融化冰多得多的热量!

Which is a good thing, otherwise crayons would melt in your hand!

这是件好事,不然蜡笔在你手里就融化了!

Oh look! It's time to check our crayons!

哦,到点了!是时候去看一下蜡笔了!

Ooh, check it out...they're all runny.

哦,看看……它们都是液态的。

They're still the same color they were when we put them in the mold...but they definitely look different than they did before we heated them.

它们的颜色还是之前的颜色……不过看上去和加热之前完全不同了。

Now, we'll let them cool...and see what happens.

现在让它们冷却……看看会发生什么。

Hmm… Let's guess what will happen while we wait for them to cool!

嗯,咱们来猜猜在它们在冷却的时候会发生什么!

What happens if we take water from melted ice and put it back in the freezer?

如果我们把冰融化的水取出来,然后再把它门放回冰箱会发生什么?

Yep! It turns back into ice. So do you think the same thing will happen with our crayons?

是的!又变成了冰。你觉得我们的蜡笔也会这样吗?

I think so, too. But let's see!

我也这么认为,不过,咱们等着瞧吧!

Look, once the wax got cool, it got hard again.

看,蜡冷却后又变硬了。

They feel just like our old ones! And let's see…

就像它们之前的状态那样。咱们看看……

Yep, it works just like our old ones, too. We successfully recycled them!

没错,和之前一样。我们成功将它们回收了!

And not only did we keep some possible trash out of the landfill… we also learned some cool science!

我们不仅避免了一些可能的垃圾进入垃圾填埋场,还学到了一些很酷的科学知识!

Come on, Squeaks, let's get coloring!

来吧,吱吱,我们来上色吧!

Thanks for joining us! If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks, me, and all our other friends, be sure to hit the subscribe button, and we'll see you next time here at the fort!

感谢您的收看!如果你想继续学习,和吱吱、我以及我们所有的朋友一起玩儿,那么一定要点击订阅按钮,咱们下次城堡见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
toss [tɔs]

想一想再看

n. 投掷,震荡
v. 投掷,摇荡,辗转

联想记忆
hint [hint]

想一想再看

n. 暗示
v. 暗示,示意

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
temperature ['tempritʃə(r)]

想一想再看

n. 温度,气温,体温,发烧

 
recycle [ri:'saikl]

想一想再看

vt. 使再循环,再利用,再制
vi. 循环<

联想记忆
melted [meltid]

想一想再看

adj. 融化的;溶解的 v. 融化;溶解(melt的过

 
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
wax [wæks]

想一想再看

n. 蜡,蜂蜡
vt. (用蜡)涂

 
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。