Hi guys, I'm Catie Wayne and this is Animalist News.
嗨,大家好,我是凯蒂·维恩,这里是动物王国。
Please, tell me you've seen this video.
请告诉我你看过这段视频。
Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. I can't even handle how cute this video is, and apparently neither can the rest of the internet.
哦天!哦天!哦天!这段视频实在太萌了,大家也一定会被萌翻的。
So naturally, this video is going viral.
所以当然,这段视频要火了。
Oh my Gosh, look at his chubby cheeks, how is he even doing that?
哦天哪,看看这胖嘟嘟小脸蛋,它是怎么做到那样的?
Well I'm here to tell you! And, actually the answer is a lot more obvious than I anticipated.
好吧,我来告诉你!事实上,答案比我预期的要明显得多。
Hamsters have flexible cheeks.
仓鼠的脸颊非常灵活。
Well guys, be sure to check out these videos over here and subscribe right here! I love you all.
好了,伙计们,你们一定要在这里观看这些视频并订阅!我爱你们。
What? No, I don't think they'll mind. Come on. Fine.
什么?不,我想它们不会介意的。来吧。好的。
Maybe a better question is "why is he doing that?"
或许问问“它为什么那样做?”才更好。
Hamsters store food in their cheeks, so they can save it for later!
仓鼠把食物储存在脸颊上,这样它们就可以将其保存,以备后用。
Even though it looks like this little hamster in the video is going to choke and die,
即使视频中的这只小仓鼠看起来快要噎死了,
Syrian hamsters are actually capable of carrying around half their body weight in food alone!
事实上,金丝熊(叙利亚仓鼠)可以独自携带约等于自身体重一半的食物!
That is so much food.
那可真不少。
Hamster cheeks are ideal for storing food because of their lack of salivary glands, and thus can keep food dry.
仓鼠的脸颊是储存食物的理想场所,因为它们唾液腺匮乏,可以保证食物干燥。
But sometimes because of this abscesses can form from food scraping their food pouch.
但有时也正因如此,所存储的食物会刮擦它们的食物袋,从而形成脓肿。
If your hamsters chubby cheeks are protruding even when he doesn't have food in his mouth, it might be time to take him to the vet.
如果你的仓鼠嘴里没有食物,脸颊仍胖胖地突出,可能就要带它去看看兽医了。
What is the largest amount of food you've ever eaten, be sure to let me know in the comments below!
你最大的进食量是多大?请在下面的评论中告诉我!