At fourteen minutes to seven I heard him.
到六点四十六分他来了。
I opened the door quickly, and he jumped a bit when he saw me.
我急忙把门打开,他看到我吓了一跳。
'Come in a moment, 'I said, and we went back into the hall. '
"请进来一下,"我说,我们回到大厅。
I can see you're a man who likes a bit of fun. Can you help me?
"我看得出来您是个喜欢开点玩笑的人。您能帮我个忙吗?
Lend me your hat and coat for a minute and you can have this. '
请把您的帽子和外衣借我一下,您可以穿我的。"
He looked at the money in my hand and smiled. 'What do you want my clothes for? 'he asked.
他看着我手里的钱,笑了。"您借我的衣服干什么?"他问道。
'It's a game, 'I said. 'I haven't time to explain now,
"玩个游戏,"我回答,"现在没时间解释,
but to win I've got to be a milkman for ten minutes.
要赢我就非扮十分钟的送奶员不可。
You'll be a bit late, but you'll get the money for your time. '
您会误点时间,这点钱给您作补偿吧。"
'All right!'he said. 'I like a game myself. Here you are. '
"好吧,"他说,"我自己也喜欢玩游戏。给您衣服。"