手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

如何利用绿色氢能结束化石燃料时代(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

We're going on a field trip together.

让我们一起踏上旅程。

We're going back to middle school, to chemistry class.

回到中学时代,上一堂化学课。

Do you remember this?

你还记得这个吗?

It was an experiment we did with salt water, a battery and two pencils.

这是用盐水、一块电池和两支铅笔做的实验。

Guess what?

你猜怎么着?

The reaction you witnessed then is a key to tackling climate change.

你当时看到的化学反应是应对气候变化的关键。

Yes, at 14 years old, we already knew.

是的,在14岁的时候,我们就已经知道这个知识了。

And today, we have the means to replace fossil fuels with green hydrogen.

现在,我们有了用绿色氢能代替化石燃料的办法。

Let's walk through this.

让我来解释一下。

The experiment I'm alluding to is called water electrolysis.

我刚刚提到的实验叫做水电解实验。

And it is a way to create hydrogen.

这是一种制造氢气的方法。

On Earth, hydrogen is found in the greatest quantities in water: H2O.

在地球上,氢含量最多的地方,是水:H2O。

And when you use renewable electricity to split water into H and O, that's green hydrogen.

当你使用可再生电力将水分解成氢和氧时,得到的就是绿色氢。

And the device creating this reaction is called an electrolyzer.

用于产生这种化学反应的装置叫做“电解槽”。

There are other colors of hydrogen out there, but they use fossil fuels.

还有其他“颜色”的氢存在,但它们都是用化石燃料生成的。

So we're not going to talk about those today, they'll only make climate change worse.

因此,我们今天不会讨论那些,它们只会让气候变化更加严重。

We are talking about green hydrogen, which is 100 percent clean.

我们今天要谈论的是零污染的绿色氢。

And the quickest path to scaling green hydrogen is by mass producing electrolyzers.

而获得绿色氢的最快途径是批量生产电解槽。

But first, why do we need green hydrogen?

但首先,我们为什么需要绿色氢?

When we look at our global energy consumption today, only 20 percent comes in the form of electricity or electrons.

如果看看我们如今的全球能源消耗,只有20%是电力或以电子为载体。

This means the remaining 80 percent of our world's energy use is in the forms of molecules.

这意味着世界上其余80%的能源消耗是以分子为载体的。

And while the world is making rapid progress in greening our electricity, we need to look towards our molecules as well.

当世界正在迅速推进绿色电力的同时,我们也得看看分子能源。

Think about your industry, transport, heating and cooling sectors.

想想工业、运输业、供暖和制冷业。

They're all powered by molecules.

这些靠的都是分子能源。

And yes, this means largely by fossil fuels: coal, oil and gas.

是的,也就是主要靠化石燃料:煤炭、石油和天然气。

We won't be able to electrify all of our sectors.

我们无法让所有行业电气化。

And here's why.

我来告诉你为什么。

Let's start with an example from the industrial sector.

让我们先举一个工业部门的例子。

Molecules create the reaction, not electrons.

产生能量反应的是分子,而不是电子。

To make steel the old way we first mine iron ore, then burn coal to remove the oxygen from the iron mix.

用传统的方法炼钢,我们需要首先开采铁矿石,然后烧煤以除去铁混合物中的氧气。

Seven to nine percent of our world's CO2 emissions come from this process.

世界上7%到9%的二氧化碳排放来自这一过程。

It's the coal that provides the molecule, creating the reaction to get rid of the oxygen.

煤提供的分子能够生成分解氧气的反应。

Electrons can't do that.

电子做不到这一点。

But what they can do is power the device that creates green hydrogen.

但电子能为产生绿色氢的装置提供电力。

And this clean molecule will create the reaction, attract the oxygen and emit only water in the process.

这种清洁的氢分子会发生化学反应,吸引走氧气,全程只排放出水。

So by changing the process, we can eliminate up to 95 percent of our CO2 emissions.

因此,通过改变生产工艺,我们可以减少高达95%的二氧化碳排放。

And today, major European steel manufacturers are already building green hydrogen-based steel production processes.

如今,欧洲主要的钢铁制造商已经在建立以绿色氢为主的钢铁生产流程。

That's just one of the countless industrial processes, small and big, that need a molecule.

这只是无数需要分子的大大小小的工业过程中的一种。

Another example, let's say, that we can't use electricity for everything - everything is weight.

另一个例子是,不是所有东西都能用电供能——我们需要考虑重量。

Take the aviation sector.

以航空业为例。

An 80-passenger aircraft flying on batteries.

如果一架可以载客80人的飞机靠电池飞行。

Kind of impossible.

这不太可能。

One would need more batteries just to fly the battery.

要让电池本身飞起来我们就需要更多电池。

Hydrogen planes, though, they're taking off emission-free.

然而,氢能飞机可以零碳排放飞行。

This is a 20-seater aircraft, and its commercial flights are scheduled two years from now.

这是一架载客二十人的飞机,预计两年后就能投入民航使用。

And by 2026, we'll be welcoming the 80-seater.

到2026年,我们能见到载客 80 人的氢能飞机。

And these are just two examples of how we can end our reliance on fossil fuels.

这些只是我们结束对化石燃料依赖的两个例子。

The world is turning to green hydrogen because it is effectively coupling those hard-to-decarbonize sectors with green electricity.

全世界都在开始使用绿色氢能,因为它有效地将那些难以脱碳的行业与绿色电力结合在一起。

An electrolyzer connected to solar and wind power generation is transforming green electrons into green molecules.

一个由太阳能和风力供能的电解槽能够将绿色电子转化为绿色分子。

Green hydrogen is transforming our renewable electricity into an energy carrier that is extremely versatile.

绿色氢能正在将可再生电力转变为一种用途极其广泛的能源载体。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
aircraft ['ɛəkrɑ:ft]

想一想再看

n. 飞机

 
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆
reliance [ri'laiəns]

想一想再看

n. 信赖,所信赖的人或物

联想记忆
transport [træns'pɔ:t]

想一想再看

n. 运输、运输工具;(常用复数)强烈的情绪(狂喜或狂怒

联想记忆
global ['gləubəl]

想一想再看

adj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的

联想记忆
molecule ['mɔlikju:l]

想一想再看

n. 分子

 
ore [ɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 矿,矿石

 
versatile ['və:sətail]

想一想再看

adj. 多才多艺的,多方面的,通用的

联想记忆
commercial [kə'mə:ʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 商业的
n. 商业广告

联想记忆
effectively [i'fektivli]

想一想再看

adv. 事实上,有效地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。