手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 小小达人秀 > 正文

来看看真正的历史爱好者

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, man, I'm pretty good at history.

我可是很擅长历史的
How do you think you'd do up against me?
你怎么可能打败我
Probably way better.
我历史应该比你好得多
Well, Clark, I think it's time to find out, brother.
那我们来比比看啊
Come on with me. Let's go. Yeah.
跟我来 行
Yeah. We about to see now, Clark.
赛场上见分晓
Yeah, it's on and cracking.
比赛应该很精彩
Get yourself together, partner.
准备好啊
Yeah.

来看看真正的历史爱好者

If it involves anything with history, I'm in,

凡是跟历史有关的 我都要参加
and I know it is 'cause that's why I came on the show for.
因为我就是因为这个才来参加 节目的
Robot.
都在我脑子里
All right. Let's go!
好 开始
Welcome to "Little Big Shots" history museum for history showdown.
欢迎来到小小达人秀历史博物馆 历史重演
It's 8-year-old history expert Clark against me, Mr. History.
今天的竞争将在8岁的历史专家克拉克和我历史先生之间展开
Can we have the first question, please?
我们开始吧
Let me get all of this out my hand.
这个卡也不要了
I am a Viking.
我是一名维京海盗
My question to you is, what sport was popular among Vikings?
我的问题是 维京海盗最喜欢的体育运动是
Skiing.
滑雪
What, skiing? Yes.
啥 滑雪 没错
No Vikings—You ain't never seen no movie no Viking skiing.
不是 维京海盗——你肯定从来没看过关于维京海盗的电影 他们从不滑雪
Who told you that?
谁告诉你的
Clark is correct.
克拉克回答正确
Yay. Now I won't be killed by a Viking,
耶 现在我不会被维京海盗杀掉了
even though they weren't actually bloodthirsty, so...
虽然他们其实也没那么嗜血 那么……
All right. Next question, please.
好 请开始下个问题
Ah, what's up, girl?
你好啊 美女
I am Cleopatra, pharaoh of the ancient kingdom of Egypt.
我是克利欧佩特拉 古埃及帝国法老
Bitten by an asp, I met my demise.
因为被角蝰咬伤
Bitten by a what?
被什么咬伤
An asp.
角蝰
Oh. It's a kind of Egyptian snake.
一种埃及的蛇
Oh, a snake. I'm sorry. I thought she said she gotten bit in the—
哦 蛇啊 抱歉 我以为她说她被——
I'm sorry. Go ahead.
抱歉 请继续
My question is, at what age did I take the throne?
我的问题是 我是几岁继位的
17 or 18, history really hasn't told.
17或者18岁 具体时间历史不可考
When one works, the other doesn't. Okay.
我按了之后 你按就没反应了 好吧
Mr. Clark was correct.
克拉克先生回答正确
Thank you, Cleopatra, ruler of Egypt.
谢谢你 埃及的统治者 克利欧佩特拉
All right. Next question.
好 下个问题
Although most often associated with Egypt,
虽然木乃伊常与古埃及相联系
what South American tribe was the first to make a mummy?
实际上是南美洲的那个部落最先制作出木乃伊的
A South American tribe named Chinchorro, who made it over 2,000 years before the first Egyptian.
是一个叫做新克罗的南美洲部落 比埃及早了大约2000多年
Clark is correct. Yay.
克拉克回答正确 耶
Next question.
下一个
Ah, what's up, girl? How you doing?
啊 你好啊 美女 感觉怎么样
You know that's Sacagawea.
那时莎卡嘉薇亚
Yeah. I don't know who that is, but I—
嗯 我也不知道是谁 但反正——
She couldn't even speak English.
她不会说英语
She don't speak English? Yes.
他不会讲英语吗 嗯
Well, this is going to be a hard question then, ain't it?
那这个问题可就难了
Bet you ain't going to know this one. Go ahead.
我赌你不会这道题 开始吧
I am Sacagawea. I am a woman of the Lemhi Shoshone tribe of Idaho.
我是莎卡嘉薇亚 是爱达荷州印第安肖肖尼部落莱姆哈伊部族成员
Pardon me. That's English. Yeah.
等会儿 她说的是英语啊 嗯
Thought you said she didn't speak English.
你刚不是说她不会讲英语吗
Gotcha on that one. Yeah.
我觉得这把我能赢
Well, actually, in historical records—
实际上 根据历史记载——
Huh? In historical records, she probably—Never mind.
哈 根据历史记载 她可能——算了不重要
Yeah. Continue the question!
继续
Yeah. Gotcha on that one. Go ahead.
我要赢了 继续吧
When I guided the Lewis and Clark Expedition, how many children did I have at the time?
我带领路易斯和克拉克探索北美洲太平洋沿岸路径时 我有几个孩子
Six.
6个
You was busy.
你很忙
Trick question.
这个问题好刁钻
Sacagawea actually gave birth on the expedition, so it could count as either zero or one.
莎卡嘉薇亚是在探险途中生的孩子 所以可以说是没有 也可以说有一个
Oh, that is true.
Yay for history! Yay for history.
历史万岁 历史万岁
All right. Final question, please.
好吧 最后一个问题
I am one of the most famous Americans in history, Paul Revere.
我是美国历史上最著名的人物 保罗·瑞威尔
During the Revolutionary War, I rode through the night to warn that the British were coming.
独立战争期间 我骑了一夜的马 给美国军队预警 告知英军要来的消息
A silversmith by trade, I dabbled in what other profession?
除了本职是银器匠 我还会什么
Forensic dentistry.
口腔法医学
No. No. No. No.
大错特错
He rode a horse in to warn the people.
他骑马去给美军预警
Horse, partner. Blacksmith.
马啊兄弟 铁匠
Our young friend is correct.
年轻的这位先生回答正确
Well, thank you, Mr. Revere.
谢谢你 瑞威尔先生
Well, everybody, I think it's pretty clear we have a winner.
结果已经很明显了 我们的胜出者是克拉克
Folks, make some noise for Clark!
掌声送给他
It's a pleasure to meet you all.
很高兴见到大家
Folks, one more time, show your love for Clark!
大家掌声再次送给克拉克

重点单词   查看全部解释    
pardon ['pɑ:dn]

想一想再看

n. 原谅,赦免
vt. 宽恕,原谅

联想记忆
revere [ri'viə]

想一想再看

v. 尊敬,敬畏,崇敬 里维尔(美国马萨诸塞州城市,避暑

联想记忆
ruler ['ru:lə]

想一想再看

n. 尺子,划线板
n. 统治者,支配者

 
silversmith ['silvəsmiθ]

想一想再看

n. 银匠

 
expedition [.ekspi'diʃən]

想一想再看

n. 远征,探险队,迅速

联想记忆
partner ['pɑ:tnə]

想一想再看

n. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人
v. 同 ... 合

联想记忆
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
revolutionary [.revə'lu:ʃənəri]

想一想再看

adj. 革命的
n. 革命者

 
demise [di'maiz]

想一想再看

n. 死亡,转让房产,让位 vt. 让渡,遗赠,转让 v

联想记忆
throne [θrəun]

想一想再看

n. 王座,君主

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。