-Rufus: Well, they don't like to admit it, but they want us to break through.
admit: 承认 break through: 突破
虽然他们不想承认,但他们希望我们能穿墙而过。
-Lily: Yeah, well, maybe Serena, but Eric,
Serena可能是这样,但Eric,
I don't know what he wants.
我都不知道他想要什么。
-Rufus: You're awfully concerned about a 14-year-old boy breaking curfew.
awfully: 极端地,非常地 be concerned about: 忧虑 break: 打破 curfew: 宵禁
他不过是个没守宵禁的14岁男孩,你太过担心了。
-Lily: Well, it's not my curfew he's breaking.
他没遵守的不是我的宵禁。
He's been staying at the Ostroff center.
他一直住在Ostroff中心。
-Rufus: Ostroff center?
Ostroff中心?
-Lily: Yeah.
对。
-Rufus: Is it drugs? Drinking?
drugs: 毒品
他吸毒?还是酗酒?
-Lily: Um, no, he's not a bad kid.
不,他不是个坏孩子。
He's just--just, um, a lonely one.
lonely: 孤单的
他只是...很孤单。
-Rufus: It's depression?
depression: 抑郁症
抑郁症?
Is it bad?
情况很糟吗?
-Lily: Bad enough to try to kill himself.
糟糕到他企图自杀。
-Rufus: I'm sorry.
抱歉。
-Lily: No, I don't know why.
不,我不知道为什么。
I don't know what I did or I didn't do, but...
我不知道是我做过什么,还是疏忽了没做什么...
I just don't know what to do to--to make sure it doesn't happen again.
make sure: 确定,确信
我现在不知道要如何防止这再次发生。
-Rufus: All you can do is be there for them.
你要做的就是陪在他们身边。
-Lily: Oh, I hope that's Dan or Serena.
希望是Dan或者Serena打来的。
-Rufus: Hello? Hey, great.
喂,你好,很好。
Uh, yeah. Actually, I can tell her.
呃,对,实际上我能告诉她。
His mother's here with me.
她妈妈在我身边呢。
It's a long story.
说来话长了。
Sounds good. Take care.
听起来不错,小心点。