-Nate: All right. I’ll see ya. bye.
好的,再见,拜。
-Vanessa: Hey, anybody home?
嘿,有人在家吗
-Rufus :Hey, you and Dan going out?
嘿,你要和Dan出去吗?
-Vanessa: Just to the movies. What about you?
只是去看电影,你呢?
a Humphrey man in a sports coat?
Humphrey家的男人穿着西装?
I’d normally ask if you had a date,
normally: 正常地
通常我会问你是不是有约会。
-Rufus :But…but my wife left me, hmm?
不过...,不过我妻子离开我了,好吗?
-Vanessa: Yeah. what's up with Alison? Dan says she's still upstate.
upstate: 在(或向)州的北部 (或边远)地区
是啊,Alison怎么回事? Dan说她还在北部呢。
-Rufus :I thought that was just for the summer. so did her husband.
我以为只是过暑假而已,她丈夫也是这么以为的。
-Vanessa: Okay, we'll circle back to that.
circle: 围绕,环绕
好吧,以后我们再回到这个话题上。
one issue at a time. like
issue: 问题
一次一个问题
-Rufus :Where are my keys?
比如我的钥匙在哪儿
-Vanessa: What do you need keys for? Just use Dan's window.
你要钥匙干吗呢? 用Dan的窗户就好了啊
Where is Dan, by the way?
顺便问一句,Dan在哪儿?
-Rufus :Uh, he should be back in a minute. hmm.
他应该很快就回来了。
so, uh, Dan seems happy to see you.
Dan看到你很高兴
-Vanessa: Why wouldn't he be?
有什么奇怪的?
-Rufus: Well, um, if you don't mind me saying so,
mind: 介意
如果不介意我这么说的话,
when you left here, you kind of broke his heart.
你离开这里的时候,有点让他伤心。
-Vanessa: I’m back, aren't I?
我现在回来了,不是吗?
I hated being away from the city. Away from Dan.
我讨厌离开这里离开Dan
-Rufus :Did you tell Dan this?
你有跟Dan说过吗?
-Vanessa: No, not yet, but I’m planning on it tonight
没有,还没,我打算今晚说的。
before or after the movie. I’m not sure yet.
在看电影前后,还没确定。
you know, I gotta pick my moment. it's kind of a big deal.
deal: 事情
你知道的,我要找好机会,这不是什么小事。
-Rufus :Oh, thanks. you know, there's, uh,
谢谢,你知道...
a lot that's changed since you were here.
自从你走后,这里发生了很多改变。
-Vanessa: So Dan says.
Dan也这么说。
-Rufus: But you guys have always been close.
close: 亲密的,亲近的
但你们两个一直都很亲密。
you'll figure it out.
你会知道怎么做的。