Hi, John, what's on your mind today?
嗨,约翰,你今天想谈些什么?
Yesterday I went to the bank.
昨天我去了银行。
I put some money into my bank account.
我往我的银行账户里存了一些钱。
That's surprising. You historically haven't been very good about saving money.
这真让人惊讶。你以前可不太擅长存钱。
Well, I'm trying to change.
嗯,我正试着改变。
The trip to the bank made me think about a point of connection between money and grammar.
这次的银行之行让我想到了金钱和语法之间的一个联系。
Really? How so?
真的吗?怎么说?
We use a small group of nouns and verbs to talk about money.
我们使用一小部分名词和动词来谈论金钱。
We use these words in predictable ways in sentence patterns.
我们以可预测的方式在一些句型中使用这些词。
That's right. One sentence pattern that comes to mind is the transitive verb pattern.
没错。我能想到的一个句型就是及物动词句型。
The basic pattern is this:
它的基本句型是这样的:
subject plus transitive verb plus direct object.
主语加及物动词加直接宾语。
When we talk about money, this pattern is very common.
当我们谈论金钱时,这个句型非常常见。
Consider this example:
请看下例:
I saved money.
我存了钱。
The subject is "I", the transitive verb is "saved", and the direct object is the noun "money".
主语是“I”,及物动词是“saved”,直接宾语是名词“money”。
Consider this example. It follows the same pattern:
请看下个例子。它遵循相同的句型:
He spent $5.
他花了5美元。
You may have noticed that our two examples were in their past forms.
你可能已经注意到,我们的两个例子都是过去式。
"I saved money, "and "he spent $5."
“我存了钱”和“他花了5美元”。
We can change our verb form to talk about the present or future as well.
我们也可以通过改变动词形式来谈论现在或未来的事情。
So you might say, "John is spending money" or "John will save money."
所以你可能会说,“约翰正在花钱”或“约翰将要存钱”。
And that's Everyday Grammar TV.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。