I conned my way in here, all to see you. I care.
con: 哄骗;勾引 care: 在乎
我想尽一切办法进来这里,为了见你,我在乎。
-Serena: Well, you didn't seem to care this morning,
今早你似乎没那么在乎,
when you were with another girl and lied to me.
lie: 欺骗,说谎
当你和别的女孩儿一起,却骗了我。
-Dan: What? whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
什么? 喔喔喔喔
I didn't well... I did.
我没有...好吧我是有
Yeah. I did, but I can explain.
explain: 解释,说明
我是有,但我可以解释的。
-Serena: Go ahead. Give it your best shot.
shot: 尝试
说吧,拿出看家本事来。
-Dan: I was with my friend Vanessa.
我是和我朋友Vanessa在一起,
we're very close, and she moved away to Vermont last year,
我们关系很好,但去年她去了佛蒙特,
and now she's back.
现在她回来了。
-Serena: Okay, so why'd you lie and say it was Jenny?
好,那你为什么要撒谎说是Jenny?
-Dan: Because I’m an idiot. I don't know why I...
idiot: 白痴
因为我是个白痴。我不知道为什么我...
look, Vanessa and I...
你瞧 Vanessa和我
our relationship is a little complicated,
relationship: 关系,男女关系 complicated: 复杂的
我们的关系有点复杂。
or it was, before I met you.
曾经是这样,在我见到你之前,
and honestly, I didn't want anything to get in the way of you inviting me to this... stupid party
honestly: 诚实地,真诚地 stupid: 愚蠢的
说实话,我不想有任何事阻挡你邀请我来参加这个愚蠢的派对。
-Serena: Well, I was gonna invite you.
我本来是要请你的。
-Dan: Really?
真的吗?
So not into, uh, pompous ass the fourth?
pompous: 自大的,傲慢的,自夸的 ass: 蠢人,傻子,笨蛋;固执的人,家伙
所以不喜欢那个...自大鬼四世?
-Serena: You're saying you're not into old friend Vanessa?
into: 对…很有兴趣;极喜欢
你是说你并不喜欢那位老相识Vanessa?
-Dan: That is exactly what I’m saying.
exactly: 恰好地,正是
我就是这个意思。
-Gossip girl: Oh, yes, the other part we love about a masquerade?
masquerade: 假面舞会,化装舞会
噢,是的,化装舞会让我们热衷的另一个部分
When the mask finally comes off and the truth is revealed to all。)
finally: 最后,最终 truth: 真相 reveal: 显示,揭示
当面具终于摘下真相就大白于天下
-Dan: Will you excuse me?
我失陪一下。