Just listen, will you? replied Godfrey angrily, if you aren’t too drunk to understand!
"如果还没醉得听不懂话你就好好听着!"戈弗雷生气地说, "
You must pay me back the money I lent you last month.
你必须把我上个月借给你的钱还给我。
You know I got it from Fowler, of Church Farm.
你知道我是从教堂农场的福勒那里拿的钱,
He owed the money to the Squire, and asked me to give it to him.
他这些钱是欠咱们父亲的, 他让我把这钱还给父亲。
Now the Squire is angry with Fowler for not paying, and I’ve got to give the money back!
现在父亲以为福勒还没有还钱, 所以很生气, 我必须把钱还回去!"
Dunstan came close to Godfrey and smiled in an evil way.
邓斯坦走近戈弗雷阴险地笑了。"
Well, my dear kind brother, why don’t you find the money yourself?
好吧, 我亲爱的好心的哥哥, 你为什么不自己去找钱?
That would be much less trouble for me!
那就不会太麻烦我了!
Godfrey controlled himself with difficulty.
戈弗雷努力控制住自己。
Don’t smile at me like that, or I’ll hit you!
"别这么对我笑, 否则我揍你!"
Oh no, you won’t, answered Dunstan.
"不, 你不会, "邓斯坦回答,
Because if you do, I’ll tell the Squire your secret.
"因为如果你揍了我, 我就会向父亲告发你的秘密。