手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

哪只手更强些

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Squeaks, that is some beautiful art. Look at all those colors you used!

吱吱,那是一些漂亮的艺术品。看看你用过的那些颜色!
I'm trying to draw a flower garden, and I'll need to use lots of different colors to do it.
我想画一个花园,需要用到很多种不同的颜色。
I'll need to use one color at a time, like this. Hmmm … I think it gonna take a while.
我需要一次使用一种颜色,像这样。嗯,我觉得这需要一段时间。
Oh, you're right! It might go faster if I use both hands at the same time.
噢,你说得对!如果我双手同时画,可能会快些。
Let's try it. I don't think this is going very well, Squeaks!
我们试一下。吱吱,我觉得效果并不好!
My right hand is much better at drawing than my left hand.
我的右手比左手画得好很多。
Even just holding the crayon in my left hand is uncomfortable.
即使只是拿着蜡笔,我的左手也不舒服。
So it was a good idea, Squeaks, but I don't think it's going to work for me.
所以,吱吱,这个主意不错,但我觉得它不适合我。
It's hard for me to color with my left hand because I'm right-handed, I'm a righty.
我很难用左手画画,因为我是右撇子。
Most people have one hand that's better at doing things like writing, drawing and picking things up.
大多数人都是有一只手更擅长做事,比如写作、画画和捡东西。
We call this their handedness.
我们称其为利手。
Since I'm right-handed, when I go to pick up a crayon, I naturally want to use my right hand.
因为我是右撇子,所以我在拿蜡笔时,习惯上想用右手。
When I use my left hand, I'm kind of clumsy, and I can't control it as well as I want to.
当我用左手时,有点儿笨手笨脚的,不能随心所欲地控制它。
Most people are right-handed like me, but about one in every ten people is left-handed, a lefty.
大多数人都像我一样是右撇子,但每十个人中就有一个左撇子。

hand.png

Someone who's left-handed might throw a baseball or use a paintbrush with their left hand, instead of their right.

左撇子可能用左手投掷棒球或使用画笔,而不是用右手。
There are even a few rare people who can use both hands really well!
甚至还有少数的人可以很好地使用双手!
These people are ambidextrous, which just means they're skilled with both hands.
这些人双手灵巧,这意味着他们擅长使用双手。
Only about one in every 100 people is ambidextrous, so it's pretty special.
每一百个人里只有一个双手皆灵巧的人,所以相当特殊。
That's a good question, Squeaks!
吱吱,问得好!
He wants to know why most people are righties.
它想知道为什么大多数人是右撇子。
Well, scientists still aren't sure, although they do have a few ideas.
嗯,科学家们还不能完全确定原因,但他们有几个观点。
One idea is that it has a lot to do with our brains.
一个观点是这与我们的大脑有关。
Your brain controls everything your body does,
大脑控制着身体的一切行动,
and different parts of your brain control different parts of your body.
大脑的不同区域控制着身体的不同部位。
In general, the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body,
一般来说,右脑控制着身体的左半边,
and the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body.
左脑控制身体的右半边。
Yeah, it is weird, Squeaks, that each side of your brain controls the opposite side of your body!
没错,吱吱,这很奇怪,大脑的一边控制着身体的另一边!
But that's just how we're wired. Earlier, we talked about how most people are right-handed.
但这就是我们的奇怪方式。早些时候,我们讨论了大多数人是如何使用右手的。
So which side of the brain would be in charge of moving their right hand?
那么大脑的哪一边负责移动右手呢?
You got it! The left side of your brain controls the right hand.
你答对了!左脑控制右手。
But that's not all the left side of your brain does.
但这不是左脑的全部工作。
It's also in charge of helping you talk.
它还负责帮助你讲话。
When you talk, you're making small, careful movements just like when you write or color.
你在说话时,正在做一个小心的小幅动作,就像你写字或涂颜色时一样。
You're just moving your mouth and tongue instead of moving your hand.
你在移动你的嘴和舌头,而不是移动手。
So scientists think that it's easier for the left side of the brain
所以科学家们认为左脑更容易
to just be in charge of both talking and those harder small movements like writing,
负责谈话和那些更困难的小运动,比如写作,
which is why so many people are right-handed.
这就是大多数人是右撇子的原因。
But people who are left-handed or ambidextrous are just as good at using their hands as right-handed people are!
但是,左撇子或双手灵巧的人同样能像右撇子那样擅长使用手。
Their brains are just organized in a way that might not be as simple.
他们大脑的组织方式可能不那么简单。
Another idea is that which hand you use more comes from your parents.
另一种观点是你用哪只手更多来源于父母。
Lots of things about people can come from their parents,
人们从父母那里继承了很多东西,
like, what they look like, the color of their eyes, how tall they are … you name it!
比如长相、眼睛的颜色、身高...应有尽有!
Well, which hand you use might be another one of those things.
用哪只手可能是其中之一。
Scientists still aren't sure how exactly this connection works,
科学家们还不确定这种联系到底是如何运作的,
but if lots of people in your family are left-handed, you're more likely to be a lefty, too,
但如果你的家人中有很多人是左撇子,那么你很有可能也是左撇子,
although you could still be a righty!
即使你仍可以是一个右撇子!
So most people might be right-handed because it's easier for one side of your brain to control both talking and writing,
所以大多数人可能是右撇子,因为你的大脑一侧同时控制说话和写作比较容易,
and which hand you use might come from your parents.
你使用哪只手可能来源于你的父母。
But there's still a lot we don't know about how our brains work!
但我们对大脑的工作方式仍有很多不了解的地方!
I'm not sure when scientists will figure out everything about handedness.
我不确定科学家们什么时候能弄清楚利手的所有事情。
We'll have to keep researching, and see what we can all find out together.
我们必须继续研究,看看我们能一起找到什么。
If you want to do some research yourself,
如果你想自己做一些研究,
you can try testing the handedness of your family by having everyone write with their left and right hands.
可以让每个人都用左手和右手写字,以此来测试你家庭的利手性。
Are there more left-handed or right-handed people in your family?
你的家人中是左撇子多还是右撇子多?
Is anyone ambidextrous?
有双手灵巧的吗?
Squeaks and I will do some more research, too, by finishing up our artwork.
我和吱吱通过完成我们的艺术品也要做更多研究。
We'd love to hear about your research results!
我们很乐意听到你的研究成果!
If you'd like to share with us, have a grown-up help you to leave a comment below,
如果你想与我们分享,找个大人帮忙在下方留言,
or send us an email tokids@scishow.com.
或发邮件至kids@scishow.com
Thanks! We'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
感谢您的收看!我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的
ad

 
organized ['ɔ:gənaiz]

想一想再看

v. 组织

 
uncomfortable [ʌn'kʌmftəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不舒服的,不自在的

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
baseball ['beis.bɔ:l]

想一想再看

n. 棒球

联想记忆
clumsy ['klʌmzi]

想一想再看

adj. 笨拙的,笨重的,不得体的

 
ambidextrous [.æmbi'dekstrəs]

想一想再看

adj. 双手都灵巧的,熟练的

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 指纹有什么作用 2018-05-21
  • 世界上声音最响亮的昆虫 2018-05-25
  • 为什么真菌很厉害 2018-06-04
  • 四步让你建造完美沙堡 2018-06-09
  • 人类的远亲 2018-06-14
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。