I’m sorry I kissed you, but I did it because that mercenary in the starched white shirt
mercenary: 惟利是图者 starched: 上了浆的,浆硬的
我很抱歉吻了你,但我那么做是因为那个穿着笔挺白衬衣的势利小人
he doesn't appreciate everything you have over an attractive 25-year-old mannequin.
appreciate: 欣赏,赏识 attractive: 有吸引力的 mannequin: 时装模特
他不懂得欣赏你身上所有胜过那个25岁模特的迷人之处
'cause beauty fades, though yours has done a remarkable job of holding on,
beauty: 美丽,美貌 fade: 褪色,消失 remarkable: 非凡的,不同寻常的;出色的
因为美丽是会衰退的,不过你的保持程度令人惊讶
and in the long run, it's gonna be his loss.
loss: 损失
并且很长一段时间内这都是他的损失
and I thought he should know how it feels to lose you.
而我认为他应该体会到失去的滋味是怎样的
cause trust me, it's not fun.
trust: 相信 fun: 开玩笑的,有趣的
相信我,不好受的。
-Lily: I think it worked.
work: 起作用,有效
我想这起作用了
-Bart: Lily, may I speak with you for a moment?
Lily 我能跟你聊几句吗?
if you'll excuse us.
如果你不介意的话。
-Rufus: Happy to help.
很愿意帮忙
-Bart: She means nothing.
她没有任何意义。
-Serena: Jenny? Hey.
Jenny? 嘿
-Jenny: Serena.
Serena
um, look, you didn't see me here, okay?
你瞧,你没在这儿见过我,好吗?
-Serena: Yeah, don't worry about it. Just one in a series of things
好,别担心,这只是我今晚
I’ll pretend didn't happen tonight.
会当作没发生过的其中一件事而已。
-Jenny: Is everything okay?
一切都还好吗?
-Serena: I’m not sure. Dan surprised me by showing up here.
surprise: 使惊喜,使惊讶
我不知道,Dan出现在这里给了我一个惊喜。
-Jenny: well, go, Dan!
做得好啊,Dan!
-Serena: Yeah, except then he threw me for a loop
except: 除了,除…之外 threw: throw的过去式,扔下,丢下 loop: 环,圈
是啊,除了他丢下我傻在那里
by chasing after some girl named Vanessa.
chase: 追赶 name: 名叫,命名
去追那个叫Vanessa的女孩子。
-Jenny: No, V.'s Dan's best friend.
不是的,V是Dan的死党。
-Serena: Yeah, well, they seemed like a little more than that.
可看起来不只如此
they've kind of got a history, don't they?
history: 过去,个人经历
他们有段过去,是不是?
-Jenny: Sure. but, I mean, Dan's never liked a girl like he likes you.
是的,但是 Dan从来没有像喜欢你这样喜欢过别人。
really. I mean, come on. he's at a masked ball,
真的,你瞧啊,他都来参加化装舞会了。
and I think he'd go basically anywhere with you...
basically: 基本的,主要的
我想他基本上会跟你去任何地方的
except for maybe the Ice Capades
或许除了白雪溜冰团,
cause that really freaked him out when he was 5.
freak: 使躁动不安
因为他5岁的时候真的被吓到了。
-Serena: You know what? I... I think I’ll go and try to find him.
你知道吗我...我想我该去找找他
I don't know how I’m gonna find anyone.
我不知道该怎么找别人,
this stupid mask keeps falling over my eyes.
stupid: 愚蠢的 mask: 面具
这白痴面具让我什么都看不清。