手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 牛津英语在线课堂 > 正文

如何讨论食物

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello, I'm Mia, welcome to Oxford Online English!

大家好,我是 Mia,欢迎来到牛津在线英语!
In this lesson, you can learn about how to talk about and describe different foods in English.
在这节课上,你能学到如何用英语谈论并描述不同的食物。
What kind of food do you like or dislike?
你喜欢或不喜欢什么类型的食物?
Do you like cooking, trying new recipes, or eating out?
你喜欢下厨,尝试新菜谱还是外食?
In this lesson, you can learn how to describe food in detail in English.
在这节课上,你能学到如何用英语详细地描述食物。
You'll see how to talk about food you like or dislike using clear, natural English.Ready?Let's start!
你将看到如何用清楚自然的英语谈论你喜欢或不喜欢的食物。准备好了吗?我们开始吧!
Part 1: Where are we going for dinner?Imagine you're with your friends.
第一部分:我们去哪里吃晚餐?想象一下你和朋友在一起。
You're all hungry and want to go to a restaurant, but you don't know which one to pick.
你们都很饿,想去一家餐厅吃饭,但是你们不知道要选哪一家。

njys15.png

You're all very different and have different ideas on what you want to eat.You might say: "Where should we go?

你们的口味都很不同,而且对想吃的东西有着不同的想法。你可能会说:“我们去哪儿?
There's a French restaurant on the square if you want a slap-up dinner.
如果你想吃一顿奢侈大餐的话,广场上有一家法国餐厅。
That's quite expensive, though.We could go to that new Asian buffet place.
不过那里相当贵。我们可以去那家新开的亚洲自助餐厅。
They do Chinese-Vietnamese-Thai fusion; it's pretty good.
他们融合了中国菜,越南菜和泰国菜,还挺不错的。
They'll definitely have veggie options, too, in case you don't feel like meat.
那儿一定还有完全用蔬菜做成的食物,以防你不想吃肉。
Or, we could just go casual and get some fast food or street food, and find somewhere to eat outside."
或者我们可以随便吃点,买点快餐或街头小吃,然后找个地方坐在外面吃。”
Are you in the mood for something expensive?Then you would want a "slap-up dinner".
你想吃点贵的东西吗?那你想要的就是一顿“奢侈大餐”。
A "slap-up dinner" is an expensive, formal meal.
“奢侈大餐”就是一顿很贵,很正式的饭。
Maybe one of your friends wants something a bit different, something more adventurous.
或许你的一个朋友想吃点有些不一样的东西,更刺激的食物。
You could suggest a "fusion restaurant".
你可以提议去一家“融合餐厅”。
Fusion is a mix of different foods from different cultures or countries.
融合就是指把来自不同文化或国家的不同食物混合在一起。
A "buffet" is always a good restaurant to go to with friends.
“自助餐厅”总是很适合跟朋友们一起去。
You serve your own food and choose whatever dishes you want.
你自己去端自己要吃的食物,想吃什么菜就可以选什么菜。
Most buffets are all-you-can-eat, which can be good value for money!
大部分自助餐厅都是随你吃到饱的,性价比很高!
Perhaps one of your friends is a vegetarian and wants to make sure there is something suitable on the menu.
可能你的一个朋友是素食主义者,他想确保菜单上有合适的食物。
You would need to find a place that has "veggie" options, too.
那你就需要找到一家也有“完全用蔬菜做成的食物”的餐厅。
Veggie means it's okay for vegetarians to eat.
完全用蔬菜做成的食物就是素食主义者可以吃的食物。
The cheapest and fastest options are "street food" and "fast food".
最便宜最快的选择是“街头小吃”和“快餐”。
Street food is food you can buy from a stall or a kiosk on the street, and it's usually cooked in front of you.
街头小吃就是可以从街头的小摊上或小亭子里买到的食物,这种食物通常是当着你的面制作的。
Fast food is usually fried, fatty foods that you can buy in cheaper restaurants, for example, burgers, chips, kebabs, fried chicken, and so on.
快餐一般是高脂肪的油炸食品,可以在较便宜的餐厅买到,比如汉堡包,薯片,烤肉串,炸鸡等等。
Part 2: Describing Tastes and Textures. Okay, now you're in the restaurant.
第二部分:描述味道和口感。好了,现在你在餐厅里。
Your food arrives, and your friend asks, "How's your food?"
你的食物端上来了,你的朋友问:“你的食物怎么样?”
What can you say to your friend?Think about the last time you went to a restaurant.
你能回答你朋友些什么呢?想一想你上一次去餐厅的时候。
How would you describe what you ate?Let's look at how you can describe tastes.
你会如何描述你吃的东西?我们来看看如何描述味道。
You might say something like: "This curry's very spicy!"
你可以说:“这个咖喱非常辣!”
"The sauce is quite sour.Maybe they put vinegar in?"
“这个酱汁好酸。或许他们往里面加了醋?”
"I don't like the vegetables.They taste bitter."
“我不喜欢那些蔬菜。吃起来太苦了。”
"I like the soup; it's salty!""The chicken has a kind of sweet flavour."
“我喜欢这个汤,咸咸的!”“这个鸡肉有种甜甜的味道。”
"Spicy"—you can also say "hot"—describes food with a lot of chili, which makes your mouth burn.
“辣”( spicy/hot )描述的是加了很多辣椒的食物,它让你的嘴巴像着了火似的。
For "sour", think of the taste of lemon.It's strong and acidic.
“酸”的话,可以想一想柠檬的味道。有一股很强烈的酸味。
Some other kinds of fruit are sour, for example, lime and grapefruit also have a sour taste.
还有一些其他种类的水果也是酸的,比如酸橙和葡萄柚也有酸味。
"Bitter" is the taste of black coffee, or dark chocolate.Bitter tastes are often unpleasant.
“苦”是黑咖啡或黑巧克力的味道。苦味通常蛮讨人厌的。
"Salty" and "sweet" can be used to describe food which contain salt or sugar respectively.
“咸”和“甜”可以分别用来描述里面含盐或含糖的食物。
Salty is usually used if food contains a lot of salt, so that you really notice the salt in the food.
通常只有食物中加了很多盐时才用“咸”来描述,因为这样你才能真正注意到食物中的盐。
Sweet can be used for almost any food with sugar, like ice-cream, cake, chocolate and so on.
几乎所有加了糖的食物都可以用“甜”来描述,比如冰淇淋,蛋糕,巧克力等等。
Okay, now that we've looked at how to describe tastes, what about textures?
好了,现在我们已经讲了怎么描述味道了,那口感呢?
Texture is an important part of food.Texture means how the food feels inside your mouth.
口感是食物的一个重要部分。口感指的是食物在你嘴里的感觉。
For example, if you're eating a packet of crisps, you want them to be "crunchy", "crispy".
举个例子,如果你在吃一袋薯片,你希望它们是“爽脆”,“酥脆”的。
Both of these adjectives means that something has a hard texture when you bite into it.
这两个形容词的意思都是当你咬某个东西的时候,它有一种硬硬的口感。
Crunchy and crispy foods are often noisy to eat!These are all crunchy and crispy foods.
爽脆和酥脆的食物吃起来声音通常都挺大的!这些都是爽脆和松脆的食物。
Food which is under-cooked or dry can be chewy—you need to chew it for a long time before you can swallow it.
没有煮熟或很干的食物可能会很难嚼碎,需要嚼很长时间才能吞下去。
For example: "This pasta hasn't finished cooking, it's too chewy."
举个例子:“这个意面没有煮透,太难嚼了。”
"The fish was really chewy, they must have cooked it for too long."
“这条鱼非常难嚼,他们一定是煮的时间太长了。”
For meat, you might use the word tough instead.
如果是肉,可以用“不嫩的”代替。
Meat which is old or overcooked is often tough, it's difficult to cut and chew.
比较老的肉或煮过头了的肉通常都不嫩,很难切,很难嚼。
For example: "This burger was left on the barbecue too long and now it's tough."
举个例子:“这块汉堡肉烤的时间太长了,现在都不嫩了。”
Of course, when you're eating something like ice cream, you don't want it to be hard to eat.
当然了,当你在吃像冰淇淋这样的东西时,你可不希望它吃起来很硬。
If it has a really nice texture and it's very easy to eat, you can say it "melts in your mouth".
如果它口感非常棒,而且吃起来很容易,那就可以说它“入口即化”。
This is a positive expression to describe soft textures.
这是个褒义的短语,表示口感很柔软。
You can use it for any fatty foods, including desserts, meat or fish.
可以用它来形容一切高脂肪的食物,包括甜点,肉类或鱼类。
For example: "These chocolate truffles just melt in my mouth."
举个例子:“这些巧克力松露入口即化。”
"The chicken was cooked so perfectly it almost melted in my mouth."
“这只鸡煮得恰当好处,几乎入口即化。”
Part 3: Positive Vocabulary and Expressions. We've looked at how to describe your food.
第三部分:褒义的词汇和短语。我们讲过了怎样描述你的食物。
Now, imagine that you like your food very much, and you want to tell your friends how good your food is.
现在假设你非常喜欢你的食物,想要告诉你的朋友它有多好吃。
Of course, you can say that your food is delicious, but you should really have more words and phrases you can use.
你当然可以说你的食物很美味,但是你应该掌握更多可以使用的单词和短语。
Imagine this is your dessert that's just arrived at the table.
假设这是你的甜点,刚刚端上桌的。
It looks good, right?You could say: "It's really yummy!"
看上去不错,对吧?你可以说:“真的很好吃!”
"That looks mouth-watering.""Mmm, scrumptious!"These mean it tastes good.
“那看得让人直流口水。”“嗯,好吃极了!”这些的意思是它很好吃。
Be careful using "yummy" as it sounds a little childish.
使用 "yummy" 这个词的时候要小心,因为它听起来有点幼稚。
Of course, you can use it, but be aware that it has this association.
你当然可以用它,但是要知道它还有这种关联。
Other adjectives you can use that are more advanced are mouth-watering and scrumptious.
可以用的更高级的其他形容词是 "mouth-watering" 和 "scrumptious"。
Both of these adjectives means that the dessert tastes really good.
这两个形容词的意思都是这道甜点非常好吃。
You can use these adjectives for any food, not just desserts.
你可以用这些形容词来修饰任何食物,不只是甜点。
Now imagine one of your friends has ordered a chocolate cake for dessert.
现在假设你的一个朋友点了一个巧克力蛋糕当甜点。
You could tell them: "That chocolate cake is very rich.""Your cake looks really decadent."
你可以告诉他们:“那个巧克力蛋糕都是钱啊。”“你的蛋糕看上去太堕落了。”
If you order something that's very luxurious or is made very well, you use the adjectives decadent or rich.
如果你点了非常奢侈的食物,或者制作非常精美的食物,那就可以用形容词 "decadent" 或 "rich"。
We usually use these adjectives for desserts, usually those made with lots of heavy ingredients like butter or cream.
我们经常用这些形容词形容甜点,这些甜点一般是用很多厚重的食材做的,比如黄油或奶油。
If you're talking about something savoury, for example, a burger, when it's cooked well, you could say it's tender or juicy.
如果你在谈论某种开胃的食物时,比如汉堡,当它被料理得很好时,你可以说它很柔软或多汁。
Tender is used to describe meat which is soft and easy to chew.
"tender" 被用来描述很软,易嚼的肉。
Juicy is also used for meat which is cooked well.If you overcook meat, it can get dry and tough.
"juicy" 也被用来描述做得很好吃的肉。肉煮的时间过长了就会变得又干又硬。
Well-cooked meat should be juicy, which means it still has plenty of liquid inside.
煮得好的肉应该是多汁的,也就是肉里面依然有大量的肉汁。
For example: "This pork's amazing; it's really tender.""A good steak should be juicy when you cut into it."
举个例子:“这个猪肉太好吃了,非常软。”“一块好牛排在切的时候应该会流出很多肉汁。”
That's for meat, but what about vegetables?Salads or raw vegetables could be crisp or fresh.
那是形容肉的,但是蔬菜呢?沙拉或生蔬菜可能很脆或很新鲜。
This means that the vegetables have a good texture and have not been sitting around for a long time.
这个意思是这些蔬菜口感很好,并且摆在那儿没多长时间。
For example: "I can tell my salad is really fresh from how crisp the lettuce is."Let's review these words and phrases.
举个例子:“我可以从生菜的脆度判断出我的沙拉非常新鲜。”我们来回顾一下这些单词和短语。
You can use yummy, mouth-watering and scrumptious to mean that something tastes very good.
你可以用 "yummy","mouth-watering" 和 "scrumptious" 来表示某个事物非常好吃。
Tasty, heavy desserts, especially those made with lots of butter or cream, could be decadent or rich.
好吃的重甜点,尤其是那些用很多黄油或奶油做成的,可以用 "decadent" 或 "rich" 来形容。
Meat which is cooked well should be tender and juicy.
煮得很好的肉应该用 "tender" 和 "juicy" 来形容。
If you're talking about salad, you would want it to be fresh and crisp.
如果你在谈论沙拉,那就会希望它很 "fresh" 和 "crisp"。
Otherwise, you can of course use general words like delicious, tasty or great to describe food which you like.
要不然,你当然也可以用像 "delicious","tasty" 或 "great" 这样的常用的词来描述你喜欢的食物。
Part 4: Negative Words and Expressions
第四部分:贬义的词和短语
Now, I want you to imagine a different situation.
现在我想让你们想象一个不同的场景。
Pretend you went to a different restaurant.
假装你去了另一家餐厅。
This restaurant is not as good.The food is terrible!
那家餐厅没有上一家那么好。那里的食物特别难吃!
So how do you describe something that tastes bad?
那么你要如何描述味道很差的食物呢?
You could use general negative adjectives like disgusting or revolting.
你可以使用像“恶心”或“令人作呕”这样常用的贬义词。
You could also say that "something turns your stomach".
你也可以说“某个食物让你倒胃口”。
These words have a strong meaning; you use them when something tastes extremely bad, or looks so bad that you can't possibly put it near your mouth.
这些词表示的意思很强烈,当你觉得某个东西味道极其差,或者看起来难吃到你都无法把它到嘴边时,就可以用这些词。
Imagine one of your friends has ordered a dessert.Have a look at this picture.
假设你的一个朋友点了一道甜点。看一下这张图片。
You could say: "That dessert looks disgusting."Or: "I wouldn't eat that, I'm sure it'd be revolting."Or: "Just looking at that turns my stomach."
你可以说:“那个甜点看上去太恶心了。”或者:“我不会吃它的,我敢肯定吃进去就会呕出来的。”或者:“光看着它我就倒胃口了。”
But be careful using these words and expressions as they could be offensive, especially if you're talking about someone's cooking!
但是用这些词和短语的时候要小心,因为它们会冒犯到别人,尤其你在谈论别人亲自做的饭时。
Another friend orders a curry, but they aren't happy with it.
另一个朋友点了一道咖喱,但是他们对此不太满意。
They say: "This curry isn't spicy, it's bland and completely tasteless."
他们说:“这道咖喱不辣,很淡,而且完全没有味道。”
Bland and tasteless have similar meanings.
"bland" 和 "tasteless" 的意思差不多。
They mean that the food doesn't have any flavour.
它们的意思是这个食物没有任何味道。
It's not disgusting; it just doesn't taste of anything.
它并不是恶心,但就是什么味道都没有。
Two of your friends have ordered pizza, chips and a steak.
你的两个朋友点了披萨,薯片和一块牛排。
When it arrives at the table they discover it's been cooked badly.
食物端上桌时他们发现做得很不好。
They tell the waiter: "I can't eat this pizza, it's burnt."
他们告诉服务员:“我没法吃这个披萨,都烤焦了。”
"You've overdone this steak.It's like an old shoe!"
“这块牛排煎的时间太长了。像只旧鞋子一样!”
"My chips are under-cooked.They're still cold in the middle."
“我的薯片是夹生的。中间还是冷的。”
If it's the cooking that's the problem with the food, we use the adjectives burnt or overdone to describe food that's been cooked for too long.
如果食物的问题在于火候,我们就可以用“焦了”或“煮得太久了”来描述煮的时间过长的食物。
If the food hasn't been cooked for long enough, we would say it's under-cooked.
如果食物煮的时间不够,我们可以说它“夹生”。
If your food has been cooked with too much oil or fat, you could describe it as oily, greasy or fatty.Let's review.
如果你的食物在煮的时候加了过多的油或脂肪,你可以把它描述为“油多”,“油腻”或“高脂肪的”。我们来回顾一下。
The phrase "turns my stomach" means that something looks and/or tastes really bad.
"turns my stomach" 这个短语的意思是某种食物看上去或吃起来很难吃。
You can also use the adjectives "revolting" and "disgusting".
也可以用形容词 "revolting" 和 "disgusting"。
If you're describing food that's very plain and has no flavour, you can use the adjectives bland or tasteless.
如果你在描述很淡,没有味道的食物,那就可以用形容词 "bland" 或 "tasteless"。
If you're describing food that's been cooked too long, we say it's burnt or overdone.
如果你在描述煮的时间过长的食物,我们用 "burnt" 或 "overdone"。
The opposite is under-cooked.Food with too much oil can be fatty, oily or greasy.
反义词是 "under-cooked"。加了太多油的食物可以用 "fatty","oily" 或 "greasy"。
Now we've reached the end of our restaurant adventure, I hope you have a good idea about how to describe food with interesting words and expressions.
现在我们的餐厅探险之旅即将结束,我希望你们了解了如何用有趣的单词和短语描述食物。
Thanks very much for watching!I hope that you have found it useful.
非常感谢你们的观看!希望你们觉得这节课有用。
You can see more of our free lessons on our website: oxfordonlineenglish. com.See you next time.
更多免费课程请登陆我们的网站:oxfordonlineenglish. com。下次见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆
melted [meltid]

想一想再看

adj. 融化的;溶解的 v. 融化;溶解(melt的过

 
negative ['negətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 否定的,负的,消极的
n. 底片,负

联想记忆
unpleasant [ʌn'pleznt]

想一想再看

adj. 使人不愉快的,讨厌的

 
association [ə.səusi'eiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 联合,结合,交往,协会,社团,联想

联想记忆
swallow ['swɔləu]

想一想再看

n. 燕子,吞咽,一次吞咽的量
vt. 吞下,

联想记忆
advanced [əd'vɑ:nst]

想一想再看

adj. 高级的,先进的

 
offensive [ə'fensiv]

想一想再看

adj. 令人不快的,侮辱的,攻击用的
n.

 
salty ['sɔ:lti]

想一想再看

adj. 咸的

联想记忆
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 谈论业余时间与爱好 2017-11-25
  • 谈论你的家 2017-11-26
  • 谈论你的工作 2017-12-05
  • 如何像英语母语者一样使用模糊用语 2017-12-06
  • 如何描述一个人 2017-12-07
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。