Miss Watson: You okay? Greenwich Village? 你还好吗? 格林威治?
Betty: Yeah. For a while. Then, who knows? Maybe law school. Yale, even. 是的,住段时间。接着,谁知道呢?也许上法学院,甚至,耶鲁。
Miss Watson: Well...I wouldn't want to come up against you in any court anywhere. 呃……我可不想在任何时候任何地方的法院遇到你。
Betty: Maybe I can drop by next year? Keep you on your toes. You will be here? Miss Watson? 我可以明年来拜访你吗? 随时准备好吧。你还会在这儿吗? 沃森小姐?
Miss Watson: Dear Betty: I came to Wellesley because I wanted to make a difference.
But to change for others is to lie to yourself. 亲爱的贝蒂:我来韦尔斯利学院是因为我想做出点改变。但是为了别人而改变对自己是不诚实的。
Betty: My teacher...Katherine Watson, lived by her own definition and would not compromise that. Not even for Wellesley. 我的老师,凯瑟琳 沃森,特立独行,永不妥协,即使是为了韦尔斯利学院。
I dedicate this, my last editorial to an extraordinary woman who lived by example and compelled us all to see the world through new eyes. 我把这最后一篇社论献给这位卓越的女性。她为我们树立了榜样,促使我们用全新的视角看待世界。
By the time you read this, she'll be sailing to Europe where I know she'll find new walls to break down and new ideas to replace them with. 你读到这篇文章的时候, 她已经起航去欧洲了。.在那里,她会发现新的藩篱等待她去打破;新的思想等待她去发扬。
(Hold it, everybody.准备好了。)
I've heard her called a quitter for leaving an aimless wanderer. 我听说她把没有目的的漫游者称作懦夫。
But not all who wander are aimless. 但不是所有漫游者都是没有目的的。
Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition...beyond definition......beyond the image.
特别是那些超越传统,追求真理的人…….难以界定……难以描述。
(Get the hell out of the way! 走开!)
I'll never forget you. 我永远不会忘记你。
n. 定义,阐释,清晰度