There's nothing Squeaks and I like better than a big pancake breakfast!
我和吱吱最喜欢大块薄烤饼的早餐了!
Squeaks likes his with lots of strawberries and whipped cream, and I love mine with tons of maple syrup,
吱吱喜欢在上面放很多草莓和生奶油,我喜欢放大量的枫糖浆,
but there's one tasty topping that we both can't get enough of:homemade butter!
但有一样美味配料我们怎么都吃不够:自制黄油!
We'd like to share our recipe with a dash of science, so you can make your own butter, too!
我们想要分享这个带点儿科学的食谱,所以你也可以自己做哦!
All you need to get started is a big glass jar, some heavy whipping cream, and a grown up to help out.
你要准备的是大玻璃罐,一些鲜奶油,并找个大人帮忙。
First, fill your jar halfway up with cream. Then screw the lid on really tight...And shake the jar!
首先,用罐子装半罐奶油,然后把盖子拧紧,摇晃罐子!
And keep on shaking it! Just be careful not to drop the jar.
一直摇啊摇!小心罐子别掉了。
You might have to shake it for a long time, like 20 minutes, or even longer.
你可能要摇很长时间,20分钟或更长。
But eventually, you'll stop feeling the liquid sloshing around.
但最终,你感觉不到液体到处晃动了。
If you look inside, you'll see that your cream is more like whipped cream. That means you're almost there!
如果看里面的话,你会看到你的奶油更像生奶油。这意味着你快成功了!
Keep shaking until you feel a solid lump bouncing around inside the jar.
继续摇,直到你感觉一个结实的块状物在罐子里弹跳。
Then open it up, and if it looks like this, your butter is done!
打开罐子,如果它变这样了,你的黄油就制成了!
So, we made ourselves a tasty treat!
所以,我们给自己做了美味的一餐!
But how does plain old cream turn into butter? Well, it all starts with milk!
但是普通的奶油是如何变成黄油的呢?好吧,这一切都要从牛奶开始。
You might already know that milk comes from a cow.
你可能已经知道了牛奶来自于奶牛。
And when the milk first comes out of the cow, it has a lot of fat in it.
牛奶刚被挤出来时,里面含有很多脂肪。
Animals use fat for energy and other important jobs, and milk has lots of it to help the cow's baby calves grow healthy and strong.
动物利用脂肪作能源并做其他重要的事情,富含脂肪的牛奶能帮牛犊健康茁壮的成长。
If you let the milk sit for a few minutes after it comes out of the cow, the fat will float to the top.
如果牛奶挤出来后沉淀几分钟,脂肪就会漂到顶部。
Then, farmers can separate that fat from the rest of the milk.
然后,农民们会把脂肪与牛奶的其余部分分开。
That extra-fatty liquid is what we call cream!
这种额外的脂肪液就是我们所说的奶油!
When you pour cream into a jar and shake it, the little bits of fat in the cream start to bump into each other and stick together.
你把奶油倒入罐子中摇晃时,奶油里的小块脂肪开始互相碰撞并粘在一起。
That's why the cream starts to get thicker and thicker, those bigger clumps of fat don't slosh around as much.
这就是奶油开始变得越来越稠,更大的脂肪团不会那么晃动的原因。
Eventually, the fat all collects into a big solid lump and separates completely from the liquid.
最终,所有的脂肪都聚集成一个大固体块,完全与液体分离。
The lump becomes what we call butter, and the liquid is called buttermilk,
这个块状物就变成了我们所说的黄油,这种液体被称为酪乳。
which you can also use to cook things like pancakes and biscuits!
你也可以用来做煎饼和饼干!
There are lots of other ways to make cream into butter, like with a butter churn, a mixer,
让奶油变成黄油还有许多其他方法,如奶油搅拌器、搅拌机
or even in giant spinning machines in factories,
甚至是工厂里的巨型纺纱机,
but they're all doing pretty much the same thing that you're doing when you shake up your jar.
但它们的原理都和你摇罐子一样。
Once you're a butter-making expert, you can add salt or other flavors to your butter, too!
一旦你制作黄油熟练了,也可以在黄油里加盐或其他调味料!
Okay Squeaks, our butter is done! Let's get back to the kitchen and dig into our pancakes!
好了,吱吱,我们的黄油制成了!我们回到厨房,把它涂在薄烤饼上吧!
And thanks for joining us today!
感谢您收看本期的儿童科学秀!
Do you have any questions about the science behind your favorite foods?
你想知道最喜欢的食物背后藏着什么科学吗?
If you do, ask a grownup to help you to leave us a comment down below, or to send an email to Kids@SciShow.com!
请大人帮你在下面留言,或者发邮件至Kids@SciShow.com!!
And we'd like to give a big thanks to google making-sciences for helping us make this episode.
我们也要衷心感谢“google making-sciences”对本期的大力支持。
We'll see you next time, here at the fort.
我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!