手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

用我们的感官探索海洋(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, Squeaks! Welcome back from your big vacation to California.

嗨,吱吱!欢迎你从加州度假归来。

Did you have fun?

玩得高兴吗?

That's awesome!

太棒了!

What was your favorite part?

你最喜欢的部分是什么?

You really loved exploring the beach.

你真的很喜欢探索海滩。

Well, that would explain why you're still wearing that snorkel and towel.

这就解释了为什么你还戴着那条通气管和毛巾。

I'd love to hear more about your trip.

我很想知道更多关于你旅行的事。

Did you take any pictures?

你拍了照片吗?

Maybe you could share them with us, so we could see what you got to experience.

也许你可以和我们分享照片,这样我们就可以看看你会体验到什么。

Wow, that's a beautiful picture of the beach.

哇,那是一张美丽的海滩照片。

Tell me about what it felt like when you first got there.

告诉我你第一次到那里是什么感觉。

Oh, wow, it sounds like you used a lot of your senses all at once.

哦,哇,听起来你一下子用了很多感官。

So you heard the ocean waves crashing on the beach and you smelled the sea air.

所以你听到海浪拍打着海滩,你闻到了海里的空气。

Isn't it amazing how loud the waves are?

海浪的声音那么大,不是很令人惊讶吗?

You can even hear them before you see them sometimes.

有时你甚至在看到海浪之前就听到了它们的声音。

All of that water is so powerful and there's nothing quite like the smell of the ocean.

所有的海水都是如此强大,没有什么能比得上海洋的气味。

What else did you do?

你还做了什么?

Oh, you felt the sand under your wheels as you were rolling along the beach?

哦,当你沿着海滩滚动前行时,你感觉到轮子下的沙子了吗?

And it felt really soft.

感觉真的很柔软。

You know the sand you saw at the beach comes from a lot of different places.

你知道你在海滩上看到的沙子来自很多不同的地方。

And did you know that some of it comes from rocks being broken down into tiny pieces?

你知道吗,其中一些来自于岩石被分解成小块?

You're right, Squeaks.

你说得对,吱吱。

Soft isn't the first word I think of when I think about rocks either.

当我想到岩石时,柔软也不是我想到的第一个词。

But a lot of sand is made of rock.

很多沙子是由岩石组成的。

Those crashing waves you heard when you first got to the beach break down rocks on the shore into smaller and smaller pieces.

当你第一次到达海滩时,你听到的那些轰隆隆的巨浪将海岸上的岩石分解成越来越小的碎片。

So waves make those pieces of rock smoother, too.

因此,海浪也会让这些岩石变得更光滑。

And since the sand doesn't have sharp edges it feels soft.

由于沙子没有锋利的边缘,所以它摸起来很软。

In fact, if you scoop up a handful of sand and look closely, you'll notice there are still some slightly bigger Rock pieces in there.

事实上,如果你捞起一把沙子仔细看,你会注意到里面仍然有一些略大的岩石碎片。

And what else do you see in that handful of sand?

在那一把沙子里你还看到了什么?

That's right! There are bits of shells in there, too.

没错! 里面也有一些贝壳的碎片。

Those come from creatures that live in the ocean like clams and snails.

它们来自生活在海洋中的生物,如文蛤和蜗牛。

The water helps break those shells into smaller and smaller pieces, too.

水也有助于将这些贝壳分解成越来越小的碎片。

Ah, Squeak says he's been to other beaches that don't have soft sand.

啊,吱吱说他去过其他没有松软沙子的海滩。

And you're right. There are a lot of different kinds of beaches.

你说得对。有很多不同类型的海滩。

Some beaches don't have sand at all.

有些海滩根本没有沙子。

Instead, they might have big rocks to climb on or they might just be made of pebbles.

相反,海滩可能有可以攀登的大岩石,或者可能只是由鹅卵石形成。

But the beach you went to had soft sand.

但是你去的海滩有松软的沙子。

Did you build a sand castle on the beach?

你在海滩上建了一座沙堡吗?

That's great! Sand castles are my favorite thing to build at the beach.

太好了!沙堡是我最喜欢在海滩上建造的东西。

What a great castle, Squeaks!

多好的沙堡啊,吱吱!

You did a really nice job with all that soft sand.

你把松软的沙子处理得很好。

Oh, but the ocean waves eventually knocked it down.

哦,但海浪最终把沙堡掀翻了。

That's happened to me at the ocean before, too.

我以前在海边也遇到过这种情况。

Sometimes a wave is so big that the water makes its way further up onto the sand than you think it will.

有时海浪太大了,水会比你想象的更深入到沙滩上。

And knocks down all of your hard work.

把你所有的努力都掀翻了。

But then you get to build a new castle so that's pretty fun, right?

不过,你可以建造一座新沙堡,这很有趣,对吧?

Well, besides it knocking down your castle, what did you think of the ocean water once you got to swim in it?

嗯,除了它会摧毁你的沙堡,当你在海水里游泳时,你觉得海水怎么样?

It's a little bit different than water you might find in a lake or in the bathtub, right?

它和你在湖里或浴缸里看到的水有点不同,对吧?

You're right.

对。

The ocean can be very cold, not only is it cold, the water is very salty, too.

海水很冷,不仅很冷,水也很咸。

That's why you can't drink ocean water.

这就是为什么你不能喝海水。

It's too salty for our bodies.

海水对我们的身体来说太咸了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 
scoop [sku:p]

想一想再看

n. 铲子,舀取,独家新闻,一勺,穴
vt.

联想记忆
salty ['sɔ:lti]

想一想再看

adj. 咸的

联想记忆
castle ['kɑ:sl]

想一想再看

n. 城堡
v. 置于城堡中,(棋)移动王车易

 
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。