1. work out: 解决;算出;实现;制定出;消耗完;弄懂
Work out a clear transition plan.
制定出一个清晰的交接计划。
We must work out our differences through dialogue and in a spirit of cooperation.
我们必须以合作精神进行对话,以此解决彼此之间的争议。
At first, no one could work out the secret message left by the dead person.
起先,没有人能弄懂死者留下的秘密留言。
2. burst into: 突然……起来
Maria looked at the picture, and then to my surprise she burst into shouts of laughter.
玛丽亚看那张画,接着让我吃惊的是,她突然哈哈大笑。
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.
在人生旅途之中,在某个时候,我们内心的火焰仿佛熄灭,这时有一个人走进我们的生命,我们内心的火焰重新点燃。
3. feel like: 想要
Sometimes I feel like this. Like…what the fuck are we DOING?
有时候我感觉有点像...“该死的,我们到底在做什么?”
And so we condition males in America not to cry whenever they feel like doing so.
所以每当美国的男性想要哭的时候,我们就训练他们憋住别哭。
Use it to remind yourself of why you want to stop, whenever you feel like smoking.
每当你想要吸烟的时候就用这张小纸片提醒你自己为什么不能吸。
4. phone it in(=take it for granted)视作理所当然的,phoning it in: 本意是以电话或电话留言的方式传递信息,后来引申为“报告” 在后来引申为“应付差使,没有真正投入”的意思。
5. tear apart: 撕开
But when a misunderstanding arises, their lifelong friendship suddenly threatens to tear apart.
然而一场误解的产生,让她们终生的友谊遭到崩解的威胁。
Miraculously the bullet did not hit my brain or my spinal cord. It did, however, tear apart my mouth and face.
出乎意料的是,子弹并没有击中我的大脑或者我的脊柱,但它还是撕开了我的嘴部和面部。