手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 柯登深夜秀 > 正文

柯登采访希拉里和其竞选伙伴

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Ladies and gentlemen, there is a lot—It is safe to say the big story this week is that

女士们先生们 最近有很多——本周最重大的事件莫过于
the democrat national convention kicked off today.
民主党的代表大会了
And it got off to a bumpy start after hackers released the contents of the democratic national committee's e-mail database. Right?
这次会议开始时有一些小插曲 因为黑客攻击并泄露了民主党全国委员会邮箱的数据库
Basically the DNC just replied all the entire country.
也就是说他们的邮件其实回复给了全国观众
But the DNC hack is bad news for democrats exposing an ugly rift within their own party.
邮件泄露事件表明了民主党内的巨大分歧 这不是什么好消息
But there is a bright spot here.
但也有好处
It's actually one of the first hacks in recent history with absolutely zero nude selfies.
这是近代历史上第一次邮箱遭泄露却没有任何裸照流出的黑客事件
None. So if you wondered what Bernie Sanders looks like naked, got to keep using your imagination.
完全没有 所以那些想看伯尼·桑德斯裸照的人 你们还是继续脑补吧
But experts are actually saying that the hack was perpetrated by the Russians, right?
但也有专家说这次黑客攻击的幕后黑手是俄罗斯
I've got to say, Russia is not as scary as they used to be.
不得不说 俄罗斯不再像以前那么恐怖了
Russia used to be like we will drop nuclear bombs on you.
以前他们总是威胁说我要往美国丢核弹
And now Russia is like, we will read your e-mails and show them to people.
现在他们说 我要来看你们的邮件 还要把邮件泄露给全世界看
Terrible accent, I know.
我知道这个口音学的不行
But you know there's still a lot of love about the democratic national convention.
但你们知道吗 民主党全国委员会还是有些看头的
It is going to be star-studded, ladies and gentlemen, teen actress
因为它简直是众星云集 女士们先生们 青年女演员
Chloe Grace Moretz is going to be speaking, yeah, which will help, you know—
克洛伊·格蕾丝·莫瑞兹将会到场发言 是的 这将会——
Yeah, a ripple indeed, she is to help connect with that key demographic, people who are too young to vote.
对 确实是个谜 她会将那些太小还没有选举权的人们跟民主党联系起来
Not only that, it's been confirmed that DJ Jazzy Jeff is going to be there, yup, yeah, yeah.
不仅如此 现在已经确认DJ爵士杰夫也会到场是的
He's going to be promoting his platform make America fresh again. He's not even a democrat.
他会推广他的平台 让美国再次充满活力而他本人甚至不是民主党人
The convention center was just built on top of the playground where he spent most of his days.
会议中心就建在操场上方 他在那里呆了很久

柯登采访希拉里和其竞选伙伴.png

But really, this convention is all about Hillary Clinton and her VP pick Tim Kaine.

但说真的 这场会议主要还是关于希拉里·克林顿和她的竞选伙伴蒂姆·凯恩
And last night they gave full access to CBS.
昨天晚上他们接受了CBS的采访
They did an interview with 60 minutes which I'm sure a lot of you probably saw.
他们跟新闻60分栏目进行了对话 我相信很多人已经看过了
But what you don't know is right after they spoke with 60 minutes, they sat down with sweet baby James. Take a look.
但你们不知道的是 他们从新闻60分出来后 还跟小甜心詹姆斯也就是我聊了聊 一起来看
Welcome secretary Clinton, senator Kaine.
欢迎克林顿部长还有凯恩议员
Hillary, you're the second first lady I have talked to in the past few weeks.
希拉里 你是我在这几周内第二位对话过的第一夫人
What do you think of my singing with Michelle Obama and Missy Elliott.
你觉得我跟米歇尔·奥巴马还有艾略特女士的歌唱的怎么样
Well, I didn't hear it because I wasn't watching. But I certainly heard about it.
我每听 因为我没看这个节目 但我确实听说过
Well, you could have just lied, because they said it was good, it's no big deal.
你可能是在撒谎 因为很多人说这节目还不错 不过没关系 不是什么大事
Thank you. That is intern Jessica, she is great.
谢谢 这是实习生杰西卡 她很不错
So if you get elected, you need to get some interns like her.
如果你当了总统 你也要找几个跟她一样的实习生
That is one lesson I have learned the hard way and there will not be any such thing in the White House.
我付出了惨痛的代价猜得出这个教训 白宫中绝对不能出现这样的事
So you just announced Tim here as your running mate. What was the ultimate quality that made him stand out?
你刚宣布由蒂姆来做你的竞选伙伴 是什么让蒂姆脱颖而出呢
He plays a mean harmonica.
他口琴吹得很烂
Right, but what are the skills that you looked for that makes you think that Tim is prepared to step in as president?
好吧 那是他身上有什么技能让你觉得他可以当上总统呢
Well, I will be the president.
我会成为总统
Right, no, I know that you would be the president.
不是 我知道你有可能会当上总统
I will be the president.
我会成为总统
It is not a guarantee, after the republican convention, Donald Trump got a bump in the polls.
现在还没有定数呢 共和党会议之后 唐纳德·特朗普的票数大幅上涨
And the race is a dead heat. Doesn't that worry you?
这场竞争现在已经到白热化阶段了 你不担心吗
Well, no, because I will be the president.
不担心 因为我会成为总统
Okay, let's move on. Let's try a bit of word association.
好吧 下个问题 我们来玩个词语关联的游戏
You tell me the first thing that comes to mind when I say climate change. I will be the president.
我说气候变化 你告诉我你脑海里出现的第一个词 我会成为总统
Wall street reform. I will be the president.
华尔街改革 我会成为总统
Diplomatic relations with. President.
外交关系 总统
I didn't even finish the question yet.
我还没问完呢
Right, funny. You know what, this is the reason why people don't like you.
真有趣 这就是人们不喜欢你的原因了
Well, no, because I will be the president.
不是 因为我会成为总统
That's it, I'm out of here. I will be the president.
就这样吧 我走了 我会成为总统

重点单词   查看全部解释    
ripple ['ripl]

想一想再看

n. 涟波,涟漪,波纹,粗钢梳 vt. 使 ... 起涟

联想记忆
quality ['kwɔliti]

想一想再看

n. 品质,特质,才能
adj. 高品质的

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
hack [hæk]

想一想再看

n. 劈,砍,出租马车 v. 劈,砍,干咳

 
confirmed [kən'fə:md]

想一想再看

adj. 习惯的,积习的,确认过的,证实的 动词conf

 
announced [ə'naunst]

想一想再看

宣布的

 
convention [kən'venʃən]

想一想再看

n. 大会,协定,惯例,公约

联想记忆
democratic [.demə'krætik]

想一想再看

adj. 民主的,大众的,平等的

联想记忆
senator ['senətə]

想一想再看

n. 参议员

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。