手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 双语阅读 > 故事小说 > 中国寓言故事双语版 > 正文

中国寓言故事双语版 第74期:自知之明

来源:可可英语 编辑:wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

自知之明.jpg

In ancient times a man named Zou Ji, 8 chi tall and impressive looking, had served as the prime minister of the State of Qi.

古代齐国有个人名叫邹忌,身高八尺,相貌堂堂,曾经做过齐国的相国。

One morning, he tidied his clothes and hat, looked into the mirror, and asked his wife:

一天早晨,他整整衣服帽子,照照镜子,问妻子:

"Look, who is more handsome, Xu Gong living in the north of the city or I?"

“你看,我跟住在城北的徐公比,谁长得漂亮?”

His wife replied: "You are far more handsome. Xu Gong is no match for you!"

妻子回答说: “你漂亮多了。徐公哪里比得上你呢!

Xu Gong of the north of the city was a well-known handsome man in the State of Qi.

城北的徐公,是齐国有名的美男子。

Zou Ji really didn't believe he was more handsome than Xu Gong. So he asked his concubine:

邹忌真的不相信自己比徐公长得漂亮。于是,又问他的妾说:

"Look, who is more handsome, Xu Gong or I?"

“你看,我同徐公比,哪个漂亮些?”

His concubine also said: "Xu Gong is no match for you!"

妾也说: “徐公怎么比得上你漂亮呢?”

The next day, a guest came to discuss some matter with him.

第二天,有个客人来找他,跟他商谈一件事情。

Zou Ji asked his guest the same question: "Who is more handsome, Xu Gong or I?"

邹忌又问客人说: “我与徐公谁长得美呢?”

The guest answered positively: "Xu Gong is not as handsome as you."

客人肯定地回答说: “徐公不如你美。”

Another day passed and Zou Ji met Xu Gong in person.

又过了一天,邹忌见到了徐公。

He stared closely at the other for some time and carefully compared him with himself.

他紧紧地盯着他看了一阵,又把自己和他仔细地比较了一番。

He really couldn't see that he was more handsome than Xu Gong.

实在看不出自己比徐公漂亮。

Later, he again looked into the mirror.

后来,再去照照镜子。

The more he looked at himself, the more he felt he was not as handsome as Xu Gong.

越看越觉得自己不及徐公。

Zou Ji was rather restless in his mind.

邹忌心里很不平静。

At night, lying on the bed, he pondered: He was not as handsome as Xu Gong, but why did these three persons say he was more handsome?

晚上,他躺在床上,想来想去,自己本来不及徐公,为什么这三个人都说自己美呢?

In the end, he came to understand the reason: "My wife says I am handsome because she shows favouritism to me.

最后,他终于明白了:“妻子说我漂亮,是因为偏爱我。

My concubine says I am handsome because she is afraid of me.

妾说我漂亮,是因为怕我。

My guest says I am handsome because he wants to curry my favour."

客人说我漂亮,是因为有意讨好我。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
prime [praim]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,首要的,最好的,典型的
n.

联想记忆
gong [gɔŋ]

想一想再看

n. 锣 n. 奖章

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
impressive [im'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 给人深刻印象的

联想记忆


关键字:

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。