1. turn round: 掉头
The trouble is, the beggars scatter as soon as you turn round with the hat.
问题是,你一转身拿出帽子,那些混蛋马上就散开了。
A few moments later, the instinct of which we have spoken above made him turn round.
不大一会儿,出自我们上面所说的那种本能,他又转身折回来。
2. bend down: 倔身(弯腰)
Also, one of the workers said that he constantly wanted to drop something on the floor so he could bend down to pick it up while working.
有一个工人说,他经常故意把东西掉在地上,以便捡东西的时候可以休息一下。
On the sole condition that it shall bend down to the people.
唯一的条件是向人民低下头来。
3. on the side: 作为兼职
In general, freelancing on the side while working a full-time job will allow you to get a taste for what full-time freelancing will be like, but with very little risk.
总的来说,在有一份全职工作的同时,一边兼职自由职业的工作,能使你在很小的风险下尝尝作为一名自由职业全职者是怎样的滋味。
4. come up: 出现
They come up with me, my clients, and my friends frequently.
他们经常过来找我,我的客户以及我的朋友。
5. settle down : 安心,专心
Don't you want to settle down?
你难道不想生活安定下来吗?
6. pass around: 分发, 传送
We will see later how to pass around more complex variables like arrays and structures.
稍后我们将看到如何传送更复杂的变量,如数组和结构。
The men stretch out on quilts and pass around cigarettes and small glasses of hot sugared tea.
人们在棉被上舒展身体,挨个儿分发香烟和小杯加了蜜的热茶。