I had planned to leave the train at a station,
我原来打算在某个车站下车,
but it now stopped by a river and I decided this would be better.
而现在车停在河边,我想这更好。
I looked out of the carriage window and saw nobody,
从车窗向外望去,什么人也没有,
so I opened the door and dropped quickly down into the long grass.
我于是迅速地打开车门,飞快地跳进高高的草丛中。
My plan was going perfectly until the dog decided that I was stealing something and began to bark loudly.
老农那条狗却断定我在偷什么东西,于是狂吠起来,这下把我好好的计划打乱了。
This woke up the farmer who started to shout.
老农醒了,也开始叫喊。
He thought I was trying to kill myself.
他认为我想自杀。
I crawled through the long grass for about a hundred metres and then looked back.
我在高草丛里爬了大概有一百米然后回头看了看。
The train driver and several passengers were all staring in my direction.
火车司机还有许多乘客都盯着我这个方向。
Luckily, the dog was now so excited that he pulled the farmer out of the carriage.
万幸的是那条狗激动得一下把老农甩到车厢外边。
The farmer began to slide down towards the river.
老农顺着河坡滚下去。
The other passengers ran to help him, the dog bit somebody, and there was a lot of excited shouting.
其他旅客跑过去帮忙,狗又咬了谁,乱糟糟吵作一团。
Soon they had forgotten me, and the next time I looked back, the train was moving again.
不久就把我给忘了,再回头一看,火车又开了。