手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

如何营造最好的工作氛围?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

We choose not to talk a lot about diversity and inclusion.

我们选择不去过多地讨论多样性和包容性

We’re not running from the topic.

我们并不是在回避这个话题

We actually feel like we’re addressing it head on using analytics and revenue and profit to drive the conversation versus some moral imperative.

反而觉得是在正面解决这个问题 利用分析学和收益推动对话和某些道德要求

And what that means is that it’s not about fairness and equality alone, it’s about equity, which is about people getting –

也就是说这不仅关乎公平和平等 更关乎公正 也就是人们获得——

if you treat someone as a person they need a little more of something than perhaps someone else.

如果你把某人当成个体对待 他们需要的东西可能比别人要多一些

And actually if you treat everyone the same you are not going to get the best out of everyone.

其实如果你对所有人都一视同仁 那就无法发挥出每个人最大的作用

So equality can be used, in fact, to exclude people

所以 平等可能会排除某些人

and to make the environment a place that certain groups of people don’t want to be in because you’re treating everyone the same.

还可能把环境变成一个某些人不想待的地方 因为你对所有人都一样

177.png

That’s just not the way humans work. You know, I have two kids.

人类社会不应该是这样的 我有两个孩子

One of them might need (when they were young) violin lessons.

其中一个可能需要(他们小时候)上小提琴课

Another one might need dental care.

另一个可能需要牙科护理

Well the dental care costs a lot more than the violin lessons,

牙齿护理比小提琴课贵多了

but they both got something that they needed but it wasn’t necessarily ever equal.

但他们都获得了自己需要的东西 而且并不一定是平等的

But it’s addressing people where they are.

但这样能解决人们各自的问题

We also find that diversity and inclusion, once you bring up those words tension goes up in the room,

我们还发现 多样性和包容性 只要一提到这两个词 氛围马上就会紧张起来

because what happens is when you say that what people think is race

因为你用了人们认为带有种族色彩的言辞

but they don’t want to talk about it because they don’t know how to talk about that.

但他们不想谈论这些话题 因为不知道从何说起

So they awkwardly talk about diversity and inclusion and the problem that needs to be addressed gets diluted.

于是他们很尴尬的谈论着多样性和包容性 需要解决的问题也被轻视了

We begin to talk about – we can’t talk about race so then we just say “people of color” and “people majority” because we can’t say “race”.

我们开始谈论——我们不能说种族 于是就用起了“有色人种”和“多数人种”这样的词 只因我们不能说“种族”

And then we talk about men and women because that’s easier than race.

我们也说男性和女性 这说起来比种族容易一些

And then what about the disabled? “Oh well we can’t really bring that up.”

那残疾人士呢?“哦 我们不能提这个”

And all these buttons go off that stops the conversation.

那些面红耳赤的人让对话无法进行下去

What we pursue is called a Great Place to Work For All.

我们追求的是“所有人工作的好地方”

That’s the way we do it.

我们就是这么做的

So we think every employee regardless of who they are, what they are, or what they do for the organization should have a great experience at work.

我们觉得每名员工 不管他们是谁 是什么人种 或者为公司做了什么贡献 都应该拥有极棒的工作体验

So that includes everyone.

这包括所有人

It does not separate anyone to say, “One group should have a really great experience and one can have a less great experience.”

它不会孤立任何人 不会说“一部分人应该有超棒的体验 另一部分人可以稍微差点”

It means all.

它囊括了每个人

It turns into something positive, and people then get engaged and they go, “Yeah, it should be a great place to work for me too.

它会变成很积极的东西 人们都会投入进去 说“嗯 这应该是个上班的好地方

Absolutely. For everybody here, so let’s talk about how to do that.”

确实 为了所有人 我们来商讨一下该怎么做”

And you find the whole room starts to lean forward.

你会发现全屋子的人都愿意主动参与进来

Rather than “the other topic”, people can’t wait to get out of the room.

跟“另一个话题”不同 人们都迫不及待地想要离开

And talking about the other topic for, you know, I heard that conversation for about 40 years.

谈论另一个话题 我已经听那种对话40年了

It hasn’t gotten us very far at all.

根本就没什么进展

What we should want is for everybody to be like it is at the top of an organization.

我们想让所有人都觉得自己是公司的顶尖人才

Excited about coming to work and doing something that you really, really care about.

上班的时候很兴奋 做一些自己真的很在乎的事

You’re paying for it. It doesn’t cost you any more money, so you’re just getting more for what you’re paying for.

你要有投入 它不会花你一分钱 所以你得到的肯定比你投入的多

Most businesspeople get that. They get it and they go okay, what’s getting in the way?

很多商人都懂这一点 他们懂 而且会想“是什么阻碍了他们?”

And we have the analytics to help them know what’s getting in the way.

分析学能告诉他们是什么在妨碍他们

It’s the way they’re being spoken to gets in the way.

是别人对待他们的方式阻碍了他们

It’s if you’re listening to them or not, you know.

是你有没有在认真听他们讲话 懂吧

Are you sincerely caring about what they’re saying and using it to innovate and to make business decisions?

你是否由衷地听进去了他们说的话 并且把它用在创新和商业决策上?

We asked, “Does management involve you in their decision making?

我们问了“管理层会让你参与商业决策吗?

Do you feel informed about how management makes decisions?”

你了解管理层的决策方式吗?”

The reason we ask these is so we can understand what a person is experiencing, and we know a certain type of experience that makes people say, “I love it here,”

我们问这些是为了了解别人的感受 我们知道某种感受会让人们说“我喜欢这里”

because we asked “Do you plan to work here for a long long time?” and people will say yes.

因为我们问了“你打算在这里长期工作吗?” 人们会回答是的

And you can predict it based on whether people are listening to them, whether people are welcoming them,

你可以根据人们是否认真听讲 是否欢迎他们

whether people are rewarding them, whether people are recognizing them,

是否给他们回报 是否认可他们

whether people address them personally rather than an employee in mass communications.

是否能在多人对话中喊出他们的名字而不是以员工称呼来预测这一点

You can actually predict these two things, and then you see it in the result of the company in terms of the employee experience

你可以预测出这两点 然后你会在公司的员工体验结果中看到

the number is very high, and we’ve proven that the revenue growth of the company,

数量很高 我们已经证明了公司的收入增长

we have a hunch it’s going to be higher than others, and we look at the data and, in fact, that is true.

我们有预感它要比其他公司高一些 看了数据后发现确实是这样

重点单词   查看全部解释    
imperative [im'perətiv]

想一想再看

n. 命令,诫命,需要,祈使语气
adj. 命

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
rewarding [ri'wɔ:diŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 有报酬的,有益的

联想记忆
mass [mæs]

想一想再看

n. 块,大量,众多
adj. 群众的,大规模

 
pursue [pə'sju:]

想一想再看

v. 追捕,追求,继续从事

联想记忆
predict [pri'dikt]

想一想再看

v. 预知,预言,预报,预测

联想记忆
tension ['tenʃən]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,拉力,张力,紧张状态,[电]电压

联想记忆
address [ə'dres]

想一想再看

n. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧

 
environment [in'vaiərənmənt]

想一想再看

n. 环境,外界

 
awkwardly ['ɔ:kwə:dli]

想一想再看

adv. 笨拙地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。