1. end up
(1) 最后来到
eg. She fled with her children, moving from neighbour to neighbour and ending up in a friend's basement.
她和她的孩子们逃走了,从一家邻居转到另一家,最终来到一个朋友家的地下室。
(2) 到头来
eg. If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want.
如果你不知道自己想要什么,你可能会到头来得到自己不想要的东西。
eg. Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood.
每次他们去跳舞,到头来总是扫兴而归。
2. what if: 如果……将会怎么样
eg. What if I have no debts?
如果我没债务怎么办?
eg. What if this is all there is to our life?
如果这一切就是我们的生活,怎么办?
3. help out: 帮助解决难题
eg. I help out with the secretarial work.
我帮助做秘书工作。
eg. All these presents came to more money than I had, and my mother had to help me out.
所有这些礼物的价钱超过了我所带的钱,母亲只好把钱借给我。
4. go off
(1) (炸弹) 爆炸;(枪) 开击
eg. A few minutes later the bomb went off, destroying the vehicle.
几分钟后炸弹爆炸了,摧毁了那辆车。
(2) (警报器) 突发巨响
eg. Then the fire alarm went off. I just grabbed my clothes and ran out.
之后火警响了,我只抓起衣服就跑了出去。
(3) (电气设备) 停止运作
eg. As the water came in the windows, all the lights went off.
随着水从窗户涌进来,所有的灯都灭了。
5. Supposably: supposedly是supposably的标准形式,supposably的意思仅仅局限在"能够被假定地",另外这个词只在美国被使用。如果你不想和别人争论而陷入麻烦的话,你就可以坚持说supposedly(按照推测地)。joey显然不懂这个词的意思,所以造了个那样的句子。