手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 囧司徒每日秀视频 > 正文

飓风桑迪受灾民众 如何解决住房问题

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Welcome back to the show. Say what you want about New Yorkers.

欢迎回来。你们想让纽约人怎样。
Time to crisis though we're at our best.
在危机面前,我们勇往直前。
After the crisis, yeah, another story. Jordan Klepper explains.
危机之后又是另一种场面。请听乔丹·克莱伯的报道。
The winter of 2015 has wreaked havoc all over the northeast,
2015年冬,大雪席卷整个东北地区,
and some New Yorkers have seen their homes destroyed by the recent blizzard.
近日,许多纽约住房遭特大暴风雪摧毁。
Staten islanders Imman Yusuf.
请听史泰登岛民伊曼·尤瑟夫的讲话。
It was not blizzard. Right. An ice storm.
这不是暴风雪。不是,这是冰暴。
It was not an ice storm.
这不是冰暴。
Frozen hail?
特大冰雹?
That's not it, either.
不是特大冰雹。

飓风桑迪受灾民众:如何解决住房问题

It was from Hurricane Sandy.

是飓风“桑迪”。
What, that was like two years ago.
什么,那是两年前发生的。
Exactly, two years ago, we're still in a tent. What?
正是两年前发生的,我们还住在帐篷里。什么?
We had a concert to help.
我们还举办了音乐会来筹款。
We had Mick Jagger there and "The Boss" was there,
米克·贾格尔和布鲁斯·史普林斯汀都来到了现场,
and then we had another concert and there were commercials and this guy is still in a tent?
此外,我们还举办了另一场音乐会,我们还有广告,而这个人依然住在帐篷里?
So this is where your house used to be. Correct.
这里曾经是你的家,对吗?对的。
This used to be your living room? Yes.
这曾经是你的卧室吗?对的。
And he's not alone. There are thousands of people still without homes.
但这样的情况不止他一人。目前,仍有数千人居无定所。
Nobody's home, me included.
我们都没有家,我也没有。
It's been almost two and a half years already. It should have been rebuilt.
现在已经两年半了。房屋本来应该重建的。
You know, we're from New York. How could this possibly take this long?
我们来自纽约,怎么能够拖这么长时间?
Okay, wait, more than $648 million was set aside for an organization called Build it Back
等一下,政府准备了6.48亿美元来成立一个名为“重建”的组织,
which was created solely to, it's in the name, build people's houses back.
就像其名称所指,它的唯一目的就是重建家园。
What happened to those guys?
那么这些人呢,他们是怎么回事?
Build it Back really sucks.
“重建”组织有名无实。
Build it Back, they build nothing.
“重建”组织什么都没做。
They lose paperwork. It's just been, no answers, and no progress.
全是纸上谈兵。没有答案,没有进程。
We have no homes but we pay taxes on those homes. That's right. What?
我们没家,但是我们还要交税。对的。什么?
I'm still paying flood insurance.
我还在支付防洪保险。
They didn't finish paying me, but I am still paying them.
他们还没偿还完我们,而我们还要一直给他们交钱。
We need two floors and they only want to finish one.
我们需要两层楼,但他们只想盖一层。
And all we want is what we had before.
我们要恢复之前的模样。
Simple kitchen, simple living room and a bathroom. Woah, woah, woah. What else?
简单的厨房,卧室和卫生间。恩恩,还有什么?
Doors would be nice. Plural?
门需要质量好,两个门?
Yeah, doors on the bedrooms, maybe a front door.
对的,卧室的门,还有前门。
You see how this could take a while.
你知道这需要时间。
If I do the math here, this is a 17-year project.
我现在算一下,这需要17年的时间完成。
It's because building in New York city is complicated.
因为在纽约城建房可不是一件容易的事。
Just ask architect Enrique Norton.
我们询问了建筑师恩里克·诺顿。
New York is a very complex city.
纽约是一座复杂的城市。
But obviously, you know, a lot of things get built here and a lot of very good things get built here.
显然在纽约,我们建造了许多建筑,许多非常华丽的建筑。
For example, we recently completed the Mercedes house.
例如,我们最近建造了奔驰大厦。
Now how long did this take to complete?
建造它需要多长时间?
This took to complete approximately three years.
大约三年。
Or just a little bit more time than the sandy victims are waiting for their homes.
这比“桑迪”受灾群众的等待时间稍微长了一点。
But we're talking about 1.2 million square feet.
但是,我们说的是1200万平方米。
That's not 1.2 million square feet. That's like...
这不是1200万平方米,这是。
No, this is only a model. We're talking about the building.
这仅仅是一个模型。我们说的是这个建筑。
The actual building. This?
真正的建筑,是这个吗?
Yeah, we did this building.
是的,就是这个。
You built this in three years, and nothing, nothing is going on in Staten island.
你用了三年的时间建造它,史泰登岛是怎么回事?
Unbelievable. Unreal.
不可想象,这不是真的。
So what exactly is the problem here?
那么问题到底出在哪?
Bureaucracy is to blame for not rebuilding homes.
官僚主义是主要原因。
Nothing good ever happened without bureaucracy.
没有官僚主义也是不行的。
You know what I say to that, right? What?
你知道我想说什么吗?什么?
Let's go out in the backyard, and we'll talk about bureaucracy, and we'll see what comes out of it.
我们去后院聊聊官僚主义,看看能聊出个什么所以然。
Wait, what's going to happen in the backyard?
为什么去后院?
We're going to kick the...out of you?
我们要揍你一顿。
What, I thought we were just going to talk about bureaucracy and sign some papers.
我以为我们讨论的是官僚主义,然后会签署几个文件。
Okay understandably, things were getting tense
这情有可原,事情变得越来越紧张了,
so I turned to local advocate Alana Tornello to see what I could do.
我向当地律师阿兰娜·托奈罗寻求了帮助。
I'm going to drop the ironic, handsome Jordan Klepper character,
我将卸下我假面帅哥乔丹·克莱伯的身份,
and I'm just going to be just handsome Jordan Klepper.
在你面前只有帅气的乔丹·克莱伯。
I want to help. What can I do to help?
我需要帮助,我该怎么去做?
Okay, do you have any skills?
好的,你有什么技能吗?
Well, you don't need to have any skills to come volunteer. Great.
当然,你的这项任务不需要你有任何技能。太棒了。
As the media, there is a lot that can be done to make it very clear
作为媒体,我们还需要做很多事情把事情弄清楚,
that for some people, for some New Yorkers, this is still a disaster and this is still a story.
对于许多人而言,对于纽约人来说,那场灾难依然是一场灾难,我们依然有要报道的故事。
What? I'm talking to you. This is you. You can do this. Not as the media.
什么?我在和你讲话,是说你。你可以做这个,不是以媒体的身份。
Oh. Oh! Right. Right. Oh yeah! Oh right! Oh, yeah, this thing.
哦哦!好的,好的。我知道了。
Yeah, you can remind people that this is still a news story. Done. Okay? Thanks.
你要做的是告诉人们这依然是一个新闻。完事。好了吗?谢谢。
You're welcome. That's what I've been doing hereto whole time.
不客气。这也是我一直做的事情。
Looks like my work as a media professional is done.
看上去,我作为媒体人的角色已经结束了。
But until help really does arrive, Sandy victims may need a little patience,
在得到帮助之前,“桑迪”受灾群众还需要一点耐心,
courtesy of Staten island's third most popular Guns N' Roses Tribute Band.
史泰登第三大著名乐队-枪炮与玫瑰翻唱乐队亲情献唱。
Oh, don't, don't, don't play actual patience. We don't have the rights to that.
哦别别,别真的演得那么有耐心。我们不应该这么做。
I've been waiting patiently, oh no!
我一直在耐心等待,哦哦!
Of course, after two and a half years,
两年半过去了,
these guys have a pretty simple message for anyone who thinks they should wait just a little longer.
对于那些让他们再耐心等待的人来说,灾民的答案似乎很简单。
Jordan Klepper, we'll be right back.
这是乔丹·克莱伯的报道,马上回来。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
courtesy ['kə:tisi]

想一想再看

n. 礼貌,好意,恩惠

 
insurance [in'ʃuərəns]

想一想再看

n. 保险,保险费,安全措施

联想记忆
architect ['ɑ:kitekt]

想一想再看

n. 建筑师

联想记忆
complex ['kɔmpleks]

想一想再看

adj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的
n. 复合体

联想记忆
concert ['kɔnsət]

想一想再看

n. 音乐会,一致,和谐
vt. 制定计划,通

 
blame [bleim]

想一想再看

n. 过失,责备
vt. 把 ... 归咎于,

联想记忆
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
approximately [ə'prɔksimitli]

想一想再看

adv. 近似地,大约

 
tent [tent]

想一想再看

n. 帐篷
v. 住帐篷,宿营

 
bureaucracy [bjuə'rɔkrəsi]

想一想再看

n. 官僚制度,官僚主义

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。