手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 三十九级台阶(第4级) > 正文

三十九级台阶 第29期:旅馆老板(9)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

It was about six o'clock in the evening when I left the moor and entered the trees.

大约黄昏六点钟,我离开荒原,钻入树林。
I came to a bridge by a house, and there, on the bridge, was a young man.
我走到一座桥上,桥旁有一座房子,桥上有一个年轻人。
He was sitting smoking a pipe, dreamily watching the water, and holding a book.
他坐在那儿,叼着烟斗迷迷糊糊地望着河水,手里拿着一本书。
He jumped up as he heard my feet on the road and I saw a friendly young face.
听到我的脚步声,他跳了起来,我看到他那张和善的面孔。
'Good evening to you, 'he said in a serious voice. 'It's a fine night to be on the road. '
"晚上好,"他一本正经地说,"这样的晚上走路可真不错。"
The smell of cooking came from the house.
房子里飘出做饭的香味。
'Is that house a hotel? 'I asked.
"这是旅店吗?"我问道。
'It certainly is. I'm the owner, and I hope you'll stay the night, because I've been alone for a week. '
"当然,我就是老板。希望您留下过夜,我独自一人已经一周了。"
I sat down next to him and got out my pipe.
我靠着他坐下,掏出烟斗来。
I began to think this young man might help me.
开始想这个年轻人也许能帮我的忙。
'You're young to own a hotel, 'I said.
"您这么年轻就开旅店了。"我说。
'My father died a year ago and now it's mine.
"我父亲一年前去世了,把旅馆传给了我。
It's not an exciting job for a young man like me.
这种事对我这样的年轻人不来劲。
I didn't choose to do it. I want to write books. '
这不是我要干的,我想写书。"
'You've got the right job, 'I said.
"那您这工作正好,"我说。
'With all the travelers you meet you could be the best storyteller in the world. '
"您接待这么多客人,肯定能成为世界上最棒的小说家。"


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。