手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 织工马南(第4级) > 正文

织工马南 第42期:戈弗雷有麻烦了(5)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

'the Squire's face was red, and he banged angrily on the table as he spoke.

乡绅涨红了脸,生气地拍着桌子说。
'It's worse than breaking a leg, 'continued Godfrey miserably.
"比腿断了更糟,"戈弗雷接着沮丧地说,
'Wildfire's dead. But I don't want you to buy me another horse.
"野火死了。不过我并不想让您给我买新马,
I just feel sorry I can't pay you-you see, sir, the truth is, I'm very sorry, Fowler did pay the money.
我只是为不能还上您的钱而难过--您看,很抱歉,实际上福勒先生已经还了钱,
He gave it to me, and I was stupid enough to let Dunstan have it.
他还给了我,而我太傻了,竟然把钱交给了邓斯坦,
And he was going to sell Wildfire and then I was going to repay you the money. '
我必须再还给您,所以邓斯坦就去卖野火。"
The Squire's face was purple now, and for a moment he could not speak.
乡绅的脸已经变成了紫色,气得一时说不上话来。
'You-you let Dunstan have my money? Why did you give it to him?
"你--你把我的钱给了邓斯坦?为什么给他?
And why did he want it? Where's Dunstan now?
他为什么要钱?邓斯坦现在在哪儿?
He'll answer my questions, or leave this house! Go and fetch him at once! '
他必须回答我的问题,否则就滚出这幢房子!马上去给我找他!"
'Dunstan hasn't come home, sir.
"邓斯坦还没回家来,先生,
The horse was found dead, and nobody knows where Dunstan is.
马被找到时已经死了,没人知道邓斯坦在哪儿。"


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。