Hello! I'm John Russell.
大家好!我是约翰·拉塞尔。
Part of accent reduction involves learning to link certain words in certain ways.
正音的一个方式是学习以特定的方式连读某些单词。
Let's explore how you can improve your ability to link words by developing the skill of self-monitoring--learning how to tell if what you are saying is clear and understandable.
我们来探索一下如何通过培养自我监控的技能(学习如何判断你所说的话是否清晰易懂)来提高你连读的能力。
Start by reading and listening to a sentence.
首先,读和听一个句子。
Like this: This is an unusual situation. This is an unusual situation.
比如:这是一种不寻常的情况。这是一种不寻常的情况。
You can mark where you hear linking, like this:
你可以在听到连读的地方做标记,如视频所示:
Next, listen again to your sentence: This is an unusual situation. This is an unusual situation.
接下来,再听一遍句子:这是一种不寻常的情况。这是一种不寻常的情况。
Then record yourself saying the sentence.
然后录下自己读的这句话。
Compare your recording to the audio file of the native speaker.
将你的录音与母语人士的音频文件进行比较。
Now, imagine I did not do the same linking as the native speaker did.
现在,想象一下我没有像母语人士那样连读。
What would this sound like?
这听起来像什么?
This is an unusual situation. This is an unusual situation.
这是一种不寻常的情况。这是一种不寻常的情况。
Notice that in the second recording, I was not doing the same linking.
注意,在第二段录音中,我没有像母语人士那样连读。
I kept space between some words.
我在一些单词之间留了空间。
The goal is to match the linking exactly.
目标是精确匹配连读。
You might have to record and compare yourself many times while doing this exercise.
在做这个练习的时候,你可能需要录音和比较很多次。
But it will be very helpful for your long-term language development.
但这将会对你的长期语言发展非常有帮助。
Over time, you will develop your ear and be able to self-monitor--know when you are doing something correctly.
随着时间的推移,你的听力水平会改善,并能够自我监控——知道你什么时候读得正确。
That's all for today! Keep up the good work!
今天就到这里吧!继续努力!