手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

漂浮城市、乐高屋等未来建筑形式

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

My mom has always reminded me that I have the same proportions as a LEGO man.

我妈妈总是提醒我,我的体型比例跟乐高玩具人一样。
And she does actually have a point.
她说的确实有道理。
LEGO is a company that has succeeded in making everybody believe that LEGO is from their home country.
乐高是一家成功说服人们相信乐高来自他们祖国的公司。
But it's not, it's from my home country.
但其实不是,乐高来自我的祖国。
So you can imagine my excitement when the LEGO family called me and asked us to work with them to design the Home of the Brick.
所以你能想象得到,当乐高叫我跟他们一起,设计积木家园时,我有多么兴奋。
This is the architectural model -- we built it out of LEGO, obviously.
这是一个建筑模型--当然啦,我们是用乐高建的。
This is the final result.
这是成品的样子。
And what we tried to do was to design a building that would be as interactive and as engaging and as playful as LEGO is itself,
我们试图做的是设计一栋跟乐高本身一样具有互动性、吸引人和好玩的建筑,
with these kind of interconnected playgrounds on the roofscape.
屋顶上还有串起来的游乐场。
You can enter a square on the ground where the citizens of Billund can roam around freely without a ticket.
你可以进入一个广场,比隆的市民可以在那自由漫步,无需门票。
And it's probably one of the only museums in the world where you're allowed to touch all the artifacts.
这可能是世界上唯一一个可以触摸所有工艺品的博物馆。
But the Danish word for design is "formgivning," which literally means to give form to that which has not yet been given form.
丹麦语中的设计是“formgiving”(赋形)的意思,它的字面意思是将未被赋予形状的东西赋予形状。
In other words, to give form to the future.
换句话说,给未来以形状。
And what I love about LEGO is that LEGO is not a toy.
我钟爱乐高的原因在于乐高不是一个玩具。
It's a tool that empowers the child to build his or her own world,
它是一种鼓舞儿童建造自己世界的工具,
and then to inhabit that world through play and to invite her friends to join her in cohabiting and cocreating that world.
然后居住在那个世界中,玩耍和邀请朋友一起加入、生活并共同创造。
And that is exactly what formgivning is. As human beings, we have the power to give form to our future.
这就是赋形的确实含义。作为人类,我们有能力为我们的未来赋形。
Inspired by LEGO, we've built a social housing project in Copenhagen, where we stacked blocks of wood next to each other.
受乐高启发,我们在哥本哈根建立了一个社会住房项目,我们把一块块的木头堆在一起。
Between them, they leave spaces with extra ceiling heights and balconies.
之间留有额外的天花板高度和阳台空间。
And by gently wiggling the blocks, we can actually create curves or any organic form, adapting to any urban context.
通过轻轻地摇动积木,我们可以创造出曲线或者任何有机的形状,以适应任何城市环境。
Because adaptability is probably one of the strongest drivers of architecture.
因为适应性可能是建筑最强大的驱动力之一。
Another example is here in Vancouver.
另一个例子在温哥华。
We were asked to look at the site where Granville bridge triforks as it touches downtown.
我们被要求留意格兰维尔大桥与市中心交接的地方。
And we started, like, mapping the different constraints.
我们开始留意各种约束条件。
There's like a 100-foot setback from the bridge
例如,需要与大桥之间留足100英尺,
because the city want to make sure that no one looks into the traffic on the bridge.
因为市政府想确保人们看不到桥上的交通。
There's a park where we can't cast any shadows.
还有一个公园,我们不能在其中投下任何阴影。
So finally, we're left with a tiny triangular footprint, almost too small to build.
所以最后,给我们留下的是很小的三角形地带,几乎小到无法建造任何建筑。
But then we thought, like, what if the 100-foot minimum distance is really about minimum distance
但然后我们想,如果100英尺的最近距离实际上是关于最近距离,
once we get 100 feet up in the air, we can grow the building back out. And so we did.
一旦到了100英尺高的地方,我们就能把大楼再恢复回来。所以我们这样做了。
When you drive over the bridge, it's as if someone is pulling a curtain aback, welcoming you to Vancouver.
当你驾车驶过大桥,这就好像有人拉开了舞台幕布,欢迎您到温哥华来。
Or a like a weed growing through the cracks in the pavement and blossoming as it gets light and air.
或像杂草般从人行道的缝隙中生长,在阳光和空气中绽放。
Underneath the bridge, we've worked with Rodney Graham and a handful of Vancouver artists,
在桥的下方,我们与罗德尼·格雷厄姆和一些温哥华艺术家合作,
to create what we called the Sistine Chapel of street art, an art gallery turned upside down,
创建了“西斯廷街头艺术教堂”,一个上下颠倒的艺术画廊,
that tries to turn the negative impact of the bridge into a positive.
我们希望把这座桥的负面影响变成积极的影响。
So even if it looks like this kind of surreal architecture, it's highly adapted to its surroundings.
所以它即使看起来像超现实主义的建筑,它依然能高度适应它周围的环境。
So if a bridge can become a museum, a museum can also serve as a bridge.
如果一座桥可以成为一个博物馆,一个博物馆也可以成为一座桥。
In Norway, we are building a museum that spans across a river
在挪威,我们正在建造一座横跨一条河的博物馆,
and allows people to sort of journey through the exhibitions as they cross from one side of a sculpture park to the other.
可以让人们从雕塑公园的一边就像穿越展览一样走到另一边。
An architecture sort of adapted to its landscape.
这是一种与当地景观相呼应的建筑。
In China, we built a headquarters for an energy company and we designed the facade like an Issey Miyake fabric.
在中国,我们建造了一家能源公司总部,把立面设计成类似三宅一生的风格。
It's rippled, so that facing the predominant direction of the sun, it's all opaque;
它是波纹状的,主要朝着向阳面,外表全都是不透明的;
facing away from the sun, it's all glass.
太阳背面,则全是玻璃。
On average, it sort of transitions from solid to clear.
总体来说,这是一种从不透明到透明的过渡。
And this very simple idea without any moving parts or any sort of technology,
这是个非常简单的想法,没有任何移动部件或者任何技术,
purely because of the geometry of the facade, reduces the energy consumption on cooling by 30 percent.
全部利用立面的几何形状,夏天能节约30%的降温能源消耗。
So you can say what makes the building look elegant is also what makes it perform elegantly.
所以你可以说让这个建筑看起来优雅的原因也是让它的性能优雅的原因所在。
It's an architecture that is adapted to its climate.
这是一种适应气候的架构。
You can also adapt one culture to another, like in Manhattan,
你也可以让一种文化适应另外一种,就像在曼哈顿,
we took the Copenhagen courtyard building with a social space
我们选择哥本哈根式庭院建筑,它有一个社交空间,
where people can hang out in this kind of oasis in the middle of a city,
人们可以在城市中心的这种绿洲中闲逛,
and we combined it with the density and the verticality of an American skyscraper,
我们把它与美国摩天大楼的密度和垂直度结合起来,
creating what we've called a "courtscraper."
创造了我们所说的“庭院刮刀”。
From New York to Copenhagen.
从纽约再到哥本哈根。
On the waterfront of Copenhagen, we are right now finishing this waste-to-energy power plant.
在哥本哈根的海滨,我们快要完成这个废物转化能源的发电厂。
It's going to be the cleanest waste-to-energy power plant in the world, there are no toxins coming out of the chimney.
它将成为世界上最清洁的废物转化能源的发电厂,没有有害气体会从烟囱中出来。
An amazing marvel of engineering that is completely invisible.
一个完全注意不到的工程奇迹。
So we thought, how can we express this?
所以我们想,我们可以如何表达这点?
And in Copenhagen we have snow, as you can see, but we have absolutely no mountains.
在哥本哈根,我们有雪,如你所见,但这边没有高山。
We have to go six hours by bus to get to Sweden, to get alpine skiing.
我们必须坐六个小时的公共汽车去瑞典滑雪。
So we thought, let's put an alpine ski slope on the roof of the power plant.
于是我们想,让我们在发电厂的屋顶上建一个高山滑雪坡。
So this is the first test run we did a few months ago.
这是我们几个月前做的第一次测试。
And what I like about this is that it also show you the sort of world-changing power of formgivning.
我喜欢的是它也向你展示了一种改变世界的力量。
I have a five-month-old son,
我有个五个月大的孩子,
and he's going to grow up in a world not knowing that there was ever a time when you couldn't ski on the roof of the power plant.
他长大以后并不会知道曾经人们无法在发电厂的屋顶上滑雪。
So imagine for him and his generation, that's their baseline.
所以去想象下,这会是他和他们这一代人理解的底线。
Imagine how far they can leap, what kind of wild ideas they can put forward for their future.
想象一下他们能够飞跃多远,他们能为未来提出多么疯狂的想法。
So right in front of it, we're building our smallest project.
就在它前面,我们正在构建我们最小的项目。
It's basically nine containers that we have stacked in a shipyard in Poland,
我们在波兰的船坞堆放了9个集装箱,
then we've schlepped it across the Baltic sea and docked it in the port of Copenhagen,
然后把它拖过波罗的海停靠在哥本哈根港口,
where it is now the home of 12 students.
这里现在是12个学生的家。
Each student has a view to the water,
每个学生都有窗户对着海,
they can jump out the window into the clean port of Copenhagen, and they can get back in.
他们可以从窗户跳到海水清澈的哥本哈根港口,也可以从水中回到房间里。
All of the heat comes from the thermal mass of the sea, all the power comes from the sun.
所有的热量都来自海洋,所有的能量都来自太阳。
This is the first 12 units in Copenhagen, another 60 on their way, another 200 are going to Gothenburg,
这是哥本哈根的首批12个单元,还有60个在路上,另外200个将会出现在哥德堡,
and we're speaking with the Paris Olympics to put a small floating village on the Seine.
我们正在与巴黎奥运会商谈在塞纳河上放一个漂浮的小村庄。
So very much this kind of, almost like nomadic, impermanent architecture.
非常像游牧式的、非永久性建筑。
And the waterfronts of our cities are experiencing a lot of change.
我们城市的海岸线正在经历着巨大的变化。
Economic change, industrial change and climate change.
经济变化,行业变化和气候变化。
This is Manhattan before Hurricane Sandy, and this is Manhattan after Sandy.
这是飓风桑迪过境前的曼哈顿,这是之后的曼哈顿。
We got invited by the city of New York to look if we could make the necessary flood protection for Manhattan
纽约市邀请了我们,看看是否能为曼哈顿提供必要的防洪措施,
without building a seawall that would segregate the life of the city from the water around it.
在不修建海堤的前提下,将城市与周围水域隔离开。
And we got inspired by the High Line.
我们受到了高线公园的启发。
You probably know the High Line -- it's this amazing new park in New York.
你可能听过高线公园--它是纽约一座了不起的新公园。
It's basically decommissioned train tracks that now have become one of the most popular promenades in the city.
它曾经是一片废弃的铁轨,现在已经成为城市中最受欢迎的步行街之一。
So we thought, could we design the necessary flood protection for Manhattan
于是我们想,我们能不能为曼哈顿设计必要的防洪设施,
so we don't have to wait until we shut it down before it gets nice?
这样就不需要等到(潮水来了)不得不关闭它后才让情况得到改善?

漂浮城市、乐高屋等未来建筑形式

So we sat down with the citizens living along the waterfront of New York,

于是我们和住在纽约海滨的市民们展开了讨论,
and we worked with them to try to design the necessary flood protection
试图和他们一起努力设计必要的防洪设施,
in such a way that it only makes their waterfront more accessible and more enjoyable.
用一种更容易接近海滨,更令人愉快的方式。
Underneath the FDR, we are putting, like, pavilions with pocket walls that can slide out and protect from the water.
在罗斯福路下,我们铺设了带有滑槽的景观墙,可以阻止潮水。
We are creating little stepped terraces that are going to make the underside more enjoyable,
我们加建了小阶梯,增加了整个设计的趣味性,
but also protect from flooding.
同时也可以防止洪水涌入市内。
Further north in the East River Park, we are creating rolling hills that protect the park from the noise of the highway,
往北到东河公园,我们设计了小小的坡度,以让公园不受高速公路噪音的影响,
but in turn also become the necessary flood protection that can stop the waves during an incoming storm surge.
但同时也是必要的防洪设施,可以在即将到来的风暴潮中阻止海浪。
So in a way, this project that we have called the Dryline, it's essentially the High Line...
我们把这个项目称作“干线计划”,它其实是高线...
The High Line that's going to keep Manhattan dry.
让曼哈顿保持干燥的高线。
It's scheduled to break ground on the first East River portion at the end of this year.
在东河的第一部分计划在今年年底破土动工。
But it has essentially been codesigned with the citizens of Lower Manhattan
它是与曼哈顿下城居民联合设计的项目,
to take all of the necessary infrastructure for resilience and give it positive social and environmental side effects.
利用了一切必要的基础设施以提高其抵御破坏的能力,并赋予其积极的社会和环境作用。
So, New York is not alone in facing this situation.
纽约并非面临该问题的个例。
In fact, by 2050, 90 percent of the major cities in the world are going to be dealing with rising seas.
事实上,到2050年,世界上90%的主要城市都要应对上升的海平面问题。
In Hamburg, they've created a whole neighborhood where the bottom floors are designed to withstand the inevitable flood.
在汉堡市,他们创造了一个完整的社区,底层的设计就是为了抵御不可避免的洪水。
In Sweden, they've designed a city where all of the parks are wet gardens,
在瑞典,他们设计了一个城市,所有的公园都是湿地花园,
designed to deal with storm water and waste water. So we thought, could we perhaps...
设计用于处理雨水和废水。所以我们想,我们也许可以...
Actually, today, three million people are already permanently living on the sea.
其实,今天,300万人已经永久生活在海上。
So we thought, could we actually imagine a floating city
所以我们想,能构思出一个漂浮的城市,
designed to incorporate all of the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations into a whole new human-made ecosystem.
将联合国所有的可持续发展目标纳入这个全新的人造生态系统吗?
And of course, we have to design it so it can produce its own power, harvesting the thermal mass of the oceans,
当然,我们得把它设计为电力自给自足,收集海洋的热量,
the force of the tides, of the currents, of the waves, the power of the wind, the heat and the energy of the sun.
潮汐,洋流,波浪的力量,还有风力,太阳的热量和能源。
Also, we are going to collect all of the rain water that drops on this man-made archipelago
此外,我们还要收集这个人造群岛上的所有雨水,
and deal with it organically and mechanically and store it and clean it.
以有机和机械的方式处理、储存和清洁它。
We have to grow all of our food locally, it has to be fish- and plant-based,
我们所有的食物都得当地培育,原材料只能是鱼类和植物,
because you won't have the space or the resources for a dairy diet.
因为你没有足够的空间和资源来制造乳制品。
And finally, we are going to deal with all the waste locally, with compost, recycling, and turning the waste into energy.
最后,我们要在本地处理所有的废物,用降解、回收和变废为能源的方式。
So imagine where a traditional urban master plan,
想象一下在传统的城市总体规划中,
you typically draw the street grid where the cars can drive and the building plots where you can put some buildings.
你通常会画出汽车可以行驶的街道网格和可以放些建筑的建筑地块。
This master plan, we sat down with a handful of scientists
我们跟一些科学家一起设立的这个总体规划,
and basically started with all of the renewable, available natural resources,
是从所有可再生的、可用的自然资源开始,
and then we started channeling the flow of resources through this kind of human-made ecosystem or this kind of urban metabolism.
然后我们开始通过这种人造的生态系统或城市新陈代谢来引导资源的流动。
So it's going to be modular, it's going to be buoyant, it's going to be designed to resist a tropical storm.
所以它是模块化的,可漂浮,要被设计来抵御热带风暴。
You can prefabricate it at scale, and tow it to dock with others, to form a small community.
你可以按比例预制,然后把它拖到码头上,形成一个小社区。
We're designing these kind of coastal additions,
我们正在设计这种沿海的附加设施,
so that even if it's modular and rational, each island can be unique with its own coastal landscape.
即使它是模块化和合理化的,每个岛屿都有自己独特的海岸景观。
The architecture has to remain relatively low to keep the center of gravity buoyant.
整个建筑结构必须保持相对较低的高度,以保持中心浮力。
We're going to take all of the agriculture and use it to also create social space
我们将利用所有的农业资源来创造社交空间,
so you can actually enjoy the permaculture gardens.
这样你就能真正享受到永续农业花园。
We're designing it for the tropics, so all of the roofs are maximized to harvest solar power and to shade from the sun.
这一设计是针对热带地区,所以所有的屋顶都面积最大化来收集太阳能并用来遮阴。
All the materials are going to be light and renewable, like bamboo and wood,
所有的材料都得轻便和可再生,比如竹子和木头,
which is also going to create this charming, warm environment.
这也将创造一个迷人的、温暖的环境。
And any architecture is supposed to be able to fit on this platform.
任何架构都应该能适应这个平台。
Underneath we have all the storage inside the pontoon,
在下面,我们在浮筒里存储所有东西,
almost like a mega version of the student housings that we've already worked with.
就像我们已经做过的学生宿舍的超大版本。
We have all the storage for the energy that's produced, all of the water storage and remediation.
我们有储存产生出来的所有能源以及水源的贮备装置。
We are sort of dealing with all of the waste and the composting.
我们要处理所有的垃圾和堆肥。
And we also have some backup farming with aeroponics and hydroponics.
我们也有一些用雾培和水培的备份农业。
So imagine almost like a vertical section through this landscape that goes from the air above, where we have vertical farms;
可以想象到一下这片土地的垂直结构,最上面的空中有垂直农场;
below, we have the aeroponics and the aquaponics.
下面则有雾培和水培生态系统。
Even further below, we have the ocean farms and where we tie the island to the ground,
再往下,我们有海洋农场,在那里我们把小岛与陆地紧绑,
we're using biorock to create new reefs to regenerate habitat.
我们正在利用生物砖创造新的珊瑚礁,使栖息地再生。
So think of this small island for 300 people.
试想一下这是300个人的小岛屿。
It can then group together to form a cluster or a neighborhood
可以群聚形成一组街区,
that then can sort of group together to form an entire city for 10,000 people.
继而形成能容纳1万人的整个城市。
And you can imagine if this floating city flourishes, it can sort of grow like a culture in a petri dish.
你可以想象得到,如果这个漂浮城市繁荣起来,就会像培养皿中的菌群一样生长。
So one of the first places we are looking at placing this, or anchoring this floating city, is in the Pearl River delta.
所以我们最先考虑到把这个漂浮的城市锚定下来的地方,是在珠江三角洲。
So imagine this kind of canopy of photovoltaics on this archipelago floating in the sea.
想象一下这个群岛上漂浮着的光伏树冠。
As you sail towards the island, you will see the maritime residents moving around on alternative forms of aquatic transportation.
当你向小岛航行时,你会看到海上居民用水上交通工具四处走动。
You come into this kind of community port.
你来到这个社区港口。
You can roam around in the permaculture gardens that are productive landscapes, but also social landscapes.
你可以在永续农业花园中漫步,这是生产景观,也是社交景观。
The greenhouses also become orangeries for the cultural life of the city,
温室也成为城市文化生活的建筑功能,
and below, under the sea, it's teeming with life of farming and science and social spaces.
在下面,在海水里面,充满了农耕、科学和社会空间的生活景象。
So in a way, you can imagine this community port is where people gather, both by day and by night.
所以某种程度上,你可以想象这个社区港口是人们日日夜夜聚集的场所。
And even if the first one is designed for the tropics, we also imagine that the architecture can adapt to any culture,
即便最初的一个社区是为热带地区设计的,我们也觉得这个架构可以适应任何文化,
so imagine, like, a Middle Eastern floating city or Southeast Asian floating city or maybe a Scandinavian floating city one day.
所以想象一下,比如一座中东漂浮城市或者东南亚漂浮之城,亦或一座斯堪的纳维亚的漂浮城市。
So maybe just to conclude. The human body is 70 percent water.
我来总结一下。人类身体中70%是水。
And the surface of our planet is 70 percent water. And it's rising.
我们星球表面的70%也是水。海水正在上升。
And even if the whole world woke up tomorrow and became carbon-neutral over night,
即便人类一觉醒来,地球一夜之间变成了碳中性,
there are still island nations that are destined to sink in the seas,
仍然有很多的岛国注定要沉入海底,
unless we also develop alternate forms of floating human habitats.
除非我们也能开发出另一种形式的浮动人类栖息地。
And the only constant in the universe is change.
宇宙中唯一的永恒是变化。
Our world is always changing, and right now, our climate is changing.
我们的世界一直在变化,现在,我们的气候也在变化。
No matter how critical the crisis is, and it is, this is also our collective human superpower.
不管这个危机是多么重大,确实极为重大,凝聚了人类的超级力量。
That we have the power to adapt to change and we have the power to give form to our future.
我们有能力适应变化,并且我们拥有能力去为打造未来。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
transportation [.trænspə'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 运输,运输系统,运输工具

联想记忆
unique [ju:'ni:k]

想一想再看

adj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的

联想记忆
ceiling ['si:liŋ]

想一想再看

n. 天花板,上限

联想记忆
tropical ['trɔpikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 热带的,炎热的,热带植物的

 
delta ['deltə]

想一想再看

n. (河流的)三角洲

 
dealing ['di:liŋ]

想一想再看

n. 经营方法,行为态度
(复数)dealin

 
compost ['kɔmpɔst]

想一想再看

n. 混合肥料,堆肥 vt. 使成堆肥

 
surge [sə:dʒ]

想一想再看

n. 汹涌,澎湃
v. 汹涌,涌起,暴涨

联想记忆
environment [in'vaiərənmənt]

想一想再看

n. 环境,外界

 
essentially [i'senʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 本质上,本来

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。