Hi, Doctor Jill! Do you remember our recent lesson on grammar and money?
嗨,吉尔博士!你还记得我们最近关于语法和金钱的课吗?
Hi, John! Yes, we explored the transitive verb pattern:
嗨,约翰。是的,我们探讨了及物动词模式:
subject plus verb plus direct object.
主语加动词加直接宾语。
That's right. For example, “I saved money.”
没错。比如,“我存了钱”。
“I spent $20,” or “I lost $100.”
“我花了20美元”,或者“我损失了100美元”。
There are a few special verbs we use with the transitive verb pattern when we talk about banks.
谈论银行时,我们会在及物动词模式中使用几个特别的动词。
Two of the verbs are opposites: deposit and withdraw.
其中有两个动词是对立的:“deposit”和“withdraw”。
That's right.
没错。
A deposit is when you put money into an account.
“deposit”是指往银行账户里存钱。
A withdrawal is when you take money out of an account.
“withdrawal”则是从账户中取钱。
So, you might say “I deposited $5,” or “I withdrew $10.”
所以,你可能会说“我存了5美元”或者“我取了10美元”。
So, we have two important financial verbs. Are there any others?
我们有两个重要的与财务有关的动词。还有其他动词吗?
Well, one more useful verb is “make.”
还有一个有用的动词是“make”。
We use this verb whenever we talk about the money we get from working at a job.
我们在谈论工资时都会用到这个动词。
So, you might say “I make $1,000 a year,” or “I make $1 million a year.”
所以,你可能会说“我每年赚1000美元”,或者“我每年赚100万美元”。
That's right. Or if you sell an item, you might say “I made $5.”
没错。或者如果你卖了一件商品,你可能会说“我赚了5美元”。
So, we have three verbs, deposit, withdraw, and make.
所以,我们学到了三个动词:“deposit”、“withdraw”、“make”。
We can use all of them with the transitive verb pattern to make all kinds of statements about money or financial transactions.
我们可以在及物动词模式中使用这些动词,表达各种有关金钱或交易相关的句子。
And that's Everyday Grammar TV.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。