Dialogue 4
Would you please weigh this letter to see what the postage is?
麻烦您称一下这封信,看看需要多少邮资,好吗?
Do you want to send it by or registered mail?
您是要寄普通还是挂号信?
By ordinary air mail,please.
请给我寄普通航空信。
Anything of value in it?
里面有什么值钱的东西吗?
A postal order for four hundred dollars.
一张400美元的邮政汇票。
In that case,you'd better have it registered.
既然那样,您最好寄挂号信。
Will I be informed when my friend gets the letter?
当我的朋友收到这封信时,我会被通知吗?
Yes,when your friend gets it,
是的,当您的朋友收到信后,
he'll sign a receipt,which will be sent to you by mail.
他将签一张收据,这张收据会寄给您,
Then you can be sure it's been received.
您就可以确定他收到了。
All right,I'll have it registered,then.
好,那我就寄挂号信。