Sophie: Of course!
Charlie: A balcony. 阳台?
Sophie: Well.
Charlie: What are you doing up there? 你在上面干什么?
Sophie: I'm gonna go. 我要走了。
Charlie: Why? 为什么?
Sophie: Because this is really painful. I should have realized sooner, but I didn't, or I guess maybe I couldn't, but Victor and I aren't together anymore. And I guess I came back hoping that... 因为这实在太痛苦了。我应该早点意识到,可我却没有。或许我是没办法。可Victor和我分手了。我想我回来,是希望……
Charlie: Wait, wait. You're not engaged? 等等,等等,你们取消婚约了?
Sophie: No. But it's too late. It's clearly too late. And it really doesn't matter anymore because, honestly, I love you. I can't believe I just said that. But I do, I love you. It doesn't...I mean, it shouldn't matter to you, because you're here with Patricia. 是的。可一切都太迟了。很显然,太迟了。这不重要了,因为老实说,我爱你。我不敢相信我这么说了,可是真的,我爱你。这不重要,这对你无关紧要,因为你和Patricia一起了。
Charlie: Patricia?
Sophie: And you should be back with her right now. 现在你应该回去她的身边。
Charlie: Patricia is my cousin. She's my cousin. Patricia是我的表妹,她是我的表妹。
Sophie: How is that legal? 这不合法啊?
Charlie: No...Sophie... No. No, no, no. Let me explain! Sophie, I'm so stupid. There's two Patricias. There's my cousin, who's here, and the one that I've completely forgotten about. More importantly, there's only one Sophie. Now, would you please come down? 不是啊,Sophie,不是的。不是不是,听我解释!Sophie,我太蠢了。有两个Patricia,在这里的这个是我的表妹,另一个我早就忘的干干净净了。更重要的是,只有一个Sophie。现在,你可以下来吗?
Sophie: Wait, Charlie. Charlie, stop. What are you doing? Charlie, what are you doing? 等等!Charlie,停下!你在干什么?Charlie,你要干嘛?
Charlie: Listen to me. Listen to me very, very carefully. I live in London, a gorgeous, vibrant,
historic city that I happen to love living in. You live in New York, which is highly overrated. 听我说,认认真真的听我说。我住在伦敦,一座我深爱着的,美丽动人、动感十足、历史悠久的城市。你住在纽约,人们对它评价往往过高……
Sophie: Pardon me? 你说什么?
Charlie: But since the Atlantic Ocean is a bit wide to cross every day, swimming, boating or flying, I suggest we flip for it. 但每天穿越大西洋实在太辛苦了。游泳、乘船或飞机。我们投硬币决定吧。
Sophie: What are you saying? 你在说什么?
Charlie: And if those terms are unacceptable, leaving London will be a pleasure, as long as you're waiting for me on the other side. Cause the truth is, Sophie, I am madly, deeply, truly, passionately in love with you. 如果你没法接受这些条件,那我会高高兴兴的离开伦敦。只要你在地球的另一端等着我。因为说真的,Sophie,我爱你爱得如痴如醉,情深似海,真心诚意 热血沸腾。
Sophie: You are? 真的?
Charlie: I am. 真的。
Sophie: Are you gonna kiss me? 你要吻我吗?
Charlie: Yeah. 要的。