手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

为什么夜空中的星星会动?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

So this one’s Ursa Major, and the smaller one over here, that’s Ursa Minor.

这个是大熊座,这个小一点的是小熊座。

Wow, those are really beautiful.

哇,这些真的很漂亮。

Hey there!

嘿,你们好!

Sam the Bat is showing me some constellations using his telescope.

山姆正在用他的望远镜向我展示一些星座。

Constellations are groups of stars that look like shapes or pictures in the night sky.

星座是一组在夜空中看起来像一些形状或图案的星星。

Here's a constellation you might have heard of before.

这是一个你可能以前听说过的星座。

It's called "the Big Dipper" and it gets its name because when you draw lines between each of its stars, it looks like a big soup ladle!

它叫“北斗七星”,之所以这么叫,是因为当你在每一颗星星之间连线时,它看起来就像一个大汤勺!

Kind of like playing connect the dots!

有点像是在玩连点游戏!

Yes, exactly.

是的,没错。

The stars in constellations are actually really far apart from each other, but from here on Earth, they look much closer together.

星座中的星星其实彼此距离很远,但从地球上看,它们离得很近。

So when people look up, they make these pictures and share them with each other, and sometimes they even tell stories about the things they see.

当人们抬头时,会制作这些图案并互相分享,有时甚至会讲述他们所看之物的故事

They might see a bear, or a spoon, or a….Goat fish thing.

他们可能会看到一只熊、一把勺子或一个......山羊鱼。

I want to get a good look at this season’s constellations before we move away from them.

在我们离开之前,我想好好看看这个季节的星座。

Oh, that’s right!

哦,是的!

Depending on what season it is, spring, summer, autumn, or winter, people on different parts of the Earth get to see different stars and constellations.

根据季节的不同,春天、夏天、秋天或冬天,地球上不同地方的人们可以看到不同的星星和星座。

Which constellations are you looking for, Sam?

你在找哪些星座,山姆?

Pegasus! That’s the flying horse constellation!

飞马座!这就是飞马星座!

That’s a great one - I think I see it right up there.

这个星座很大——我想我看到它了。

We can also look for Casseiopeia, or “The Big W”, or even The Dragon’s Head.

我们也可以找找仙后座,或是“大写W”,或是龙头。

And you at home can see those constellations, too, if you’re in the Northern Hemisphere.

如果你在北半球,你在家里也能看到这些星座。

If you’re in the Southern Hemisphere, you might get to see Aquarius, which looks like a man pouring water!

如果你在南半球,你可能会看到水瓶座,它看起来像一个人在倒水!

Hey Jessi, do you know why you can’t see all the constellations all the time?

嘿,杰西,你知道为什么不能一直看到星座吗?

That is a great question, Sam!

这是个很好的问题,山姆!

The Earth moves around our Sun in a big loop throughout the year.

地球全年围绕太阳绕圈运行。

As that happens, we get the chance to look at different parts of space.

在这种情况下,我们有机会看到天空的不同部分。

It’s like when you’re driving around the block in a car or a bus.

这就像你开着小汽车或公共汽车绕着街区转一样。

As you look out the window, you get to see different buildings that seem to move past you.

当你向窗外看时,你会看到不同的建筑似乎从你身边经过。

Because you’re moving, you get a different view of the space around you, even though the buildings out there are actually staying still.

因为你在移动,所以你会对周围的空间有不同的视角,即使外面的建筑实际上是静止的。

Earth is like our bus, and all of the stars and constellations stay in the same place, but we move and see different ones throughout the year.

地球就像我们的巴士,所有的恒星和星座都停留在同一个地方,但我们一年四季都在移动,看到的是不同的。

Yeah!

嗯!

And what part of space you see can changes depending on what time of year it is.

你所看到的空间的部分会根据一年中的时间而变化。

As the Earth moves around the sun, we have a different view of space, so we can see different stars and constellations.

当地球绕着太阳转的时候,我们看太空有不同的视角,所以我们可以看到不同的星星和星座。

Like, I’ve been looking at the constellation Orion.

就像,我一直在观察猎户座。

Orion is easy to see from November to February here in the Northern Hemisphere, because we’re facing it at night time.

从11月到2月,很容易在北半球看到猎户座,因为我们在夜间正对着它。

But by June, our planet has moved to a place where we’re facing Orion during the daytime, and the Sun is too bright for us to see it then.

但到了6月,我们的星球已经移动到一个地方--我们在白天正对着猎户座,太阳太亮了,我们无法看到它。

So at night, Orion is completely out of view, and we see other stars.

所以在晚上,猎户座是完全看不见的,我们可以看到其他的星星。

Constellations are so fascinating!

星座太迷人了!

And these star pictures aren’t just for fun.

这些星星照片不仅仅有趣。

Some stars and the constellations that help us recognize them are really important for helping people find their way.

一些帮助我们识别的星星和星座对帮助人们找到道路非常重要。

That’s so cool!

太酷了!

But how can a star help someone find their way?

但是,星星如何帮助人们找到他们的路呢?

Let me show you.

让我来给你们展示。

This is Polaris, the brightest star in the constellation Ursa Minor.

这是北极星,小熊座中最亮的一颗星。

Some people call Ursa Minor the Little Bear, or the Little Dipper.

有些人称小熊座为小熊,或小北斗七星。

Oh, I know about Polaris! It has another name, too. Some people call it the North Star.

哦,我知道北极星!它还有另一个名字。有人称它为北辰星。

That’s right!

没错!

When we look up into the sky, the North Star is always north of us.

当我们抬头仰望天空时,北极星总是在我们的北边。

That means that if you can find the North Star, you know how to go north!

也就是说,如果你能找到北极星,你就知道怎么往北走!

But what if you don’t need to go north?

但如果你不需要向北走呢?

What if you need to go a different direction?

如果你需要换个方向怎么办?

That’s a good question.

这是个好问题。

Let’s say there’s a ship full of people who need to get to an island that they know is south of where they are.

假设有一艘船载满了人,他们需要去一个他们所在之地南边的岛屿。

If they look up and find the North star, they just need to sail in the opposite direction of that star.

如果他们抬头寻找北极星,他们只需要朝着与北极星相反的方向航行即可。

Even if they have a map to tell them where to go, they can always check Polaris to make sure they’re on track.

即使有地图告诉他们去哪里,他们总是可以用北极星检查,以确保他们在正确的航道上。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
hemisphere ['hemisfiə]

想一想再看

n. 半球

联想记忆
spoon [spu:n]

想一想再看

n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起

 
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
recognize ['rekəgnaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
fascinating ['fæsineitiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 迷人的

联想记忆
block [blɔk]

想一想再看

n. 街区,木块,石块
n. 阻塞(物), 障

 
minor ['mainə]

想一想再看

adj. 较小的,较少的,次要的
n. 未成年

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。