'What's Dunstan done? Is Wildfire hurt? 'asked Godfrey crossly.
"邓斯坦干什么了?野火受伤了?"戈弗雷怒气冲冲地问。
'Worse than that, 'answered Bryce. 'I'm afraid your horse is dead.
"更糟,"布莱斯回答,"你的马死了,
We've only just found him.
我们刚找到它。
Your brother rode him to the hunt and the horse fell at a gate and broke his back.
你兄弟骑它去狩猎,在跳一个篱笆门的时候马摔断了脊背。
So you haven't seen Dunstan since yesterday? '
从昨天你一直没见你弟弟?"
'No, and he'd better not come home now! 'replied Godfrey angrily.
"没有,他最好别现在回家来!"戈弗雷气急败坏地说,
'How stupid I was to trust him with my horse! '
"我太傻了,竟然把马交给他!"
'But where can Dunstan be? I suppose he wasn't hurt, because we didn't find him near the horse. '
"可邓斯坦在哪儿?我想他没事,因为我们在马旁边没找到他。"
'Him? 'said Godfrey bitterly. 'Oh, he'll be all right.
"他?"戈弗雷苦涩地说,"他不会有事儿的。
He'll never be hurt-he only ever hurts other people!
他永远不会受伤--他只会去伤别人!
We'll hear of him soon enough, don't worry. '
你放心,我们很快会听到他的消息。"
Bryce said goodbye and rode away.
布莱斯告别后骑马走了,
Godfrey rode slowly back into Raveloe, thinking about what he would very soon have to do.
戈弗雷边骑马慢慢向村里走,边想下面怎么办。
There was no longer any escape.
没法再逃了,
He must confess the whole truth to his father.
他必须向父亲承认一切。