Charlie: Excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt, but are you the Secretaries of Juliet? 您好,抱歉打扰了。你们是茱丽叶的秘书吗?
(Yes, that's us.)
Charlie: Great. May I ask, which one of you wrote this letter to my grandmother, Claire Smith? 很好。我想问问是你们谁给我奶奶Claire Smith写了信?
Sophie: I wrote that. And I can't believe that it found you. 是我写的。简直不敢相信它寄到了。
Charlie: Yes. We Brits tend to stay in our family homes. 是的,我们英国人总是呆在祖籍。
Sophie: Yeah. This is amazing. It's less than a week since I mailed it. 是的,真惊人!我寄出去还不到一个礼拜。
Charlie: It was a very thoughtful letter. Now, what were you thinking? 这是一封非常体贴的信。你怎么想的?
Sophie: I was thinking that she deserved an answer. 我当时想她需要一个回复。
Charlie: Yeah, 50 years ago, maybe. Not now. 50年前也许是的。但现在不需要了。
Sophie: I'm sorry. I didn't know true love had an expiration date. 抱歉,我不知道真爱还有期限。
真爱?你在开玩笑?你能想象如果她一直没看到这个会发生什么吗?
Charlie: True love? Are you joking? Could you imagine what would've happened if she hadn't seen sense?Sophie: Well, yeah, you wouldn't be here, and that would be an upside. 那么至少有一点好处,你不会出现在这里。
Charlie: What are you doing here anyway? What, are you some lonely American girl who has to live vicariously through others? 总之你在这儿干嘛?孤独寂寞的美国女孩,靠别人的感情存活吗?
Sophie: I'm not lonely. I am engaged. 我才不孤单,我已经订婚了。
Charlie: My condolences to the groom. 我向新郎表示哀悼。
Sophie: Excuse me! So that's it? You've come all the way from London to give me a lecture? 什么意思?你大老远从伦敦跑来就是为了教训我?
Charlie: No, I came because I couldn't let my grandmother come on her own. 不。只是因为不能让我奶奶一个人来。
Sophie: Claire is here? Why? Claire来了?为什么?
Charlie: I think even you might be able to work that one out.我想就连你也能想得明白吧?
Sophie: Oh, my God! That's awesome! She's come to find her Lorenzo! 噢,上帝啊!不得了了!她来找她的Lorenzo了!
Charlie: Awesome? And if Lorenzo doesn't want to see her, has forgotten her, is gravely ill or dead, let's say, just for fun, then what? Thought so. 不得了了?那如果Lorenzo不想见她,或者已经忘了她,得了重病或者去世了,我姑妄说之,到时候怎么办?想想吧。
Sophie: I want to meet her. I'd like to meet Claire. 我想见她,我想见Claire。
Charlie: And I want to play for Manchester United, but I'm shit at football. 我还想效力曼联呢,但我球可踢得一塌糊涂。
Sophie: You don't think that she wants to meet me? 你觉得她不想见我?
Charlie: I honestly think she has no interest meeting a woman that can manage to jam "Oh, my God" and "awesome" into the same sentence. 我实在不认为她会有兴趣见一个能把"噢 上帝啊"和"不得了了"揉在一个句子里的女人。