手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第9节:宠物也是家人! Pets Are Family, Too!

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi Ashley!

嗨,阿什莉!

Hey, Anna! How was your weekend?

嘿,安娜!你周末过得怎么样?

It was great! I went to the D.C. State Fair.

我周末过得很好!我去了华盛顿州博览会。

I would have gone, but I was busy. How was it?

我本来想去的,但我很忙。博览会怎么样?

It was awesome! I won first place in a pet contest!

太棒了!我赢得了宠物比赛的第一名!

But, you don't have a pet, do you?

但是,你没有养宠物,是吗?

Yes and no. What do you mean by "pet"?

是也不是。你说的“宠物”是什么意思?

A pet is an animal that lives with you. People love their pets.

宠物是一种与你生活在一起的动物。人们喜欢他们的宠物。

Ashley said, you don't have a pet, do you?

阿什莉说,你没有养宠物,是吗?

She used a tag question, a small question at the end of the sentence. Let's look for more of them!

她在句尾用了一个附加疑问句,一个小疑问句。让我们寻找更多附加疑问句吧!

Look, a pet! Who's this cute little dog?

看,一只宠物!这只可爱的小狗是谁?

Oh, right. You haven't met my dog, have you? This is Dublin.

哦,对了。你还没见过我的狗,对吧?这是达布林。

Hi, Dublin! Nice to meet you. He's so cute!

嗨,达布林!很高兴认识你。他太可爱了!

Thanks! So, tell me about the state fair.

谢谢!那么,跟我讲讲州博览会吧。

There were the usual things--fair food, cute babies, music.

有一些很常见——美食、可爱的婴儿、音乐。

But there must have been a dozen different contests! And some were pretty strange.

但肯定有十几场不同的比赛!有些比赛是很奇怪的。

There was a contest to see who could spit a watermelon seed the farthest.

有一场比赛是看谁能把西瓜籽吐得最远。

You should have seen all the people who wanted to spit a watermelon seed!

你真应该看看所有想吐西瓜籽的人!

And, it was pretty fun to watch. But Ashley, the pet contests were the best.

而且,看起来很有趣。但是阿什莉,宠物比赛是最棒的。

First, there was a pet parade. Lots of people walked with their dogs.

首先,有一场宠物游行。很多人带着他们的狗走。

That sounds so fun. But Anna, tell me, how did you win a pet contest without a pet?

听起来很有趣。但是安娜,告诉我,你是怎么在没有宠物的情况下赢得宠物比赛的?

Okay, the closest thing I have is my pet rock.

好吧,我最亲近的东西就是我的宠物石头。

I know it's silly, but I've had it since I was a little girl.

我知道这很傻,但我从小就有了这块石头。

So, for a joke, I brought it to the fair.

所以,我把它带到博览会上只是闹着玩的。

But then I was invited to enter the "One-of-Kind Pet" contest. And I won!

但后来我被邀请参加“独一无二的宠物”大赛。我赢了!

Anna, only you could have won a pet contest with a pet rock.

安娜,只有你才能用一块宠物石头赢得宠物比赛。

I should have brought Dublin. He would've won a contest!

我本应该带达布林去参加比赛的。他会赢得比赛的!

It's not very easy to win one of these. Does he have a costume?

要赢得其中的一场比赛并不容易。他有服装吗?

They had a costume contest. You should have seen this little girl.

他们举行了一场服装比赛。你真该看看这个小女孩。

She and her dog wore matching princess costumes!

她和她的狗穿着相配的公主服装!

Dublin doesn't wear costumes.

达布林不穿服装。

Does he know any tricks?

他有绝活吗?

Come this way. Now, watch this.

请到这边来。现在,看这个。

One more.

再来一个。

You caught it, Dublin! And you killed it! Good dog!

你接住了,达布林!你接住了!好狗狗!

Ashley, he could have won the Best Catch contest!

阿什莉,他本可以赢得最佳接球大赛的!

Aw, good boy! Ashley, pets are fun, aren't they?

哦,好狗狗!阿什莉,宠物很有趣,不是吗?

Yes. And they become part of your family.

是的。他们会成为你家庭的一部分。

Ashley, I think I want a dog. No. I know I want a dog!

阿什莉,我觉得我想要一只狗。不。我知道我想要一只狗!

It's a big responsibility. You may want to spend time with a dog first.

这是一个很大的责任。首先你可能需要花时间和狗待在一起。

That is a great idea. But where can I find a dog?

这是个好主意。但是我在哪里可以找到狗呢?

You know, Anna, I have some shopping to do.

安娜,你知道,我要去买点东西。

Do you want to watch Dublin for a couple of hours?

你想看达布林几个小时吗?

Yes! I would! I will take very good care of him!

是的!我愿意!我会好好照顾他的!

I know you will. Here's his leash.

我知道你会。这是他的皮带。

Thank you.

谢谢。

Okay, I'll miss you!

好的,我会想你的!

Aw. I don't want you to be lonely. Here, Rocky can stay with you.

哦。我不想让你感到孤单。给你,洛奇可以和你待在一起。

Anna, I really don't need … Okay. Thanks, Anna.

安娜,我真的不需要……好吧。谢谢,安娜。

Sure. Bye, Ashley. Come on, Dublin! Bye, Rocky!

不客气。再见,阿什莉。走吧,达布林!再见,洛奇!

Bye!

再见!

Anna's rock is cute, isn't it?

安娜的石头很可爱,不是吗?

Oh, there is another tag question! You found some more, didn't you?

哦,又一个附加疑问句!你又找到了一些,不是吗?

You haven't met my dog, have you?

你还没见过我的狗,对吧?

Go to the VOA Learning English website to learn more.

请登录VOA慢速英语网站了解更多信息。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
costume ['kɔstju:m]

想一想再看

n. 服装,剧装
vt. 提供服装,为 ...

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
contest ['kɔntest,kən'test]

想一想再看

n. 竞赛,比赛
vt. 竞赛,争取

联想记忆
rocky ['rɔki]

想一想再看

adj. 岩石的,像岩石的,坚硬的,麻木的,困难重重的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。