手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

转圈太久为什么会头晕呢

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi everybody! Since it's such a nice day here, Squeaks and I thought we'd head over to the playground.

嗨,大家好!今天天气很好,我和吱吱觉得我们应该去操场。
I have to admit, though, that some of the rides on the playground,
不过我得承认,操场上的一些游乐设施,
like the ones that go around...and around...and around...kind of make me dizzy!
比如那个一直转啊转的东西,有点儿让我头晕!
If you've ever spun around in circles too long, then you know what being dizzy feels like.
如果你曾转圈太久的话,你就会知道头晕是什么感觉了。
Everything around you feels like spinning, even though you're not!
你会感觉周围的一切似乎都在旋转,即使你没在转。
If you've ever wondered why this happens, you're not alone!
你不是唯一想知道为什么会这样的人哦!
One viewer recently emailed us asking: Why do we get dizzy?
一位观众最近给我们发了一封电子邮件,问我们:为什么我们会头晕?
And that's a great question, with a really interesting answer!
这个问题很好,答案很有趣!
Believe it or not, the reason we get dizzy has to do with our ears.
不管你相不相信,我们头晕的原因与耳朵有关。
Yes, our ears do more than help us hear things.
是的,我们的耳朵不只帮助我们听东西,
They have another job, too, to help us keep our balance, which means they help us keep steady so that we don't fall over!
它们也有其他的工作,能帮助我们保持平衡,这意味着它们帮助我们保持稳定,这样我们就不会跌倒了!
To see how that works, let's take a look at what's going on deep inside your ears.
为了了解它是如何工作的,让我们看看你耳朵里到底发生了什么吧。
If you could see way inside your ears, you'd see a part that looks like this.
如果你能看清耳朵的里面,你会看到这样一部分。
This is called your inner ear.
这叫做内耳。
There's a part that looks kind of curly, like a snail shell...
内耳有一部分看起来有点儿卷曲,就像蜗牛壳...
And there's a part that's made of three loops.
还有一部分由三个半规管构成。
And each loop points in a different direction.
每个半规管的指向都不同。
One points up and down...one points to the back of your head...and one points side to side.
一个是上下方向...一个是后脑方向,另一个是边对边方向。
These loops are what help you keep your balance.
这些半规管能帮助你保持平衡。
They have fluid inside them, a liquid that's a little bit like water.
半规管里面有体液,一种有点儿像水的液体。
And the insides of these loops have something else, too, lots of tiny little hairs.
半规管里面还有一些其他的东西,许多微小的茸毛。
These hairs stick up into the fluid.
这些茸毛粘在体液里,
The bottoms of the hairs stay in one place, but the tops can move back and forth as the fluid swishes around.
茸毛的底部固定在一个地方,顶部可以随着体液的四处流动而来回摆动。

Now, these hairs have a special job. They send signals to the brain.

现在,这些茸毛有一个特殊的工作,给大脑发送信号。
And those signals tell the brain which way your head is facing.
这些信号告诉大脑你脑袋的朝向。
For example, when you lie down at night to go to sleep, the fluid that's in the loops moves.
例如,你晚上躺下睡觉时,体液会在半规管里流动。
And when the fluid moves...the tops of the hairs move.
体液流动时,茸毛顶部也在移动。
So, as you're settling into bed, they tell the brain...hey, we're lying down!
所以,你躺在床上时,它们会告诉你的大脑...嘿,我们躺下了!
And if you nod our head yes...the fluid moves again...and the hairs send signals to the brain, saying we're moving up and down!
如果你点头说是,体液再次流动,茸毛就会向大脑发送信号说我们在上下移动!
Now, as long as we're doing simple movements like that, everything's fine.
只要我们像这样做些简单的运动,一切就都运转良好。
In fact, even if you spin slowly around in a circle, you won't get dizzy.
事实上,如果你缓慢地转圈,也不会头晕。
As you turn, the little hairs tell your brain that you're turning in a circle.
当你旋转时,小茸毛会告诉大脑你在转圈。
And when you stop, they tell the brain that you've stopped moving, so everything's fine.
当你停下时,它们会告诉大脑你停下了,所以一切都没问题。
But...when you spin around a lot, really fast, the fluid in those loops starts sloshing around.
但当你转很多圈,并且转得很快时,半规管里的体液就会四处晃动。
The hairs tell the brain that you're spinning.
茸毛会告诉大脑你在旋转。
But! When you stop, it takes a little while for the fluid to stop moving, too.
但是,当你停下时,体液要等会儿才能停下来。
And if the fluid is still moving...the hairs are telling the brain that you're still moving.
而体液仍在流动的话,茸毛会告诉大脑你仍在移动。
So, even though you've stopped twirling around in a circle...your brain still thinks you're moving...
所以,尽管你已经停止转圈了,你的大脑仍认为你在运动...
which is why everything seems like spinning around you.
这就是你周围的物体看起来都在旋转的原因。
Thankfully, it only takes a few seconds for the fluid in your inner ears to settle down.
幸运的是,你内耳里的体液只需要几秒钟就可以安定下来。
And when that happens, the little hairs in your inner ear finally know what's really going on, and everything gets back to normal.
当这种情况发生时,你内耳的小茸毛终于知道真实情况了,所有的一切都会恢复正常。
Thanks for asking such an awesome question! Do you have a question for us?
感谢您问了一个这么好的问题!你有没有问题要问我们?
Then, ask a grownup to help you to leave us a comment down below or send an email to Kids@SciShow.com!
让大人帮忙在下方留言或发邮件至Kids@SciShow.com!
Thanks for joining us! We'll see you next time, here at the fort!
感谢您收看本期节目!我们下期见!沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
steady ['stedi]

想一想再看

adj. 稳定的,稳固的,坚定的
v. 使稳固

 
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
settle ['setl]

想一想再看

v. 安顿,解决,定居
n. 有背的长凳

 
shell [ʃel]

想一想再看

n. 壳,外壳
v. 去壳,脱落,拾贝壳

 
viewer ['vju:ə]

想一想再看

n. 观看者,电视观众,观察器

 
spin [spin]

想一想再看

v. (使)旋转,疾驰,纺织,结网,眩晕
n.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。