n. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
您现在的位置: 首页 > 高中英语 > 高中听力 > 高中英语人教版全三册 > 高中英语人教版第一册听力 > 正文
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
Scene 2
第二场
The home of Mathilde and Pierre(P)Loisel,ten years before.
十年前,玛蒂尔德和皮埃尔的家。
P:Mathilde!I've got some wonderful news.
P:玛蒂尔德!我有个令人陶醉的消息,
We've been invited to the ball at the palace.
我们被邀请去参加宫廷舞会了。
M:It can't be true,Pirre
M:这不可能吧,皮埃尔!
P:But it is true. I was the only person in my office who was invited.
P:但这是真的,我是我们办公室受到邀请的唯一的人。
I've written to accept the invitation.
我已答复了,表示愿意接受邀请。
M:Oh,Pierre,how wonderful!But I don't think we can go.
M:哦,皮埃尔,真是太棒了!但是我觉得我们不能去。
I haven't got a evening dress for the ball!
我连一件去参加舞会的夜礼服都没有!
And a new dress costs over four hundred frances.
而一件新礼服价值要超过400法郎。
P:Four hundred! That's a lot of money.But,just this once.
P:400法郎!那是一大笔钱啊。可是,毕竟我们只有这样一次机会,
After all,this ball is very important.
而这次舞会非常重要。
M:But there's another thing, Pierre.I have no jewellery to wear
M:但是,还有一件事,皮埃尔。我没有佩带的首饰。
P:Does that matter? Can't you just wear a flower instead?
P:这碍什么事?你戴朵花不就可以了吗?
M:No,I couldn't do that.Everybody else will be wearing jewellery.
M:不行,这可不行。其他人都会佩带首饰。
I can't be the only woman who isn't wearing jewellery.
我不能成为唯一不佩带首饰的女人。
P:Can't you borrow some?Don't you have a friend who might lend you some?
P:那你一能借一些吗?你有没有可以借首饰的朋友?
M:Let me think. Maybe I could ask Jeanne.
M:我想想看。也许我可以问问让娜。
She married a man with a lot of money.
她嫁给了一个很有钱的人。
I'll go and see her on Friday after I get the new dress.
星期五我买了新衣服后去看看她。
- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: