1、break up
(使)分裂;(被)拆分;(使)破碎
Civil war could come if the country breaks up.
如果国家分裂就会爆发内战。
There was a danger of the ship breaking up completely.
这艘船有彻底解体的危险。
(恋人)分手;(夫妻)结束关系
My girlfriend had broken up with me.
我的女朋友已跟我分手了。
He felt appalled by the whole idea of marriage so we broke up.
他被结婚的想法吓住了,因此我们分了手。
散(会);(使)解散
A neighbour asked for the music to be turned down and the party broke up.
因为一个邻居要求把音乐音量调低,聚会便散了。
Police used tear gas to break up a demonstration.
警察使用催泪瓦斯驱散示威人群。
2、come over
(尤指奇怪或意外的感觉)支配,影响
As I entered the corridor which led to my room that eerie feeling came over me.
走进通往我房间的走廊时,那种怪异恐怖的感觉包围了我。
I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.
对不起,我不知道自己是怎么回事。
开始觉得;突然表现得
When Connie pours her troubles out to him, Joe comes over all sensitive.
当康妮向他倾诉自己的烦恼时,乔显得极为体贴。
Now you are coming over all puritanical about nothing.
你太古板了,其实没什么事。
给人以…印象;显得
You come over as a capable and amusing companion.
你给人的感觉是一个能干、风趣的同伴。
He came over well — perhaps a little pompous, but nevertheless honest and straightforward.
他给人的印象很好,可能显得有点自大,不过还是很诚实和直率。