I’m sorry I can't come to the phone right now,
很抱歉现在不能接电话。
but I’m getting ready for the masked ball.
但我正在为化装舞会做准备,
See you tonight, if you recognize me, which you won't.
recognize: 认出,认可,承认
晚上见,如果你能能认出我的话,当然不太可能。
-Nate: Hey, Blair. it's me. I, um...
嘿,Blair,是我,恩...
I just I really need to talk to you.
我..我真的需要和你谈谈。
It's, uh, there's this thing with my dad,
这个...这件事和我爸爸有关,
and, um...
还有...
you know, I just I really need to talk to you.
我真的...我真的需要和你谈谈,
so can you call me back when you can? Thanks.
你有时间马上回电话给我,好吗?
-Jenny: Well, that's all of it.
全都好了。
-Blair: Thank you so much.
非常感谢。
I don't know what I would've done without you. Thank you.
without: 无,没有
真不知道没你该怎么办,谢谢。
-Jenny: That's okay. Yeah, it was fun.
没什么的,很有意思.
-Blair: I’m glad. It's all part of your education.
education: 教育
我很高兴,这都是你的良好教育,
and it looks like you're learning. it's a nice bracelet.
bracelet: 手镯,手链
看来你在学习啊,手链真漂亮。
Vintage, right? the diamonds look real.
diamond: 钻石
是Vintage的,是吗,钻石好象是真的啊。
-Jenny: 'cause they sort of are.
因为就是真的。
uh, the man at the store lent it to me.
lent: lend的过去式,借出
是店里那个男人借给我的。
-Blair: Why would he do that?
他为什么这么做?
oh! oh, sweetie, you didn't think
sweetie: 亲爱的人
噢,亲爱的,你不会以为
you were gonna be able to come tonight, right?
今晚你有可能来参加吧? 是不是?
-Jenny: I thought maybe, yeah.
我想或许吧。
-Blair: Jenny, freshmen don't get to go to the masked ball.
freshman: [美国英语]四年制高中的新生
Jenny 新人是不能参加化装舞会的,
it's just tradition.
tradition: 传统
这是个传统。
-Jenny: No, I know. It's just that there were five dresses.
不是的,我知道,只是你准备了5件礼服。
-Blair: Oh, it you always need backup.
backup: 后援,帮助
噢...总是需要候补的嘛。
I mean, what …what if I spilled something or a zipper broke?
spill: 溢出,洒 zipper: 拉链 break: 坏掉
我是说,如果我洒了什么上去,或者拉链坏了。
-Jenny: Yeah, of course. I’ll remember that.
是啊,当然了,我会记住的。
Have fun tonight.
fun: 乐趣
今晚玩开心。
-Blair: I will, and don't worry,
我会的,不用担心,
your time will come. I promise.
promise: 保证,承诺
总有一天会轮到你的,我保证。
now if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready.
现在我要失陪一下了,得去准备准备。