手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 囧司徒每日秀视频 > 正文

加强共和民主两党团结合作 共创美好未来

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

In Washington D.C., when it comes prioritizing social issues,

在华盛顿,一说到至关重要的社会问题,
democrats as always have the lead.
民主党人士依然一马当先。
We are working on ideas to reduce inequality, address poverty,
我们正在努力解决不公平,贫穷落后,
address climate change, address prison reform.
还有就是气候变化以及监狱改革问题。
Exactly. See, that is your issue, that is your guy's issue.
没错,这些是你们的问题。
And their biggest roadblock of all, of course, are republicans.
而他们的终极拦路虎,毫无疑问是共和党人士。
We want to reform prisons, too many nonviolent offenders are going to prison.
我们希望进行监狱改革,许多情节较轻的犯人也被送进了监狱。
Wait, you are working on prison reform?
等一下,你们要对监狱实施改革?
We are working on prison reform.
是的没错。
But you're um, you are a republican. That's right.
但你是共和党人。没错。

加强共和民主两党团结合作 共创美好未来

Wait a second, Billy Bob Thornton and Neera Tanden are supposed to disagree on everything.

等一下, 比利和尼拉应该是处处作对的啊。
But it turns out, Kibbe and Tanden are part of a new organization in Washington
但结果是,二人如今是一家华盛顿机构的成员,
whose sole mission is to, get this, solve problems by working together.
他们唯一的目的是通过合作解决问题。
It is all part of a complicated algorithm, step one, identify a problem,
这是一个非常复杂的运算法则,第一步是确立问题,
step 2, work together to solve the problem.
第二步是通力合作,解决问题。
Step 3, uh, yeah. That's pretty much it.
第三步是恩,就这么多了。
A huge expansion of mass incarceration is not helpful to anybody.
扩大监狱面积对我们而言没有好处。
The prison population has gone up some 780 percent in the last 20 years,
过去20年来,犯人数量增加了大约780%,
we are spending $80 billion a year, it is crazy.
每年花费是800亿美金,这太疯狂了。
I am having a problem here. Okay?
我有一个问题。
You are supposed to look at him and say, hey, you racist Reagan fluffing republican,
你应该看着他然后说,你这个充满种族主义色彩的共和党蠢货,
you are destroying this country.
你在摧毁这个国家。
Then you are supposed to look to her and say hey, guess what you hippy,
然后你看着她说,你个嬉皮士,
live in the real world and you slap him.
快醒醒吧,然后你打他的脸,
Then you start crying, you've collected the tears in a coffee cup, you splash it in her face.
然后你就开始哭,把眼泪放在咖啡杯里,然后泼她脸上。
That's the way this is supposed to go.
你们就应该这么做才对。
So who actually got these two together?
是谁让两人志同道合的?
Christine Leonard of the coalition for public safety.
是公共安全联盟克里斯丁·伦纳德。
It is exciting.
这是一件非常有趣的事。
One thing is that no one came to the table and said there is something that they won't work on.
其一,没有人站出来说他们不会肩并肩合作。
And so what we will be working on is systemic reform,
那么我们要做的是进行系统改革,
talking about how people end up in the prison system,
与入狱人员进行谈话,讲述他们入狱的原因,
talking about what happens to them when they end up there,
探讨他们入狱之后的一些情况,
thinking about how we can better help them return to their communities.
以及如何帮助他们走向社会。
Trevor, what are you doing? What are you doing?
特雷弗,你来这儿干嘛?在干嘛?
And, and find jobs.
以及就业问题。
Shh, let her finish. Sorry. Carry on.
别说话,让她说完。对不起,您继续。
And so all of us are really committed to working together
所以我们致力于共同合作,
to try and make improvements to strengthen the system for the country.
加强并改善我们的监狱体系。
Ask her a follow-up question.
问她一个问题。
Um, why did you feel that it was important to,
恩,你为什么觉得这个很重要,
If you say um, it sounds like you're not sure.
等一下,如果你说“恩”,会听起来你不是很确定。
So say um in your head and then say the question.
在脑子里说“恩”,但不要说出来,然后再问你的问题。
Cause if you say um it sounds like you didn't plan.
因为你说“恩”的话,听起来你没有准备。
This is Trevor. Sorry.
他是特雷弗。对不起。
He's the, he's going to be working on the show.
他也是这个节目的。
Um so democrats,
恩,所以民主党人士,
Um in your head. So democrats,
别把“恩”说出来,在脑子里想。所以,民主党人士,
You know, I was actually doing this really well before you were here.
你来之前,我做的已经很不错了。
So dem, it can always be better, though. It can always be better.
你可以做的更好,更好一些。
Democrats and republicans are now working together on prison reform.
民主党和共和党人士目前正在同心协力进行监狱改革。
Yes. We have all come together for a lot of different reasons
对的。我们走在一起的原因有许多,
but we are really committed to trying to,
但我们都致力于试着把它,
I can't do this. Just imagine I'm not here.
我没法做了,忽视我就好了。
Imagine I'm a viewer.
把我想做看客。
Just remember, um, in the head, in the head.
记住别把“恩”说出来,在心里想。
In the head. Got it.
在心里想,我知道了。
I'm sorry. You were saying?
抱歉,你刚才说什么?
Christine Leonard was on to something.
克里斯丁·伦纳德真的干了些事情。
Instead of this and this, democrats and republicans could work together.
没有了这些和那些,两党人士真的团结在了一起。
We hope maybe this will become a trend.
或许这能成为一种趋势。
What do you think? Give me a hashtag.
你认为呢?给我个主题标签。
Hashtag transpartisan. That might confuse people.
标签是跨越,这可能会让观众迷惑。
Hashtag cooperation. Exactly. Cooperate.
标签合作。没错,合作。
If they would just cooperate for a second, wait a minute. That's it. Cooperate.
如果他们只是合作一秒钟,等一下,合作!
Hashtag FUCO. It was time to drop a viral video and let the likes roll in.
标签“FUCO”。下面放送一首火爆视频,朋友们来点赞吧。
If I could have one wish, it would be this one.
如果我有个愿望,那一定是这一个。
I wish my elected representatives would get done.
希望民意代表能够完成使命。
We think if you just tried you could maybe get along and
如果你努力尝试,你就能够取得进展,
that is why we are launching hashtag FUCO with this song.
这就是我们发起“FUCO”,配上这段音乐的原因。
Won't you cooperate? Cooperate. Cooperate.
你们愿意合作吗?合作!合作!
Sure you are greedy, racist, sexist, selfish and corrupt, we know.
你自私贪婪,自私自利,贪污腐败,还知道你种族和性别歧视,这些我们都知道。
Can you be like princess Elsa and just let it go.
请你像埃尔莎公主一样,让这些都烟消云散吧。
I know it sounds kind of crazy. We know it is not the norm.
我知道这听起来很疯狂。还很不正常。
But if we all work together for just a wee bit of reform. Cooperate!
但如果我们能在改革上同心协力。合作!
Hear it on Facebook. Like it on twitter.
大家可以在“脸书”上观看。在“推特”上点赞。
Retweet me. Double tap me on Instagram.
请大家转发,在“Instagram”上点赞。
Swipe right on Tinder. Pin it to my Meerkat.
在“Tinder”上刷我,把我放在“Meerkat”上。
And please write your senator.
请大家给各自州的参议员写信。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
trend [trend]

想一想再看

n. 趋势,倾向,方位
vi. 倾向,转向

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
expansion [iks'pænʃən]

想一想再看

n. 扩大,膨胀,扩充

联想记忆
strengthen ['streŋθən]

想一想再看

v. 加强,变坚固

联想记忆
tinder ['tində]

想一想再看

n. 火绒,火种

联想记忆
address [ə'dres]

想一想再看

n. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧

 
issue ['iʃju:]

想一想再看

n. 发行物,期刊号,争论点
vi. & vt

 
reform [ri'fɔ:m]

想一想再看

v. 改革,改造,革新
n. 改革,改良

联想记忆
corrupt [kə'rʌpt]

想一想再看

adj. 腐败的,堕落的
vt. 使 ...

联想记忆
disagree [.disə'gri:]

想一想再看

v. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。